RickyMac

Status access violation

I keep receiving status access violation everytime I try to join a server. It begins to load up and my game just instantly crashes to desktop. I've tried uninstalling the game, steam, deleting app data everything and nothing works. It was running fine before. 

1 minute ago, RickyMac said:

I keep receiving status access violation everytime I try to join a server. It begins to load up and my game just instantly crashes to desktop. I've tried uninstalling the game, steam, deleting app data everything and nothing works. It was running fine before. 

Check the Application and System logs in Windows Event Viewer and see if anything relevant is being logged by Windows when it crashes.

6 hours ago, RickyMac said:

Reinstall BattlEye :,
1. uninstall BattlEye - BattlEye folder in the game folder, start Uninstall_BattlEye.
2. restart the PC
3. Install BattlEye, BattlEye folder in the game folder, start Install_BattlEye.
4. If the problem persists. Go to the folder "my documents", find the folder DayZ, delete the folder "DayZ".
5. Try to log into the server

I did all that 10+ times. The only thing that worked was by uninstalling RTTS. They must have pushed an update to RTSS which changes the way it hooks to the games code that battle eye or dayz itself doesn't like. It worked fine for months and then just randomly would not work anymore with that program running. 

I got the same issue now, 3 days tried all but burning the computer. Any other tips, cause the ones here dont work at all.

On 1/13/2023 at 12:01 PM, FIRMKillBill said:

I got the same issue now, 3 days tried all but burning the computer. Any other tips, cause the ones here dont work at all.

Did you resolve this? 

As of Today, I have managed to rectify this problem very easily. Like everyone else, exactly the same issue and up until 3 days ago, I was able to play DayZ from both DZSA launcher and stand alone DayZ launcher. Then I installed the NEW 'Nvidia app', recently released in the last week or so. Not thinking anything of it, I tried to play the game but got the OP's issue. I have tried everything suggested on this thread inc format and reinstall the game, Steam and DZSA launcher....same problem. 

I then remembered about the Nvidia APP. So I uninstalled it, restarted my PC and Voila! Everything works, no issues reported. 

So, I can confirm, it is a problem related to the Nvidia drivers - however, point to note. Nvidia App did not affect my other games, only DayZ!! 

Make of that what you will, but i'm happy. 

On 2/26/2024 at 12:47 PM, 59CDO_Lee said:

As of Today, I have managed to rectify this problem very easily. Like everyone else, exactly the same issue and up until 3 days ago, I was able to play DayZ from both DZSA launcher and stand alone DayZ launcher. Then I installed the NEW 'Nvidia app', recently released in the last week or so. Not thinking anything of it, I tried to play the game but got the OP's issue. I have tried everything suggested on this thread inc format and reinstall the game, Steam and DZSA launcher....same problem. 

I then remembered about the Nvidia APP. So I uninstalled it, restarted my PC and Voila! Everything works, no issues reported. 

So, I can confirm, it is a problem related to the Nvidia drivers - however, point to note. Nvidia App did not affect my other games, only DayZ!! 

Make of that what you will, but i'm happy. 

What was the solution?