Sign in to follow this  
Shurr

Cars

Can we just sit back and think about cars for a minute? Specifically, literally every drivable car in the game. And to be honest, in my opinion, we should be thinking about the betterment of cars. Improvements. I can tell you now, that every game I’ve jumped into, official and community, that cars have been the biggest problem, if not, the worst problem for my entertainment. I admit, they’re useful for getting around the map faster, and without damaging your shoes, but it’d be even better if they actually worked. I can’t get from Vavilovo to Sinystok without either freezing and coming back to a red screen, or going full fucking NASA and taking a 20-second flight before immediately teleporting 300 meters away from where I last was and not having enough time to stop before I eat tree bark, once again ending up on a red screen. Like seriously, if you’re not gonna fix the cars, then just remove them. It would make literally everything 50x better than it is right now. Cars aren’t supposed to fly, neither are they supposed to phase through the ground, yet that seems like something I can’t avoid when driving one. People spend hours - days, even - to get a car functioning. What’s the point if the second they step foot in one, they glitch through the entire map and end up dying? It ruins the fun. Please, either fix them or remove them. I’m done dying to cars because you fail to acknowledge this dumb bug.

• Thanks 1

Cars are really bad and not fun to drive. Literally arma 2 dayz mod cars way 10 times better than what we have right now. Hopefully they will rework cars big time like they reworked the game engine.

Car performance is dependent on the game engine first, server performance (at any given time) second and player internet connection third. It's been discussed multiple times already. For example, driving in a low-med pop vanilla server is basically almost flawless. Heavily modded ones and a wonky internet connection will muddy the experience.
As for a foreseeable fix, it isn't as simple as it seems.

Edited by Masgel

5 hours ago, Masgel said:

Car performance is dependent on the game engine first, server performance (at any given time) second and player internet connection third. It's been discussed multiple times already. For example, driving in a low-med pop vanilla server is basically almost flawless. Heavily modded ones and a wonky internet connection will muddy the experience.

The server FPS is not working properly. This affects not only cars, but also other interactions of the character's hands. How many servers do you know that do not have this problem?

5 hours ago, Masgel said:

As for a foreseeable fix, it isn't as simple as it seems.

It's just that the studio has to do the right job before the 1.00 release. The server desynchronization problem has existed since release 1.00. It does not depend on the client-server connection; on the contrary, it breaks the client connection due to the incorrect operation of the server side of the game. I noticed more than once that when a stable connection with the server did not help, desynchronization problems were reproduced. This can also lead to the crash of the game client for a player, or a group of players. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T155184

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 1

I wrote it already in another thread, but I want to repeat it here too (Repetita Juvant).
I also often use my private server (the one downloadable from Steam), installed on the same PC as the client, and being on the same PC, the ping should be 0 (zero), even if the game is ± 10/15 (?!?)
Well... the behavior of the vehicles is very bad.
Without rewriting everything again, this is the link to the full version:
https://forums.dayz.com/topic/249348-experimental-update-110-changelog/?do=findComment&comment=2463666

🤨

I think im in a Lowrider every time i drive around the map, it just bounce around and sometimes do a flip😂. The Driving kills us 8/10 Times !

often you stuck in a car when you try to get out that is a big disadvantage !

2 hours ago, James Adam Rimmer said:

Just had a weird occasion yesterday.....its got to be terrible collision detection code work
Might be due to "bullets going through walls" But its 100% bad collision detection.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/118440483

That's cool. 👍You stepped aside in time, it would be a fiasco if the car ran over you when you were pouring water into the radiator. This is well written, and can fully describe the failure of the server-client synchronization mechanics of the game. Bohemia does nothing about this problem, and has a few users on the forum who state that it is a bad server problem.
But none of them is able to provide facts about good synchronization of the "world's best" 😂 vanilla server with 30+ players.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T155184

Edited by lex__1