Sign in to follow this  
ItzStannis

Helpful Tips?

Struggling with the game at the minute, played 5 hours and died about 10 times.

I struggle finding knifes, or even small stones. i'm only eating apples, pears and plums. Freezing most of the time.

So yeah help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finding 2 small stones is hard.  I have found stones on the dirt paths before.  I don't know if I have ever found one on a train track.  The knife you can make from them does not last long.  I wouldn't bother looking for them.

Eat you fruit, then look for clothing.   Industrial areas have jumpsuits which fairly warm are pretty good at repelling water.  You typically don't find much food in an industrial zone, unless its looted off dead zombies, so don't stay there long.  A fire department has excellent clothing.  The only downside is the reflective tape makes them high visibility at night.

After that I would head to a large city.  Loot homes and kill zombies for food.  If you are lucky enough to find a human or animal corpse you can make bone hooks and go fishing.  You can make rope out of piles of rags, a fishing rod out of a long stick + rope.   While you are in the industrial areas you might find a fishing rod and metal hooks.  A pickaxe, shovel, or machete will allow you to dig for worms.  I have fished in fountains.

If you can find a vegetable, even a spoiled one, cut the seeds out of it.   If its edible eat it, all but the last small bit.  Then use a knife to take the seeds out of that last small bit.  You might be able to find a pack of seeds in a green house.   Once you have seeds on your person you have options.

You can find one of the many abandoned garden plots, or make your own.   Plant those seeds.   If you are starving, log out until the plants grow.   Then pig out until you can't eat anymore.  Always keep some seeds on you.  Keep a water bottle on you, even a dirty one.  You can plant veggies and get your moisture from them.

An axe one hits zombies from the chin up.  I believe a sledge hammer is better against players for its knock-out effect.

Remember the primitive crafting skills: short stick + tinder (bark, rags, paper) = fireplace. Short stick + bark = hand drill. 2 small stones = stone knife. Small stones are only found on dirt roads/paths I think. Also once you have a knife you can get bark from trees and sharpen long sticks to roast food on. Stay mobile unless weather forbids it, just dont sprint too much. Survival is about conservation.

You only need one thing in this game to survive, and that's a knife. Build a fire, hunt chickens, craft hooks. Crafting fishing rod, dig for works. 
Warmth not only keeps you from freezing, but reduces how much calories your character burns, good if you have to wait out some rain.

On 1/24/2022 at 10:10 PM, Ellie Jean said:

PS: Kill every Russian Zombie you see. They have food and drink on them occasionally. 😉

...You'd think they'd have some heroin occasionally too, seeing as Russia has more heroin addicts than any other country on Earth...buuuut nope! Lol.  🙄

...I guess this is a fictional Russia where heroin doesn't exist lmao. 😅

How is heroin relevant to a zombie survival game?

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2022 at 7:51 PM, Ellie Jean said:

...It's just plain flat-out unrealistic how many Russian Zombies I've killed with NEVER having EVER found ANY vodka or heroin on their person...that simply wouldn't happen in real life hehehe.

Cute.

You realize this is for the Arma 2 mod, right?