Sign in to follow this  
Kohlbar

Experience with rubber bullets

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anybody out there has had any experience with rubber bullets for the shotgun. I've got some rubber bullets and I was wondering is it possible to kill people with them? Do they go uncon from body shots? Any feedback is appreciated.

Only used them a few times and found them practically useless against players and infected. Plus, in a game where actual bullets are lying on the ground, I just don't see the point.

1 hour ago, Kohlbar said:

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anybody out there has had any experience with rubber bullets for the shotgun. I've got some rubber bullets and I was wondering is it possible to kill people with them? Do they go uncon from body shots? Any feedback is appreciated.

Good only against players, players go uncon for long enough to rob them or tie them up. I like them a lot, if you're not in a killing mood but also don't want to have a lenghty conversation 🙂 They also don't seem to damage clothing and items, so in fact if you want to be a cruel bandit, first drop them with rubber, take what you need and then shoot them. 

2 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Only used them a few times and found them practically useless against players and infected. Plus, in a game where actual bullets are lying on the ground, I just don't see the point.

Yeah, I only have the rubber ones in experimental atm. Shot one guy in the chest I'm pretty sure and he seemed none the worse for wear.

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

Good only against players, players go uncon for long enough to rob them or tie them up. I like them a lot, if you're not in a killing mood but also don't want to have a lenghty conversation 🙂 They also don't seem to damage clothing and items, so in fact if you want to be a cruel bandit, first drop them with rubber, take what you need and then shoot them. 

That's good to know about not damaging items 😄

I did some testing with rubber bullets and found out it takes 6 shots with rubber bullets to blow up a gas station and 3 headshots to kill a zombie as of 1.10 exp.

5 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

Yeah, I only have the rubber ones in experimental atm. Shot one guy in the chest I'm pretty sure and he seemed none the worse for wear.

That's good to know about not damaging items 😄

I shot a newbie was coming at me with an axe and I hit him with something like three slugs from the automatic shotgun. It may have stunned him a little, but he still just turned around and ran off. That was the last time I bothered with it. Against a geared player they'll do nothing at all.

56 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

I shot a newbie was coming at me with an axe and I hit him with something like three slugs from the automatic shotgun. It may have stunned him a little, but he still just turned around and ran off. That was the last time I bothered with it. Against a geared player they'll do nothing at all.

Then there was something else at play. Player will go down uncon with one shot in my experience. Teste on both myself by getting shot and by shooting other people. 

I use them to interrogate people without killing them. Depending on the answer is if they live or not.

7 hours ago, tandwan said:

I use them to interrogate people without killing them. Depending on the answer is if they live or not.

You know, if they get a bit of attitude with you, you could "interrogate" them further with more rubber bullets to the head and see how many it takes... you know... for science

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

It may have stunned him a little, but he still just turned around and ran off.

I'll say it's good for that much at least. I had to use mine in self defense and while the guy didn't get hurt, I think he was confused and scared enough to not pursue me anymore.