Robzom11

Flagpole kit placement...

Question

Has anyone been able to place a flagpole kit? I can't seem to place one near my base in the woods, the terrain is pretty much flat, am i missing something or are the kits just super specific on where they can be placed? I even ran out into a field and couldn't place it either...

7 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

Has anyone been able to place a flagpole kit? I can't seem to place one near my base in the woods, the terrain is pretty much flat, am i missing something or are the kits just super specific on where they can be placed? I even ran out into a field and couldn't place it either...

Haven't tried yet, though from what I gather they are quite complicated to set up? 

17 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

I have placed it in the woods, but that was week or more ago. IDk why yours is having trouble. BUT that's also on PC

Edited by discipled

16 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Haven't tried yet, though from what I gather they are quite complicated to set up? 

Ya it's weird, you need alot of different tools, not the most intuitive process either.

12 hours ago, discipled said:

I have placed it in the woods, but that was week or more ago. IDk why yours is having trouble. BUT that's also on PC

I think it may be a console issue, or maybe the side of the map I'm on is bugged for flagpole kits.

Edited by Robzom11

On 10/11/2020 at 8:56 PM, Robzom11 said:

that seems odd if you can't even place it in a field. I haven't had a problem building them on ps4, my base was in a dense forest too and I could still build the flag pole. sounds like a bug to me or the xbox flag pole is just super sensitive to positioning.

• Like 1

Holy shit so get this, im building a garage for my base and i can't seem to place the final fence kit cuz the terrains to uneven (even though its like 5 inch difference) so i get frustrated & bored and one thing leads to another and i whip out the flagpole kit, im whipping my screen around the middle of my "garage" when i briefly see a place icon, i find it and place the flagpole kit! Though it's to far i think from my base so i take it down, as I'm trying to place it again closer to my base i realize there was a shovel laying on the ground where i originally placed the kit... So i take the shovel and drop it on the ground inside my base (where i always wanted to place the flag) and center the flag kit so the shovel is directly in the middle, and fucking wallah it places... I then did the same for the final fence for my garage and it also let me place it, needless to say I'm a genius and am basically fucking elon musk at this point.

Im guessing the issue was uneven terrain, and the field was more of a clearing next to the woods my base is in. Weird cuz it's pretty much flat, doesn't make sense for fences or anything to be so sensitive to a couple inch difference. Anyways i couldn't have done it without my trusty shovel, so big ups my shovel.

Elon musk out.

Edited by Robzom11
  • Beans 1

might also be the shovel made small grass or bushes lay down long enough for you to place... sometimes they prevent it from placing.... but usually a tool like that will prevent you from doing it too so thats odd haha

On 10/13/2020 at 9:09 AM, Robzom11 said:

Holy shit so get this, im building a garage for my base and i can't seem to place the final fence kit cuz the terrains to uneven (even though its like 5 inch difference) so i get frustrated & bored and one thing leads to another and i whip out the flagpole kit, im whipping my screen around the middle of my "garage" when i briefly see a place icon, i find it and place the flagpole kit! Though it's to far i think from my base so i take it down, as I'm trying to place it again closer to my base i realize there was a shovel laying on the ground where i originally placed the kit... So i take the shovel and drop it on the ground inside my base (where i always wanted to place the flag) and center the flag kit so the shovel is directly in the middle, and fucking wallah it places... I then did the same for the final fence for my garage and it also let me place it, needless to say I'm a genius and am basically fucking elon musk at this point.

Im guessing the issue was uneven terrain, and the field was more of a clearing next to the woods my base is in. Weird cuz it's pretty much flat, doesn't make sense for fences or anything to be so sensitive to a couple inch difference. Anyways i couldn't have done it without my trusty shovel, so big ups my shovel.

Elon musk out.

Yeah man, for science 😂

• Haha 1