Sign in to follow this  
84thSAS

Bug or Intended Mechanic

Good day all, just a quick question. Last night I was playing on my character on an official non-modded server and hid in a small cement out building with a metal door. After a few minutes I heard gunshots which sounded like they were coming from right outside so I readied my weapon at the door, but hoped they didn't know I was there and would quietly hide out until they left. Then I heard 2 more gunshots and all of a sudden I was dead.

So my question is, are you supposed to be able to shoot through concrete or a metal door or is it a bug? I was standing close to the middle of the room so no part of my character should have been sticking through the wall. It was kind of frustrating as I had spent a lot of time on that character with full military gear, an M70, SVD, UMP, tons of food and ammo, etc. I understand dying and losing everything is part of the game and I'm ok with that aspect, but it kinda chaps my butt when I don't feel like I should have died like that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by 84thSAS

Not gonna lie, without being there and/or video documentation it's very difficult to tell you what happened. Maybe they got an angle on you and you didn't see it?

• Like 1

I doubt it, there weren't any windows, but it is what it is I guess lol

Some surfaces are penetrable.

It is also known that official servers have some hacker issues. But as Tandwan said, without footage it is difficult to tell what the exact reason was.

Edited by amadieus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1