Snake14180

Shoes get damage very fast from pristine In 1.09

It is just me and my friend that have this problem with the shoes get damaged fast or is it more people on the Xbox?

Edited by Snake14180

I haven't noticed it to be worse than before. Worth noting though that you can now spawn in fresh with already damaged clothing and shoes

• Thanks 1

I've noticed this as well. They made alot of changes in way of damaging that they never mentioned in the update logs.

• Thanks 1

I have found that running off the paved road helps.

The shoe type helps as well. Combat boots seem to last quite well.

YMMV!

MW

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, melw45 said:

I have found that running off the paved road helps.

The shoe type helps as well. Combat boots seem to last quite well.

YMMV!

MW

I have the same problem with the combat boots

On 9/26/2020 at 3:28 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I haven't noticed it to be worse than before. Worth noting though that you can now spawn in fresh with already damaged clothing and shoes

Yeah I saw that straight away, same with fruit and rags. Maybe it’s a bug when they add that when you start fresh. 

Edited by Snake14180

On 10/2/2020 at 5:23 PM, nghtrdr said:

I've noticed this as well. They made alot of changes in way of damaging that they never mentioned in the update logs.

It’s pretty ridiculous how the boots gets  damage. You cannot travel long at all, then we know that we are in the same boat

18 hours ago, Snake14180 said:

Yeah I saw that straight away, same with fruit and rags. Maybe it’s a bug when they add that when you start fresh. 

No, it's intentional that you spawn in with damaged gear as a fresh spawn. As for the rate at which shoes take damage, I'm not having real issues with that, seems no different to me. I'm pretty sure different types of footwear wear out at different rates and running on hard ground probably wears them out faster. I also assume damage can be caused by hits from infected. 

I'm fine with the rate that shoes get damaged. I do think that the bleeding effect happens to fast and often though. Depending on your location and luck in finding a replacement, you might have a very bad time when your shoes get ruined. Thankfully footwear is pretty common in towns 

2 hours ago, amadieus said:

I'm fine with the rate that shoes get damaged. I do think that the bleeding effect happens to fast and often though. Depending on your location and luck in finding a replacement, you might have a very bad time when your shoes get ruined. Thankfully footwear is pretty common in towns 

Yeah, I think if you stick to the grass you should be able to run without any ill effects other than maybe drop in temperature. Bleeding feet running on stony ground though.