Kyiara

DayZ Base-Builder Contest - Console

Hello survivors!

As we successfully ran this contest for PC players, now it's time for you console players to compete for the best base in DayZ (and win some amazing prices with it)!

First time seeing this?

With the 1.09 update, the flag pole was introduced. With it, you will get the chance to have your own Flag in-game.

The Rules:

• Participating bases can be built on any official server
  • When you have the base ready, submit a couple of screenshots of your base via DM to our official DayZ Twitter
  • Don´t forget to include your platform (Xbox/PS4), server name and location, so that we can have a look ourselves 🙂
  • Must include - A flag pole within the base
  • Deadline - 11 Oct 2020
  • This event is for consoles only, as PC players participated last month.

20200907161622_1.jpg

Screenshot credit: ProfessionalDead

Rewards for the winners

• Up to 5 Livonia keys for any platform, one for each of your team members
  • Design a flag that will come to the base game (needs to be presentable!)
  • Accepted designs will be released together with the release of the 1.10 update
  • Bases will be judged internally by the DayZ developers, and one winner from each platform will be selected

What is the Flag pole?

The goal of this structure is to make the overall base management easier by having one central structure, which, within a given time, re-sets lifetime values of objects within its radius.
The flag itself comes in 27 variants.

Have fun!

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Not personally for me but nice to see you lot bringing the community in, progress is progress so you’ve earned my beans.

Should have more ideas like this, I feel it can only be a good thing.

(OldSchool Runescape and their polls does something similar , like 3 items that may not be in the next update of your lots choice and then whatever wins comes into the game, could be anything but it brings people together and the consoles need this as it’s pretty toxic)

• Like 1

How about the winner gets to choose a bug fix of his/ her choice. 😂 🤣 

Like mine would be car glitch or frame rate.  

Or how about invincible cars. That would be a very nice gesture by the devs. 

• Haha 1

Hey guys, does this mean we can only have up to 5 members building this base? Or can we exceed this and fight to the death for the Livonia Keys (If we won).

how about increasing the amount of nails in loot?    its been horrible trying to find them since the 1.09 patch

15 hours ago, Bossshawk said:

how about increasing the amount of nails in loot?    its been horrible trying to find them since the 1.09 patch

I'm not having a problem finding nails since 1.09, as a matter of fact I have about 20 boxes in storage now to increase my base defences 10 fold.

17 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

I'm not having a problem finding nails since 1.09, as a matter of fact I have about 20 boxes in storage now to increase my base defences 10 fold.

You on community or public servers? I’ve found loads on community servers but haven’t played public since duping was around so can’t say much about that but I remember public being a lot harder to find nails.

17 minutes ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

You on community or public servers? I’ve found loads on community servers but haven’t played public since duping was around so can’t say much about that but I remember public being a lot harder to find nails.

james the reason why you can find a mass ammount of nails on community servers is because server owners controle the loot econemy where as on the official servers its set to bohemians settings and cant be changed which is a reason i dont play on there official servers and only play on my own private community servers that ive purchased through nitrado because i dont pvp i only pve so i have access to mods on pc to spawn nails so thats no issue but on console it is a bit of an issue as we have to edit our types.xml files and spawnable files to equate for the loot spawns and how much loot spawns on given server

1 hour ago, startac43 said:

james the reason why you can find a mass ammount of nails on community servers is because server owners controle the loot econemy where as on the official servers its set to bohemians settings and cant be changed which is a reason i dont play on there official servers and only play on my own private community servers that ive purchased through nitrado because i dont pvp i only pve so i have access to mods on pc to spawn nails so thats no issue but on console it is a bit of an issue as we have to edit our types.xml files and spawnable files to equate for the loot spawns and how much loot spawns on given server

Yeah I know man, I had a private server on console so understand somewhat how the files work, just not too sure in regards to public servers though as I never play them anymore so can’t say what that economy is like myself.

Just now, lJamesHalel1 said:

Yeah I know man, I had a private server on console so understand somewhat how the files work, just not too sure in regards to public servers though as I never play them anymore so can’t say what that economy is like myself.

yeah bro i get ya mate as i dont touch the official servers at all due to the stories ive heard of greifers and dupers hence why i find it so much more pleasent owning my own servers 

• Beans 1

im on Official Servers... i dont mind trying to work hard for gaining what i need in the game... but when you go through 5 towns/cities.. every garage every shed every building... and find 1 box of nails....  how are you supposed to build a base.. never mind one that can at least slow someone down for a bit when dupers are just duping whatever they need to build theirs?  

no possible way to compete that way

and my opinion a contest like this should be separated from Official to Community as stated above... Community can have and usually does have boosted loot anyways... so they can just pump up the loot and have no lack of building supplies and tools lying around... where on Official if you arent already established or been hoarding for ages... you have to scrounge hard even for building supplies...

i went through 5 towns last night like stated above... 1 box of nails.... 1 hatchet.. 1 splitting axe.. 0 Handsaws....please tell me how you can compete with that?  

Believe me i dont want the game to be easy.. i like the PvsE part of the game and the fun of surviving and building... but how can you even attempt to build this way

5 hours ago, Bossshawk said:

im on Official Servers... i dont mind trying to work hard for gaining what i need in the game... but when you go through 5 towns/cities.. every garage every shed every building... and find 1 box of nails....  how are you supposed to build a base.. never mind one that can at least slow someone down for a bit when dupers are just duping whatever they need to build theirs?  

no possible way to compete that way

and my opinion a contest like this should be separated from Official to Community as stated above... Community can have and usually does have boosted loot anyways... so they can just pump up the loot and have no lack of building supplies and tools lying around... where on Official if you arent already established or been hoarding for ages... you have to scrounge hard even for building supplies...

i went through 5 towns last night like stated above... 1 box of nails.... 1 hatchet.. 1 splitting axe.. 0 Handsaws....please tell me how you can compete with that?  

Believe me i dont want the game to be easy.. i like the PvsE part of the game and the fun of surviving and building... but how can you even attempt to build this way

i totally feel where your comin from bro i can not belive how crappy the loot is now hence why i only play on my own server there pulling off competitions for best bases and not involving community severs that give you the chance to actually find more than 1 box of nails this game isnt getting better its getting worse

20 hours ago, lJamesHalel1 said:

I'm on official/public servers, 1957 to be precise.

On 9/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, lJamesHalel1 said:

Not personally for me but nice to see you lot bringing the community in, progress is progress so you’ve earned my beans.

Should have more ideas like this, I feel it can only be a good thing.

(OldSchool Runescape and their polls does something similar , like 3 items that may not be in the next update of your lots choice and then whatever wins comes into the game, could be anything but it brings people together and the consoles need this as it’s pretty toxic)

If you have some cool ideas of your own, feel free to let us know. Great stuff can come up even from small tips. 🙂

I will note this one! 

• Beans 1

On 9/23/2020 at 4:11 PM, Blades56 said:

How about the winner gets to choose a bug fix of his/ her choice. 😂 🤣 

Like mine would be car glitch or frame rate.  

Or how about invincible cars. That would be a very nice gesture by the devs. 

Haha nice one. 😁 I know it might not always look like it but our guys are working on those on regular basis. If you want to help us, please, keep reporting those things, they are not being overlooked. 

On 9/23/2020 at 5:06 PM, Xenophon- said:

Hey guys, does this mean we can only have up to 5 members building this base? Or can we exceed this and fight to the death for the Livonia Keys (If we won).

Hi, its up to 5 members. I mean - you can have more people to participate but the "up to 5 keys" is set so you would have to decide among each other who will get them. Good luck! 

On 9/23/2020 at 7:18 PM, Bossshawk said:

HI, we didnt change anything so you might be just unlucky - it might be the case that due to the contest, more people are searching for those...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TanTan1776 said:

What are Livonia keys?

Livonia is a DLC map that you have to pay for.  If you win the contest, you get a serial key for free so you don't have to pay for it.

@Kyiara I’d just say before an update starts being worked on, give a list of 10 or so items/features that’s possible to have in for that update on top of what’s already intended.(if possible of course, could be instead of a few things)

Then have the community decide either 1/2 or 3 of those choices out of a poll and implement them, should give the people a voice and then they know there will be something they’re wanting/looking forward for being put in.

Probably better ways of doing it etc but I think the general idea would help with the community as a whole.

Edited by lJamesHalel1
Forgot to tag.
  • Like 1

Rewards for the winners

Up to 5 Livonia keys for any platform, one for each of your team members

Ey.... you should make a gesture of goodwill for console players and give them livonia, we paid full price to play a game that shouldn't exist on console given the way it works

On 9/23/2020 at 1:18 PM, Bossshawk said:

---------------------------------

Kyiara said:

HI, we didnt change anything so you might be just unlucky - it might be the case that due to the contest, more people are searching for those...

-------------------------------

@Kyiara

im curious and im 1000% not being toxic or slamming or rude... but have you guys played your official servers since the patch?  if your saying you changed nothing do with the loot other then the spawn and respawn times.... its absolutely insane how the game has reacted.....  

loot goes in cycles... for a couple days you find something like crazy...then for days and days you will never see one ever..... like the other day i had 5 out of 7 sheds had head torches and another the same was flashlights or pistol flashlights....

you say helicopter crashes should have good loot on them again?  im not a heli hunter but ive been lucky enough to find 4 since the patch... NOT ONE SINGLE GUN.... last night... combat helmet.. ballistic helmet... sweater...a ghillie shroud was the only thing worth taking from it...  rvn sights and a lowerlevel backpack...     you know how depressing it is when you get so excited you actually find a heli crash and then not one single gun... or a field backpack.. maybe a tent if your lucky....

the other thing thats changed is that you used to find certain types of loot in certain areas... ie tools in sheds or garages... food/clothes/low level shotguns or pistols ect or ammo in houses... i havent found a hatchet on the ground anywhere in any building or shed..... ive found them but only in zombies ive killed  

what im saying is pre-patch there was some logic according to how and where the loot spawned... right now it seems anyway anyhow....    run all the way to one of the better airfields/bases and you find capri pants and hoodies hard hats.....  if you risk and run through the elements to get to a spot that should have at least military clothing.... and all your finding is hunting boots (which are decent... but i expect them more at hunting camps and blinds) and civilian clothing....

and since im getting it in the open... how about the 9v battery issue when you hop servers?  you can lose anywhere from 25%to 75% of your battery if its in your NVG when you hop....  is this planned?  or a glitch... hard enough to find batterys some days but when you forget to take it out and then get there and have no nvg capability cause you ran out of batteries its really frustrating haha

anyways i hope i didnt get too many directions here... but since you replied i thought maybe u could at least point these things out if they arent aware of whats going on out there....

also i had directed on a diff thread regarding the patch asking about a persistant table being posted so we know what items will last what length of time at this point (not counting the flags of course)... would be very helpful

1 hour ago, henri daniel said:

Rewards for the winners

Up to 5 Livonia keys for any platform, one for each of your team members

Ey.... you should make a gesture of goodwill for console players and give them livonia, we paid full price to play a game that shouldn't exist on console given the way it works

You’re right, shouldn’t exist. So feel lucky we even have it, if it shouldn’t exist then how do you expect it to run better etc?

I bought Livonia and the overall game runs better, maybe the same would apply for you as Chernarus is a lot bigger of a map.

4 more heli crashes on 3 diff servers in the last 2 days and not one single gun lol

but hey i got a sweater and a a pair of work boots and ghillie shrug and a bayonet so loot must be great!

On 10/1/2020 at 6:58 PM, Bossshawk said:

4 more heli crashes on 3 diff servers in the last 2 days and not one single gun lol

but hey i got a sweater and a a pair of work boots and ghillie shrug and a bayonet so loot must be great!

with the release of 1.09 in the files it stated that heli loot including guns would be ramped up and would ignore the fact that players who already had vsds and lars buried would affect the spawning of such weapons at heli crashes. im not seeing this personally because every heli crash ive found has 0 weapons on it and its not because people have already found them because yesterday the server reset and I was near gieraltow which I know is good for at least 2 heli spawns and when I logged in there was a fresh heli crash about 10 meters from me, naturally I thought yesssss this is my time to get a vsd or something but nope nothing there at all other than boots and 2 mags. bit disappointing really but oh well ill keep trying I suppose. I will add that on server 1882 and server 1957 eu livonia there is 2 exact same bases at the big industrial area between sitnik and gieraltow, these bases must surely be hoarding all the high end weapons, its the only explanation I have for there being no weapons at heli crashes even though in the 1.09 update files it said players storage of these high end weapons wouldn't affect the spawning of such weapons at heli crashes. so I'm confused as to why I can't find a single AR or vsd there.

• Like 2