Sign in to follow this  
Futurist

New loot respawn timers are next level stupid

I'm speechless.  48 hours?  48 freakin hours for a pair of badly damaged denim shorts in a military building to despawn?  That's two god damn days that a gun cannot spawn there unless someone grabs those shorts and chunks them 100 meters away somewhere.  This is also a death sentence to fresh spawns on the coast.  A knife is now as rare as an LAR. I'm convinced the devs either don't play this game or they want to shut down their official servers to cut costs.  You've driven everyone to community servers to the point that there is an hour queue on every single one of them because they reverted loot spawn timers to the old values.  Grats.   

• Haha 2

There’s an hour queue on every community server?

Knives as rare as LARs?

You're speechless?

I don't know about the hour queue, but I agree that the 48 hours is pretty dumb.  I've changed my habits in terms of dropping loot I don't want anymore.  I now drop it into the inventory of one of the dead infected -- it vanishes real quick that way.

The community servers that matter and have any kind of activity are now packed with long queues.  Because of the loot stagnation on officials its too difficult to get off the coast for all but the seasoned vets and the occasional lottery winner.  I will say the hackers have stopped.  But its probably because there is no loot to take from anyone they kill.  

I love this new loot economy and the timers. At least til now i didnt have many spawns where I can't get off the coast. I might have gotten lucky. I love to see stuff on the ground left over from battles and things i have dropped the previous day i played. I prefer loot in general to be pretty rare.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Futurist said:

I'm speechless.  48 hours?  48 freakin hours for a pair of badly damaged denim shorts in a military building to despawn?  That's two god damn days that a gun cannot spawn there unless someone grabs those shorts and chunks them 100 meters away somewhere.  This is also a death sentence to fresh spawns on the coast.  A knife is now as rare as an LAR. I'm convinced the devs either don't play this game or they want to shut down their official servers to cut costs.  You've driven everyone to community servers to the point that there is an hour queue on every single one of them because they reverted loot spawn timers to the old values.  Grats.   

Disagree... while I do feel there needs to be some more balancing, such as less cans and more stones to find on coast instead of dirt paths (Which will fix lack of knife issue completely). I love that it's harder to survive and i love finding random loot out and about that players have dropped. They seriously need to increase the number of small stone spawns considerably by the ocean and train tracks. That alone will make the game that much more balanced and immersive. Having to survive off zombie loot is pretty ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, Homeschooliazon said:

I love this new loot economy and the timers. At least til now i didnt have many spawns where I can't get off the coast. I might have gotten lucky. I love to see stuff on the ground left over from battles and things i have dropped the previous day i played. I prefer loot in general to be pretty rare.

I completely agree with you, and like I said above there needs to be some balancing tweaks. But with this I'm also loving there just last night I ran into 2 brand new players for their very first time playing and I was able to show them how to find food and fish early on. It's a zombie survival game, not a PVP lets go loot real quick and shoot some people game. If you want to do that play warzone. P2P interactions are key to the quality of this game but making to harder to survive has created some wonderful interactions that I've had just since 1.09 dropped. A LOT MORE cooperation, but then I've had groups of people heavily considering cannibalism, which before wasn't really anyone consider because it wasn't necessary. Unless someone has a sway toward the macabre, no one went cannibal. This is going to add a GREAT new aspect to the new meta.

The SKS still kills people just fine.  Surviving still isn't that hard.  Your loot just isn't as shiny as it once was.  Can we dial back the 'next level stupid' amount of hyperbole, please??

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

The SKS still kills people just fine.  Surviving still isn't that hard.  Your loot just isn't as shiny as it once was.  Can we dial back the 'next level stupid' amount of hyperbole, please??

I agree, I don't see the problem of finding loot on any server I've played since 1.09. I love the new timers to be honest, im still able to find food, weapons etc. the new base flag feature is great too, i swear it made it harder for me to blow up a base wall i was raiding. can anyone confirm thst the flag kit helps base longevity?