Sign in to follow this  
DenverDeCoY1

Will cars and lag ever be fixed?

Me and my friends have always been very proficient at getting cars in DayZ. We quit over a year ago because we found we would die in random car/lag related glitches more than anything else in game.
Came back yesterday and got all the parts for our ride tonight, on a full server. As soon as I started driving, the car began glitching and lagging all over the place and we both died within seconds, and the car burned.

It's AMAZING to me that this behavior still has not been addressed, and also very disappointing.

Ok I guess I'm done ranting now, maybe we will try again in another year or so 🤷‍♀️

Edited by DenverDeCoY1

11 hours ago, DenverDeCoY1 said:

Me and my friends have always been very proficient at getting cars in DayZ. We quit over a year ago because we found we would die in random car/lag related glitches more than anything else in game.
Came back yesterday and got all the parts for our ride tonight, on a full server. As soon as I started driving, the car began glitching and lagging all over the place and we both died within seconds, and the car burned.

It's AMAZING to me that this behavior still has not been addressed, and also very disappointing.

Ok I guess I'm done ranting now, maybe we will try again in another year or so 🤷‍♀️

the devs said that earlier this year they would be releasing 5 updates over the course of the year but seeing as though the coronavirus popped up it has been a bit difficult for the day z devs to stick to the 5 update plan. that being said I have just read that they are focusing all of the attention now on a major 1.10 update scheduled for November this year. I have never seen them refer to any update as major so this 1.10 update in November could certainly contain some car stability improvements if not fully fixed. hope this news keeps you playing and not giving up on the game. 

I appreciate the optimism, guess I'll just have to wait and see. With the difficulty of getting a car up and running, it sure is frustrating to die instantly once you finally get it going. I suppose I'll check the 1.10 patch notes and hope there is something about car stability, but the fact it's been this way for SOOO long, doesn't have me very hopeful.

2 hours ago, DenverDeCoY1 said:

I appreciate the optimism, guess I'll just have to wait and see. With the difficulty of getting a car up and running, it sure is frustrating to die instantly once you finally get it going. I suppose I'll check the 1.10 patch notes and hope there is something about car stability, but the fact it's been this way for SOOO long, doesn't have me very hopeful.

early November the 1.10 notes should be released i think and then you should be able to view them on the pc experimental branch forum. hopefully it contains something about car stability.

I doubt this will be fixed. The main problem here is the decision to use server-side car physics, vs the client-side physics we have in ARMA. A very strange choice IMO.

ARMA cars have issues with desync, a typical example would be travelling in a convoy, and if there's some desync between players, the car in front or behind you teleports backwards or forwards and causes a crash, but driving your own car around? There's almost never any problems because it's all handled on your computer.

It seems like a difficult problem to fix, and DayZ has already reached "1.0", and the development has been very much scaled back. They have been trying to improve this for ages and it still happens. So don't wait on an absolute "fix."

9 hours ago, -Gews- said:

I doubt this will be fixed. The main problem here is the decision to use server-side car physics, vs the client-side physics we have in ARMA. A very strange choice IMO.

ARMA cars have issues with desync, a typical example would be travelling in a convoy, and if there's some desync between players, the car in front or behind you teleports backwards or forwards and causes a crash, but driving your own car around? There's almost never any problems because it's all handled on your computer.

It seems like a difficult problem to fix, and DayZ has already reached "1.0", and the development has been very much scaled back. They have been trying to improve this for ages and it still happens. So don't wait on an absolute "fix."

You are totally right. I remember problems in DayZ-mod where we would be driving with more than one vehicle and lag caused collisions that never actually happened, but driving one car alone was never a problem. It's a shame because vehicles are the most exciting part of DayZ for me and the crew I play with. Not only is walking everywhere super boring, but driving in a car automatically puts a giant bullseye on your back and makes the game even more intense and nerve wracking. It's such a bummer to me that they still haven't figured out how to make this work. Other games have perfectly functioning vehicles, why is it so hard for DayZ?!

Car issues with me tend to be completely server side and if my latency is good then usually the server is good to me. With that said i have Aussie players on my server who catch absolute hell due to 250+ ping to a stateside server. The issues can be anything from bouncing cars to cars warping and then teleporting under the ground for a brief moment. Best thing I can tell you is find a server that gives you under 100 ping and roll with it because 100 ping seems to be the break point for car fuckery.

Edited by tandwan