MrKillswitch20

VOIP not working in any server

Question

So I've been in multiple servers recently (on Xbox) and my VoIP never seems to be working, been on both community and official servers and none of them work.....

Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my Xbox? My mic works perfectly in party chats and other games and it's practically brand new

Any help would be amazing 

Thanks 

3 answers to this question

On 8/17/2020 at 12:12 PM, MrKillswitch20 said:

So I've been in multiple servers recently (on Xbox) and my VoIP never seems to be working, been on both community and official servers and none of them work.....

Is this a bug or is there something wrong with my Xbox? My mic works perfectly in party chats and other games and it's practically brand new

Any help would be amazing 

Thanks 

^sorry that I can't answer just trying to populate thread to get more views and maybe answers^

I'm having the same issue on my xbox for a while.  When I check online my name doesn't have a mic in any server..(mic works in all of my other games and in party chat).. downloaded from game pass bought full version of game uninstalled reinstalled. Doesn't matter in a party (switched to game chat) or not in a party at all nothing seems to fix the issue.  Googled a bunch of "fixes" that didn't work and went through all my settings.....back to uninstalling and reinstalling and still nothing seems to get me out of this bug...... at my wits end here lol

If anyone knows something it would be amazing for a work around or some info about the issue. 

Thanks in advance 

Zurgthe4th 

Bohemia posted a fix to this on their twitter-feed a while ago.

Apparently it has something to do with the MAC-adress, and you need to go to settings - general - network settings - advanced settings and then reset the MAC-adress in there.

It worked for me anyway, good luck with it!

I've had nothing but grief with NO VOIP as well. My headset /mike works in party chat but not game chat. I've tried all the "fixes" as well as the MAC reset. Internet provider has checked thier side too. Very frustrating.