Riesenbar

Animals Weak Point

Hey everyone,

I wanna know how works the animals mechanich in Dayz? When i hunt it in the game sometimes i shoot and they fall instantanealy, anothertimes, it doesnt fall and run away. In other situations (i saw in some youtube videos) when we hit it, the animal run a little more and fall a few meters after... How this mechanics works?

Sample video:
https://youtu.be/abg2IxuSiak?t=243

Tks

It depends on where you shoot them and what you shoot them with, similar to a human.  If you have a powerful gun and headshot them, they should drop on the spot (well, except for bears).  If you hit them in the rear end on the other hand, you may only damage them, but they start to bleed and since they can't bandage, they run away but eventually bleed out and die.

I shot a cow in the head from point blank range about four times with a pump action loaded with buckshot before it fell over a few days ago. I had to shoot a stag twice in the head with a Winchester (.308) before it fell. I took out a roebuck with a single shot to the body from my Mosin another time.

I think there's definitely something weird going on with some animal's resilience to some guns/ammo.

But any animal headshot should be falling over immediately. There should be no running away happening.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 11:22 PM, -Gews- said:

If you shoot a stag in these specific spots with a .308 or 7.62x54R, it will go down in one hit. Front leg is easier. If you miss by a couple inches it will run away.

H9iFFsd.png

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

So. you have to shoot it in the arse.

Got it.

LOL...DayZ.

Wolves from what I can gather do not have any head hitboxes.