Veo

How popular is this game?

:D Hey guys, thinking about joining the survivors here. I'm very specific when I choose games though. I like games with a mass player base, unrestricted pvp and all that.

So let me know if this game has been a good investment for you :)

Wasn't a investment for me.

Already had CO before this got released but I think this mod is insanely awesome.

It is survival so there is unrestricted PVP.

If you go to the server list, it's almost all DayZ so it is also popular.

I liked it for 5-10 hours. But i realised its pretty empty, and nobody wants to teamplay. I dont play it anymore.

its popular its a zombie sandbox game with pvp i have fun all the time but it requires patience and stealthiness so if its ur type of game give it a shot

I liked it for 5-10 hours. But i realised its pretty empty' date=' and nobody wants to teamplay. I dont play it anymore.

[/quote']

Sucks you don't meet the right people. I have people i play with which i met through DayZ. Not just IRL friends. I only have one friend that plays this and yet i don't play with them.

Try to play with other people after you have learned the ropes.

The map is very,very big but pretty safe unless you go to hot spots.

This mod is in alpha, give it time and they will up the zombie count and no doubt add new features, this is not the full experience yet. If you join now you can help shape it.

It's becoming extremely popular especially from word of mouth. A friend told me about it and I've told 3 or 4 more... the Arma2 people said sales have gone up 5x.

If you're looking for teamplay, post a thread looking for mates.

-robo

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try when Ghost Recon Online goes offline in preparation for Open Beta. See you guys ingame ~Sunday :)

Well, 100,000 players pretty much log on at least once every 24 hours. Figure it out. :)

DayZ is not an investment, it's an adventure.

Be prepared to gain all and lose all, to meet new friends and to get murdered by them for your beans...

Be ready to navigate a hostile world without a map or a compass. Expect to get so afraid of losing your life and your loot that you don't want to log on anymore...but still you do because you get hungry for more...

Don't come back here complaining when you suddenly find that you are sneaking through your own house because you "don't want to aggro the infected..."

Can't say I didn't warn you ;-)

I purchased Combined Operations as well as BAF and PMC after seeing this mod, I hadn't purchased it before because of my old video card not handling the game too well, got a new one and then the game.

Honestly a great investment time spent/price as well as being fun. The base game is great and as for zombie games, nothing else compares.

As for pvp, this mod has it, more so than team play.. unless you have friends. There are nice players out there that don't only hunt for other players however. I've ran across a few people that either grouped up with me for a bit or just hung around for no reason, rare though in my case.

So all in all, worth the purchase and I would recommend it to anyone.

"I liked it for 5-10 hours. But i realised its pretty empty, and nobody wants to teamplay. I dont play it anymore."

But I still spend time loitering the forums to say negative things.

lol