beavis_5000

Servers with more Zombies?

I am in search of a server that has more Zombies and I have a couple of questions.

First, I've read that even in the official servers the experience can vary quite a bit. Are there any good running official servers that have more Zombies?

Second, will extra zombies mean bad frame rates?

Third, does any one know any servers that have more zombies?

Public servers are all the same. And zombies do cause lag in my experience 

On console the modding is quite limited, server admin can increase zombies quantity but don't expect big hordes or something like that.
You should look at the servers title to see if zombie count have been increase (but some server have just a clickbait title with no real differences ingame).
Official servers all have the same parameters.

For the fps, it depends on the machine on which run the server. On PC some server can easily load a lot of zombies but I don't know what providers run dayz servers on PS4.

2 hours ago, Liven_28 said:

On console the modding is quite limited, server admin can increase zombies quantity but don't expect big hordes or something like that.
You should look at the servers title to see if zombie count have been increase (but some server have just a clickbait title with no real differences ingame).
Official servers all have the same parameters.

For the fps, it depends on the machine on which run the server. On PC some server can easily load a lot of zombies but I don't know what providers run dayz servers on PS4.

Thank you

3 hours ago, Liven_28 said:

Nitrado run all the servers for PS4, I have no idea what spec the servers are but basically you don't have a choice so it doesn't really matter.

I've been playing about on my server with loot spawns and animal spawns, I think upping Zombies wouldn't be too much of a problem, I'll be trying that next, I also noticed there is a section in one of the XMLs for setting up animal spawns that has been commented out (so its not implemented) that seems to be for randomly spawning in "herds" of zombies the same way wolves, bears and other animals are spawned in, I'm going to try playing with that later and see if I can get anything to work, if it does I'll come back and let you know.

3 hours ago, daringd said:

Nitrado run all the servers for PS4, I have no idea what spec the servers are but basically you don't have a choice so it doesn't really matter.

I've been playing about on my server with loot spawns and animal spawns, I think upping Zombies wouldn't be too much of a problem, I'll be trying that next, I also noticed there is a section in one of the XMLs for setting up animal spawns that has been commented out (so its not implemented) that seems to be for randomly spawning in "herds" of zombies the same way wolves, bears and other animals are spawned in, I'm going to try playing with that later and see if I can get anything to work, if it does I'll come back and let you know.

Nitrado, bad news.
90% time I meet admins that have low server performance (on PC) he was on Nitrano. Low price have a price.
Don't expect to run smothly the game with a lot of players and a lot of zombies with this provider (unless if you like flying cars)

But maybe I'm wrong, the PS4 servers specs are maybe different from PC ones.

Note that the number of players impact much more the performances than the number of zombies.

If you succeed to do something interesting with xmls, let me know, I very curious, I made my own system (PvZmoD Dark Horde) but it is far from perfection.

8 hours ago, Liven_28 said:

Nitrado, bad news.

Unfortunately this is the only provider, I guess Sony have a service agreement with them or something, so all community servers are the same.