Sign in to follow this  
RagingGinger

Settings changed and won't change back?

So I just logged on for the first time to and noticed right away that my frames are horrible all of a sudden. So I went into setting and noticed that my V-SYNC was on and I didn't turn it on and my quality was lowered and I'm not sure how this happened. Anyways I wen't into my setting and changed them and clocked apply but when I click continue and then go back into settings they go back to what they were before I changed them. I can't play with the horrible frames I'm getting right now and I have 2560 X 1440 at 165Hz monitor and a tower that is more than capital to run it and there is nothing I can do since my settings won't allow me to change them. I have even tried to save them and then restart the game and my computer and nothing is fixing this. Does anyone know what I can do? Thank you.

Delete your /My Documents/DayZ folder with the game and Steam turned off then restart your PC and try again.  It sounds like something is corrupted in one or more of the config files stored in that folder.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, drgullen said:

Delete your /My Documents/DayZ folder with the game and Steam turned off then restart your PC and try again.  It sounds like something is corrupted in one or more of the config files stored in that folder.  Hope this helps.

So I I found out that my refresh rate went down to 60hz for some reason not sure why. So I set it back up to 144hz. That seemed to of fixed the frame rate but I'm still having issues with the picture. I took your advice and tried to delete my folder and I get the message AN unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Good times. Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to respond to my post. Thank you.

After some research I found out I needed to update windows so I did. When I restarted the sync symbol was gone but soon came back. So I can't even delete the file. Not sure where to go from here but I'm still researching what I can. Thanks again.

Edited by RagingGinger

7 hours ago, RagingGinger said:

So I I found out that my refresh rate went down to 60hz for some reason not sure why. So I set it back up to 144hz. That seemed to of fixed the frame rate but I'm still having issues with the picture. I took your advice and tried to delete my folder and I get the message AN unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Good times. Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to respond to my post. Thank you.

After some research I found out I needed to update windows so I did. When I restarted the sync symbol was gone but soon came back. So I can't even delete the file. Not sure where to go from here but I'm still researching what I can. Thanks again.

It sounds like you have some Windows issues outside of the scope of DayZ.  You might try creating a new user on your computer and make sure that user has Administrative Privileges and then login with that user and run DayZ.  You might have to uninstall and reinstall Steam as well.

As it will be a new user, that DayZ folder won't exist under that user, so maybe that will help.  Good luck.

On 5/19/2020 at 10:42 PM, drgullen said:

It sounds like you have some Windows issues outside of the scope of DayZ.  You might try creating a new user on your computer and make sure that user has Administrative Privileges and then login with that user and run DayZ.  You might have to uninstall and reinstall Steam as well.

As it will be a new user, that DayZ folder won't exist under that user, so maybe that will help.  Good luck.

Iv'e been doing a lot since that last message. I did find out that the tower I purchased only has a 465GB SSD. That's what happens when you rely on a friend of a friend to help you out. So I just purchase the Samsung 860 pro 2tb. Now I just have to figure out how to make it my main boot drive. Thank you for your help again. I will see what happens. I'm hoping the lack of space in my ssd is what was causing my issues. Thank you.