Sign in to follow this  
Billy Kruger

BLACK SCREEN

Hello

My DayZ won't launch and all I get is a black screen and PC does not respond.

I have uninstalled all Day related files, mods and verified files. As soon as I try and launch it crashes with a black screen.

Help needed!

Thanks

I have tried everything now!

Crash reports said something like missing scripts..?

Deleted every aspect of Day now. Before I do a 3rd install any feedback would be great.

Thanks

Have you been able to launch this version (1.07) before?

This is probably an issue with DayZ itself.  I've seen this before with my machine.  I've seen this before with friends' PC.   It wont launch at all.  Just goes black.  Many re-installs.  DayZ doesn't even get to the main screen.  Experimental version (a different build) works just fine.

If your computer isn't an old toaster and hasn't had any issues before, and now you suddenly have problems with a current version, and you've done multiple re-installs, then it's probably DayZ, and not your PC.  So, it's probably a really simple fix that you've probably already tried, or you might have to wait until a new version comes out.  

Edited by Parazight

Hello. i have same problem... after new updates my dayz game freezes and wont start. experimental dayz works fine. i just got new PC intel i7 with gforce2080 vid . the game it self not working. i tied everything. nothing helps.

12 hours ago, Parazight said:

Have you been able to launch this version (1.07) before?

This is probably an issue with DayZ itself.  I've seen this before with my machine.  I've seen this before with friends' PC.   It wont launch at all.  Just goes black.  Many re-installs.  DayZ doesn't even get to the main screen.  Experimental version (a different build) works just fine.

If your computer isn't an old toaster and hasn't had any issues before, and now you suddenly have problems with a current version, and you've done multiple re-installs, then it's probably DayZ, and not your PC.  So, it's probably a really simple fix that you've probably already tried, or you might have to wait until a new version comes out.  

Hey man, thanks. Exp works and I've tried everything under the sun. Suppose I'll wait for a new version, the weird thing is I've been playing on the current version with no issues. Drives me crazy though, thank you for the response.

I ran out of fingers counting how many times I've seen friends say "My computer wont run this version, guess I have to wait for experimental, maybe I should find a different game."   This is from people with beast machines.

@Vitaliy Prulis/ @Billy Kruger could you give us some basic information on the hardware you are using?

If you've already tried to:

• Verify your game files via Steam
  • Re-install the game

You can also try to

• delete the DayZ folder in your documents manually
  • go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps and delete appmanifest_221100.acf - afterwards verify your game files
  • more advanced: go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata and make a backup of that folder (in case something goes wrong, you never know). Afterwards, you can dive in and delete data with the number 221100 in the name. Afterwards verify your game files and try again

If this still does not work, we recommend you to contact our feedback tracker at feedback.dayz.com with a private ticket. Please include your crash report and your DxDiag report.