wazard87

DAYZ WON'T LAUNCH

Hello!

So, I'm new on DayZ, about 50h, and when I finally figured how to play, the game stop working.

My PC specs are:

Intel i7 9700k

Rog Strix Z390-F Gaming

16GB RAM

GTX 1070

The issue: On the Launcher when I press play I only see a black screen with a blue round pointer (loading) and after some time (less then a minute) the game either crash and close steam, or my pc crash with blue screen 😲

Already try a clean install, update drivers, dx, Disable Steam cloud synchronization...

Also, I would like for you all to look into this video, only have 30 seconds and it's related with my issue, you will see a consume of RAM that I don't think it's normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfvImXnld0U

Thank you!

Hi, lets try to cover the basics first.

Already try a clean install, update drivers, dx, Disable Steam cloud synchronization...

• Did you already verify your game files via Steam?
  • Do you have any launch parameters active in the launcher? If yes, try to remove them first, and try again.
  • Did you play on any modded servers before?

---

If this does not help you can try to:

• Navigate in to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\*SteamID*\
    • Then there should be multiple folders, the ones relevant to DayZ are
      • 221100 for stable
      • 1024020 for experimental
    • delete both of them

Let me know how it goes 🙂

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Hi, lets try to cover the basics first.

• Did you already verify your game files via Steam? Yes, no problems found
  • Do you have any launch parameters active in the launcher? If yes, try to remove them first, and try again. I'm not sure, I only choose server and play.
  • Did you play on any modded servers before? Yes, but now I can't either play official or modded.

---

If this does not help you can try to:

• Navigate in to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\*SteamID*\
    • Then there should be multiple folders, the ones relevant to DayZ are
      • 221100 for stable Ok
      • 1024020 for experimental I don't have that folder, maybe because I never played Dayz Experimental
    • delete both of them

Let me know how it goes 🙂

After all that the issue continues...

About that RAM consume is that normal? Because the game on launch is using all my RAM

7 minutes ago, wazard87 said:

That is the launcher that I use 

Try the official launcher and see if you can play.

17 hours ago, Uncle Zed said:

Try the official launcher and see if you can play.

I try everything, not even the game support could help me...I think the only solution left is re-install win10 😔

I had yesterday the same problem like you 

try this its worked for me - install dayz exp and lunch. after this copy all files from dayz exp documents dayz config etc all staff to folder to dayz. this is problem with config dayz. u need duplicate from dayz exp to normal dayz.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kqubekq said:

I had yesterday the same problem like you 

try this its worked for me - install dayz exp and lunch. after this copy all files from dayz exp documents dayz config etc all staff to folder to dayz. this is problem with config dayz. u need duplicate from dayz exp to normal dayz.

OMG that work!!!! thank you friend!!! 2 weeks trying everything and zero results...

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 10:03 AM, wazard87 said:

I try everything, not even the game support could help me...I think the only solution left is re-install win10 😔

This game isn't worth reinstalling Windows 10.

I tried out what you said and I got the game to finally load, only problem is that I got an error saying that the game wasn't the correct version. which files specifically did you transfer from dayz exp to dayz sa.