Doug Thomas

Help with maps

Very new player here...in fact just recently got the game a few days and have been playing (or trying to) for a bit.  I've been checking out the DayZ Wiki, getting familiar with the game despite how outdated some of the info seems, and I noticed info about maps in the game.  Now, I've ran into a couple of static maps...you know….the "You Are Here" big red dot type, but I'm wondering if there are actually any to be found for the player in-game.  And if so, where might one be found?  Or am I just spoiled from all the other games that use maps? 😂   I'm familiar with the dayz.xam.nu site, and actually used that to find my position during one game.

Thanks in advance....

Yes, there are in-game maps. I've found them in places such as hunting stands, cars, shops and camp sites. They're a little awkward to use but you can zoom and scroll around them. I used to use izurvive but now I don't bother. I like to use the maps in game. I know chernarus pretty well but when I started playing livonia I decided to only use the in game maps for the immersion. I quite like not knowing where I am and then suddenly coming across a landmark or road sign and figuring out my location.