soapmak3r

Alternative Creepy Music for DayZ

The first one gets a little annoying after a while, but the second one is awesome!

If they were used in game, they wouldn't be played one after the other in such short succession, it's just a rough demonstration.

Cheers!

Edited by soapmak3r

Sorry, I might missed it but..

Did you compose the music or is it someone else?

In my opinion, some tracks fits quite nice. Others tend to be more movie-like tunes that do not fit in a game.

Edited by Baltsar

Well as I made a post in the other thread that links to this one, I'll just say "Awesome and I hope it happens exactly as you want it"

• Like 1

Cheers guys! I'm gonna work on some more today and hopefully upload them a bit later this evening or tomorrow. :)

i made a song for when the zombies start chasing you...

Haha :P Laughed pretty hard .. First that creepy ambient music, and now this :D You have my beans! >:D

Sorry, I might missed it but..

Did you compose the music or is it someone else?

In my opinion, some tracks fits quite nice. Others tend to be more movie-like tunes that do not fit in a game.

Yes, I composed the music myself. :)

Some people like me don't have music on. I don't walk on the streets, hike or ride the bus with it on. I certainly wouldn't while trying to survive. I'd rather see contributions to skins/models/buildings/zombies/weapons.

Some people like me don't have music on. I don't walk on the streets, hike or ride the bus with it on. I certainly wouldn't while trying to survive. I'd rather see contributions to skins/models/buildings/zombies/weapons.

What if music signalled when bandits/murderers were near by, or was triggered by other things, like the sound of gunshots within earshot, or near by military loot, chopper crash sites, industrial areas etc?

At the end of the day, you can set the music lower than the sound effects, or as you say, just turn it off. It isn't hard to do. The main thing is that the music is subtle enough that it adds to the experience without obscuring the sound effects.

I am trying to make music that adds to the experience, while also making suggestions that make it relevant within the game. At the moment it isn't really relevant, or varied, which is why people turn it off.

• Like 1

1 was just some cello/violin fx for like 15 minutes... 2 sounded more dramatic than creepy. Like the ending of a movie as the hero dies valiantly. :P I liked it though, but dont really think either fits the game.

1 was just some cello/violin fx for like 15 minutes... 2 sounded more dramatic than creepy. Like the ending of a movie as the hero dies valiantly. :P I liked it though, but dont really think either fits the game.

They are just rough ideas at the moment. They aren't supposed to play in such close succession either, that was just to demonstrate them.

Also..Dramatic shit happens all the time in this game, from murder, to betrayal, to stand offs, to all out massacres...

Hey, these would be really great! They add so much more to the atmosphere. If these would get added to the mod alongside with the original tracks, this could be really nice addition.

Hey, these would be really great! They add so much more to the atmosphere. If these would get added to the mod alongside with the original tracks, this could be really nice addition.

That would be great, but I have no idea how to get Rocket's attention to see if he would want that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Great idea! now i'm going to play dayz with the lights on in my room xD scary as hell.. xD i hope Rocket see this : )

Edited by zBuzTeRz

...these are really great man!

I hope Rocket or someone in his inner circle at least shows him these, as you deserve the exposure.

Great stuff to add to the atmos.

...these are really great man!

I hope Rocket or someone in his inner circle at least shows him these, as you deserve the exposure.

Great stuff to add to the atmos.

Cheers! :)

I sent them to the job section of this site, but never heard anything back from anyone. I guess they weren't interested. To be fair, they are pretty rough mock-ups. It'd be a cool job to have. Beats being unemployed anyway...haha

I am still composing away. I'm hoping to get involved with some indie projects if I can figure out where to start promoting myself a bit.

Edited by soapmak3r

I was thinking that when a bandit is nearby you these creepy songs should start playing.Will give an ominous feeling and give a bit of warning.

When a HERO walks by though different types of song altogether should play....scarves blowing in the wind.....

Edited by wolfstriked

If anyone wants to use these pieces on their custom DayZ maps, servers, or even if it might be considered as part of a community update for the mod, just let me know. I'd be happy to contribute. :)

These sound really good. Much better than the normal ambient sounds (2 kilometers in the woods; hear a fence).

I'm actually thinking about listening to this while playing today.

I think the music is a bit to distracting, people will turn it down just to make sure they hear someone walk or fire a rifle. I really do like the idea of more ambient music but it needs to more of a background thing if you ask me.

If anyone wants to use these pieces on their custom DayZ maps, servers, or even if it might be considered as part of a community update for the mod, just let me know. I'd be happy to contribute. :)

Have you tried PMing R4Z0R? or if we keep this topic bumped people might see it, this shit is crazy.