vfxtodd

Does player stockpiling weapons affect server loot?

I see these YouTube videos of PC players building bases and stockpiling 20-30 guns and rifles and hundreds of rounds of ammo. Does this affect the loot for the rest of the server? I would think there's a limit of loot on each server.

Are there areas on the Chanaurus and Lovonia that players should hang around to get weapons and ammo? Because I find myself running around for hours hardly finding anything. Even at military locations. It makes me wonder if the hoarding of weapons and ammo affects the rest of the server.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Stockpiling guns affects that the server will spawn less of those guns on map. People who do that are even worse than those who stockpile toilet paper.

• Like 1

I bury guns. They are literal DayZ currency. Just like batteries and NVG, to some extent. Every now and then, you might run into a situation when you can trade with another survivor. Sometimes shit gets found by the lucky few, and sometimes by treasure hunters! I've had two LARs dug up and stolen since last June. If I have two of something, I use it.

Buried caches of food let me live out in the woods without going into cities when I don't want to. It's a very cool mechanic, but of course, some players will go overboard with the looting and the hoarding. In my opinion, having a stash doesn't make you a hoarder if the items have a purpose and are commonly used. It also allows your survival strategy to be fluid if you have more than one location.

Having a weapon cap makes the game more realistic. It opens up the door for the survivors to dictate what the value of items will be and how to better leverage your trading. Barter cars for guns! Ammo could be more scarce to significantly increase its value. If I washed up on the beach with barely anything but some rags and a piece of fruit, upon acquiring anything more than that, each item would feel like a major victory.  Many people seem entitled to having all the loot they desire, but deep inside we all know that's not how a scenario such as this would play out.

Manage your gear, measure every risk, know when to quit, make the most of each situation, and never give up the fight! (I'm looking at you battle-loggers.)

• Like 1