Sign in to follow this  
Brother Hao

Make non-carnivorous wildlife also potentially dangerous to players

Wildlife will absolutely fuck your day up if they or their offspring are threatened, and I think that's a behavior that DayZ should emulate.

• Confused 1

Based on what scientific evidence?  And where are these offspring?   So, if i punch a chicken, I should be worried about getting attacked by other chickens?  Sheep, fish, pigs, and goats are legitimately dangerous?

You make a lot of suggestions for additions but never provide any great reasoning for any of them.

20 hours ago, Parazight said:

Based on what scientific evidence?  And where are these offspring?   So, if i punch a chicken, I should be worried about getting attacked by other chickens?  Sheep, fish, pigs, and goats are legitimately dangerous?

You make a lot of suggestions for additions but never provide any great reasoning for any of them.

I mean it's pretty often documented... 

You're going to use some shit video where animals are provoked and then filmed as the backbone to your ridiculous assertion that otherwise passive animals are dangerous?    The people in the video even say that this is rare behavior.  Try using actual dialog and reasoning to make your point.   

Tell me, which non-carnivorous animals in DayZ should I be afraid of?  Keep in mind that I have an assault rifle and probably loads of experience killing infected.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:57 PM, Parazight said:

So, if i punch a chicken, I should be worried about getting attacked by other chickens?  Sheep, fish, pigs, and goats are legitimately dangerous?

Not all of them. Sheep, fish and chickens aren't dangerous. Goats can absolutely be.

You're going to use some shit video where animals are provoked and then filmed as the backbone to your ridiculous assertion that otherwise passive animals are dangerous?

Have another.

Tell me, which non-carnivorous animals in DayZ should I be afraid of?

In some situations, a couple. If you have an assault rifle, probably only the brown bear.

Okay, brown bears are an omnivore.  Wild hogs are also omnivores.  Omnivores eat meat and plants, like humans.  Thus, not non-carnivorous.  That leaves us with no dangerous, non-carnivorous animals in DayZ.  

Again, you tend to make a lot of suggestions on these forums without stating the why.  There's rarely a case where you use facts and history to convince people that your suggestion is worthwhile.  It makes it look like some random idea and you're not putting effort into the task, and you haven't really thought it through. This isn't helping your case.  Constructive criticism and suggestions are perfectly fine, and welcomed!  Calling someone salty because they critique your ideas and you don't happen to like the answer isn't a great counter-argument.