floodindahood

HOW do you approach a person without getting shot?

I do not understand how it works.

The times I try to be coolbeans and approach a player to reach the 80m for direct comm so I can talk to them, I get shot.

Time after time and then again.

I really do not want to kill on sight but what other options do I have if I don't want to start a new character 3 times per playing session.

Tips & tricks & bla & bla please.

I feel your pain. I've been forced in to killing/avoiding every player i meet. I've tried typing, voice chat, approaching with my gun down, saluting and nothing works. Each time i've attempted to make contact i get killed or have to retreat.

It's hard making friends or co-existing with other players now. Until there's a universal 'greeting' i'm sticking to killing. It's better i'm alive than them :)

haha well.. I met someone, I was out of ammo and I was trying to make friends at balota medical tents, I yelled over chat thinking he was shooting at me Hey! friendly! Then he went on doing what he was doing, I started yelling out positions of zombies to him, we eventually met up, was fun because I got his steam name and we went to cherno before logging off....

It gets boring while playing alone for weeks.

Then again be bored or be dead, like in RL.

Day Z is too realistic :/

The first several days of playing, I really enjoyed trying to meet up with people, and I successfully did run into some friendly people. Those were the most memorable experiences... finding out what they needed and helping if I could. But now, if they see me, I'm dead. If I see them and they don't see me, I let them go along their merry way.

It just takes too long to get some decent starting equipment just to risk it trying to make contact with someone. The "feel-good" reward just isn't worth it. The only people I feel safe around are the people that don't have a gun.

My friend and I have watched many people running around and didn't fire as we had no reason. I am usually killed by people I never knew were there. I wonder how many people see me and don't fire?

I could be murderer, but it feels better to let people go if they give me no reason to attack.

If I'm alone, I avoid contact, in a group, assess and act. We killed someone logging in to a supermarket after some discussion, since we figured he'd open fire in a panic if he spawned in a circle of assault rifles pointed at him.

Those who don't shoot on sight risk being spotted back at a point when you won't be aware of it and losing the momentum putting yourself in a major disadvantage making yourself even more likely to get shot. If that person for any possible reason would want anything from you then you are dead.

So the solution to unsuccessful approaches would be to create a formula which considers all the variables and then through science would create the most non-hostile situation as possible.

Too tired for that tho.

If I'm in the open I just lock crosshairs on them, and inform them over DC that I have them in my sights and that I'll fire if they move. Then I assess the situation and usually have them walk away (while I watch them) before I beat feet outta there.

If I'm in a town and we surprise each other, I just say "Hi, I'm friendly" and hope for the best. I had one instance, in the Balota control tower, where I ran into a player. I IDed myself as friendly then walked into the open, while he watched, then I drew my shotgun and then dropped it to my side. After that we chatted for a bit. He knew I wasn't going to kill him, and I figured if he was going to he'd have already done it. We both parted ways without a shot fired.

Break contact and say friendly, friendly! in direct channel.

You should always move concealed and near cover. If you meet someone, who doesn't shoot on sight, get behind cover and tell him you're friendly friendly. From behind cover, tell him you're weapon is lowered and that you expect him to lower his weapon, if he's also friendly.

Tell him to press 2xCtrl to lower his weapon if he don't know how and that you trust noone, who's aiming a weapon at you.

Any lowred rifle can quickly be raised, which gives you very little time to react, if you're looting a store together, try to keep the shelves between you and strike up a conversation with the survivor. If he comes off as threatening, condescending or fake, put cover between you and try to get away.

Anyone who aims at you directly is threatrning your life.

Just avoid unkonwn players and join a clan/group or community

There are two ways that I know of that typically work well:

1) Approach someone who is unarmed (new spawn/noob) or lightly armed (melee weapons are best). Ask if they need help and tell them you are friendly. Without anything to lose or any way to harm you, they can only run away from you or listen to you. It helps if you can give them advice too, like where they can get supplies.

2) Approach someone being chased by zombies. Usually I'll tell them to run to me and I'll kill the zombies for them. This has been how I've met most friendly players, and 8/9 times we've all lived. The 9th time, we got trapped in a tower and glitches caused my legs to break.

The first several days of playing' date=' I really enjoyed trying to meet up with people, and I successfully did run into some friendly people. Those were the most memorable experiences... finding out what they needed and helping if I could. But now, if they see me, I'm dead. If I see them and they don't see me, I let them go along their merry way.

It just takes too long to get some decent starting equipment just to risk it trying to make contact with someone. The "feel-good" reward just isn't worth it. The only people I feel safe around are the people that don't have a gun.

My friend and I have watched many people running around and didn't fire as we had no reason. I am usually killed by people I never knew were there. I wonder how many people see me and don't fire?

I could be murderer, but it feels better to let people go if they give me no reason to attack.

[/quote']

I think this is most peoples attitude.

I currently have not ran into anyone who has not seen me. I'm not very stealthy :P So I useally Die Before I can type Friendly into Direct Chat, fixing that by getting a mic for my B-day! :D anyways, if I ran into someone who did not see me. And I saw them, I would Probably Not Kill them., And it depends where I am, say Cherno/electro: I would Kill them without hesentation, If I was in some small town like Kamenka, I would ask First and then fire. For me it really just depends on the location and if they are Geared up.

Met someone in the cherno outskirts between 2 apartments. Surprised me, actually. He didn't have any weapons and said 'friendly' a lot. Being on skype with a mate I didn't understand him too well. I then told him I'll let him go. 2 minutes later I was on the roof of an apartment and spotted someone else looting the one across the street. He didn't have a gun either.

>Sneaking around me and doing anything in my vicinity without asking me for permission gets you a bullet in the head.

>Good equipment gets you a bullet in the head.

>Jerky movement gets you a bullet in the head.

>A bad mood on my end gets you a bullet in the head.

>If you call me names you get a bullet in the head a second time.

Killed a guy in elektro because he ran around the fire station I was giving my mate first aid in and that got him mad.

He came back pretty soon with a double barreled shotgun and was greeted by a rain of bullets.

Today was a good day.

I'm a bandit, those are my rules of engagement.

You know, i dont mind the times that i get jumped and had no idea he was around etc. But the times that i declare on DC that i'm friendly as the moron pulls 5-6 zombies towards me and i shoot em then he pulls out his pistol and shoots me as i reload... what a shitty human being.