supernick

some questions

hi survivors, here are some questions:

1) if i'm in a town and it begins to rain, it's raining in all server?

2) if i dig a field backpack (or other that isn't drybag) how many days or hours until it disappear/or become ruined?

3) someone find repeater or reapeter ammo? where? civil? military? hunting? 

Edited by supernick

3) I've found the repeater and the ammo in houses and I believe they can spawn in farms too. 

As for the other two questions, I'm not too sure but....

1) I don't believe so. Servers seem to be independent in this regard as they don't necessarily follow the same time of day either. It may be certain blocks of servers do though but I really don't know. I suspect they are all independent.

2) Again, not sure but I recall hearing that it was somewhere in the ballpark of 30-40+ days?  I believe the answer is in this forum though as I recall having the conversation with someone who knew.

....sorry.

1. No, weather and time of day are unique to each server.

2. Approximately 42 days, that's the advice which has always done the rounds. It's the same for base walls etc, you must interact with anything every 42 days or they begin to despawn.

3. I haven't found one yet, but of my friends, nobody liked it anyway.

you can find the repeater I any place you will find a BK-18, mosin or BK-143, same with the ammo.

Today i found five repeaters all in houses around the map and loads of ammo by the box. As I already had the weapons of my choice  i still have not tried the new gun but a few have said it is just basically another gun and brings little to the gameplay that other guns don't already offer. Their words not mine.

There are good weapons you can find in civilian homes, police stations, etc. but there are more capable options available and once you have those, the other ones usually become secondary or even irrelevant.    To me, the Winchester is one of those albeit one of the better choices among them IMO / IME.  

1) about raining maybe i wrote in wrong way, here my question: if i'm in server 1234 and begin raining, in all that server (coast, innerland) raining at same intensity? 

2) i think that 40+ more days apply only to drybag/sea chest/wooden crate. All other backpack less days, but i'm doing a test: digged a field backpack and a hunting backpack, i will check after 7 days

3) happy to see that repeater is so common. I'm loot addicted 🙋‍♂️ and like to often change weapon and combat style. 

5 hours ago, supernick said:

1) about raining maybe i wrote in wrong way, here my question: if i'm in server 1234 and begin raining, in all that server (coast, innerland) raining at same intensity? 

As far as I can tell, weather isn't localized.  I've driven darn near from one end of the map to the other at a decent clip in rainstorms before.  I also made many runs from the NW airbase to the south coast with no impression that it mattered where you were on the map.  I also have talked to friends on PSN chat while they were miles away and were experiencing the same bad weather I was.  

Yes, I've had friends scattered all over the map, it starts to rain at the same time everywhere, finishes at the same time everywhere, all at the same pace.

Confirmed via party chat. The only difference is, sometimes some players see things at different intervals. There are some inconsistencies. For example, we often hear thunder at different times to each other even though we're stood next to each other. The same applies to wolf howling, often one of our party hears them 10 seconds before another does.

experiment failed: actually you can't bury any backpak except drypack, drysack, wooden crate and sea chest.

Sadly...

• Thanks 1

I've only ever tried to bury crates so good to know.  

.....I don't play on public servers anymore so I had no need to bury things which is one reason I didn't know much about this.