Sign in to follow this  
Thundermight

Can we get rid of buried stuff?

As tittle suggest, it is a question, so go ahead and put your opinion but don't be a jerk, please.

I'm one that do like the idea of bury items, but i don't think it is beneficial to the game.
 I think that it does broke CLE as well as "desire" for going north on the map. It is almost impossible to find ARs(oficial servers at least) and in some cases you don't even find people outside coastal area.
 And as an aggravating, it makes tents almost pointless, not only by being way harder to loot tents compared to dry backpacks or if you don't bother, you can craft stashes with a few planks and nails, as well as it is almost impossible to spot a buried stash if you compare with tents (which are easy af to spot).

Just a quick disclaimer, english is not my primary language, so i'm sorry for my bad grammar.

• Like 1

Im not against loot storing.... 

I am against buried stashes.... Its not that hard to find Them tho if you invest in really searching for Them. 

You can find them IF you can see the dirt pile.   There are a ton of glitches in the game that allow you to bury stashes and you cannot see the dirt pile.  It IS a contributing factor to breaking the CLE.  I have buried stuff set for 5 days on my server, infact everything is set for 5 days, tents, vehicles, stashes, you can put a lock on your tent, but you better check it in 5 days or poof.

Yup exactly how i feel, to expand, buried stashes basically are the easiest and most effective way of stashing the best loot.

What's the point of building a base? Clearly that should be the best way to stash loot but as of now it's literally useless.

As for it messing with the CLE, apparently duping is still possible, but either way, it's not hard to imagine buried stashes messing the cle, it's simple math, unlimited stashes equal all rare loot underground.

I made a suggestion before to make buried stashes disappear in 7 days and maybe obtain more damage, unless in a protective case.

The fact that nothing spawns inland is just sad, most people on the coast have all the good loot. I think going inland for loot is a good gameplay loop, killing survivors for loot is an engaging way of getting loot, base raiding could be a fun way of getting loot as well, but apparently looking for dirt piles is the direction DayZ wants to go. I suppose an archeologist sim is an untapped market that DayZ wants capitalize on.

Edited by Robzom11

Buried stashes should be visible. Otherwise its a game breaker as it is now. 

Im not the type of PVP player that i need the best guns and gear but not being able to find something interesting cause its all hoarded makes me tick. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

I never considered things like bases, stashes and tents to be worth it in any MP survival game (including Unturned and Exile mod for ArmA 3). Unless you play all the day.

Why bothering with that when some random dude can destroy it when you're offline or away ?

While I understand it's nice to get some backup loot stashed on the coast (or even just to expand your gear), this game was always about looting and not having the same gear each time.

Those who play just for pure PvP might play on dedicated easy-loot servers or maybe play ArmA.

TLDR Actually I won't miss buried stashes if they are removed / nerfed as I never used them (not worth the time).