slowfast70

The fishing hook

Is it normal that the fishing hook doesn't work that long? I think it breaks down pretty quickly. Okay, once I fished a rusty cooking pot out of a pond. The fishhook was damaged instantly. And in the beginning I had always accidentally fished without bait because I didn't understand how to get a worm on the hook. But even after every time I catch a carp with a bait, the hook seems to wear out quickly. Can the fishing hook be repaired? Or do I have to look for a new one every time. Luckily I had collected three hooks in an oil barrel near a village, because they were more common there. But now I only have one left. Fishing is still my best way to get food.  

Then another question: how long does a fireplace exist if it has been improved with stones? Only a few hours, or even days? Because you don't get stones together that quickly every time. How is the persistence of a stone oven?

You can craft fishing hooks from the bones of a dead animal. Put knife in hand and look at the bones to get the option to craft a hook.

Another problem is the tourist map. Most of the ponds on the map just doesnt exist or may be the pond layer on the map is displaced. If you need to go fishing because food is getting low you get into a emergency situation. For the absolute emergency I always carry a pack of rice with me.

The proper fishing hook seems to be more durable than the bone hook, which would make sense. I assume you're talking about the metal hook though? 

You can also fish in streams as well as ponds in case you didn't already know. Not sure about the streams you can't drink from but certainly the other ones. You can also fish at the beach too if course, and it's pretty easy to find! 

Oh, I only have Livonia, no coast there. And all streams you can see on the map have dried up. There is a river in the north, but I try to explore the map. With little luck I find a pond.