justice5150

Man, at least console players don't have to deal with hackers.

Knew this was coming, so not surprised. 

I had a base(stash) built up for over 2 months.

Best stuff I had was 60 burlaps, 3 ghillies, night vision goggles & 3 ARs in a server where ARs rarely spawn. 

Well, first I met this "kind" hacker who I talked out of raiding my base, he felt bad because it was mine, I just happened to catch him in the act. 

Fast-forward a month, I had broken my base up into differnt hidden sections spanning over a kilometer apart.

In 1 hour, a hacker and his team ransacked over 70 boxes, a lot of which I even forgot about & hadn't seen them for ever.

Somehow they moved over 40 guns, loads of ammo & food, heavy car parts ect. 

The first hacker explained to me that with their ESP, they can see boxes for 500m+ that are buried. 

Console always complains about updates & lag, but at least they don't have to deal with hackers. 

I'll be posting media when I get it uploaded to youtube ig if anyone is interested. 

F to pay respects 

Edited by justice5150

Welcome to online gaming?! 

Yes in a game like this its more annoying.. that i agree

6 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Never needed hacks to find bases and stash and it's my favorite way of gearing up. 

Agreed! It's very rewarding finding them. When you have ESP its just.. annoying. 

9 hours ago, Xenophon- said:

It's not a competition mate, we get screwed just as hard.

Never said it was a competition, however, hackers are WAY more prevalent on PC if they even exist on Console. Not speculation, just how it works. 

I know you guys have dupers, but so do we, I know you guys have lag, glitches, ect, but so do we. Like you said, its no competition. 

I am actually considering console DayZ just to get away from hackers. 

Edited by justice5150

So here I wonder, how effective is the BattleEye and whether this happens more on community servers or are official servers affected just as much? Is there any relevant data? During my years of playing the game, I never even suspected other players of cheating. 

5 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

So here I wonder, how effective is the BattleEye and whether this happens more on community servers or are official servers affected just as much? Is there any relevant data? During my years of playing the game, I never even suspected other players of cheating. 

With 2.5k hours I have only 2 confirmed hacker encounters. I'd expect they roam mostly 3pp official servers, to hop to those with high pop. Sticking to 1pp community servers with nighttime, I've never run into anything fishy.

8 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

With 2.5k hours I have only 2 confirmed hacker encounters. I'd expect they roam mostly 3pp official servers, to hop to those with high pop. Sticking to 1pp community servers with nighttime, I've never run into anything fishy.

I also stick to 1pp HC servers so yeah, that maybe why. 

I already saw an obvious hacker streaming on the Steam stream section, but it was back before the new engine update.

Since then I was never killed with any suspicious circumstances.