frodrick

i got refunded, you should to!

Atleast until they fix the biggest problems.
I got a full refund from sony, cause i claimed the game is faulty and not playable as intended.
also linked some vids of my issues.
this is the worst of them, has happend like 10 times, died half of those times loosing MANY hours of getting cars and stuff.

So demand a refund if you get sick of this game until they fix it.

• Like 5
  • Beans 1

I'm glad you able to get a refund. 

IMO, this is inexcusable for a game release on PS4 as a finished title.  In my case, I bought it knowing there were still bugs but I was suckered in by their sudden openness about the game's progress, promises and talk of bucking down to get the game right.  Soon after the release they did a 180 in regard to communication and IMO, have been quite nonchalant about it. .....especially if you follow their Twitter feed. 

Then they announced the Livonia DLC and a physical release which really chapped my ass as I thought they should really be focusing on fixing the game first instead of building on an unstable foundation.  .....and certainly not releasing a game on physical disk that is nowhere near a  "1.0" state.  In all honesty, it simply looked like a money grab at that point especially since they essentially went silent on all the big issues people were (and still are) having.

Anyhow, in their brief blurb regarding the state of the game at the end of last year they said they would be concentrating on fixing the game in 2020 but who knows when exactly that will be or if they even will.  As it stands, they continue to release new content and new bugs.  ....and then hotfixes to repair those new bugs but ignoring most of the long-standing issues that plague players like the one you have shown in your video.  

.....btw, I used to have the exact same problem you shared.  I would get at least one of those longer freezes each session.  Don't ask me how but at some point after one of their patches everything changed for me in regard to vehicle performance.  As long as I remain in FPV, I can drive in 2nd and 3rd gear consistently at speeds of around 50KPH or more with little issue.  I do get "rubberbanding" and some freezes but they are quite short (a second or less typically).  Every now again though I do get a freeze just like old times but it's relatively rare and will last maybe 4 seconds or so.   ......but gone are the days I had to maintain a speed of ~20KPH or less unless I'm in a big city.

Funny thing is, my friend I share my server with still has the same issue as you do (and I used to have).  Nothing changed for him so I drive most times. To be honest, if things hadn't improved for me with the vehicle performance, I likely would have given up too and maybe asked for refund.  I also posted this in the tech forum in detail but I guess BI never responds to any of those.  I figured they might be curious why things improved for me after the patch but apparently not.  ....I was more than willing to share what I could and help if they wanted it. 

The only difference between my friend and I in our system is that I have an ext SDD but I had that since I started playing.  Something in the patch changed where it improved my performance though.

Edited by Kean__1

Yeah, i noticed that FPV improved lagg issues, and FPV+zoom made it even better, but i stil got those freezes when entering loadzones just before cities and towns or other bigger compounds.
It think it has something with drawdistance to do, while in 3rd person you have alot of fov like 120, in FPV like 90 and zoomed FPV 45 or so! and with a long drawdistance it has to render/load loads more objects the higher the view angle. like in 3rd it has to render a huge ammount of stuff.
so just by giving us the possibility to change some settings to graphics, like drawdistance, texture resolution and overall detail, would probably make the lagg issues to be a memory, cause now it has rubberbanding graphicslagg and freezes. if i had the cash id upgrade to a SSD  but ill spend my money on a PS5 instead

• Like 1

I play on an OG xbox one and have no problems driving, no ssd. Its due to server performance ! Just stay away from cars.

4 hours ago, frodrick said:

Yeah, i noticed that FPV improved lagg issues, and FPV+zoom made it even better, but i stil got those freezes when entering loadzones just before cities and towns or other bigger compounds.
It think it has something with drawdistance to do, while in 3rd person you have alot of fov like 120, in FPV like 90 and zoomed FPV 45 or so! and with a long drawdistance it has to render/load loads more objects the higher the view angle. like in 3rd it has to render a huge ammount of stuff.
so just by giving us the possibility to change some settings to graphics, like drawdistance, texture resolution and overall detail, would probably make the lagg issues to be a memory, cause now it has rubberbanding graphicslagg and freezes. if i had the cash id upgrade to a SSD  but ill spend my money on a PS5 instead

Yeah, I tried everything including FOV changes, zooming in, etc.  There is a distinct difference between TPV and FPV though with me.  ....not with my friend on the same private server.  

It's funny because the perspective made zero difference before when performance sucked regardless of what I did.  

I agree.....  I think a lot of it has to do with draw distance, etc.  I'd be ok with them cutting back on some of those things if it improved overall performance.  

16 hours ago, Kean__1 said:

Yeah, I tried everything including FOV changes, zooming in, etc.  There is a distinct difference between TPV and FPV though with me.  ....not with my friend on the same private server.  

It's funny because the perspective made zero difference before when performance sucked regardless of what I did.  

I agree.....  I think a lot of it has to do with draw distance, etc.  I'd be ok with them cutting back on some of those things if it improved overall performance.  

Yea id take low graphics rather than bugs 😄

18 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

I play on an OG xbox one and have no problems driving, no ssd. Its due to server performance ! Just stay away from cars.

Nah server performance?! its loading issues and files are local, not on server,

3 hours ago, frodrick said:

Nah server performance?! its loading issues and files are local, not on server,

wrong

for cars anyway, those "files" are server side, look it up. Dont mean to shit on your post but you wrong my dude.

On 1/13/2020 at 1:03 AM, RyanS1994 said:

for cars anyway, those "files" are server side, look it up. Dont mean to shit on your post but you wrong my dude.

Ok, the spawnable objects/zombie locations will be synced from server, but static objects like buildings and houses etc seems really dumb to keep on server, and i doubt textures and so on are on servers cause that would be beyond stupid.
so i dont think server sends more than object number and location and status, like objecttype, xycoord, dmg1-5
So that small ammount of traffic should not result in that ammount of lagg that PS4 have, if looking on YT with PC player that have steady 100+fps driving 100mph  and never lags. Its just a bad code issue. but BI seem to care less.

Must have to admit, I've never had such killer issues.

I love this game, worth every penny !

• Haha 1