Owen Curtis Parry

Private servers on xbox

Question

Hello,

I can’t find a option to start a private server for me and my friend? And when I search online it mentions you have to rent a server? I hope this isn’t true as having bought a £40 game to be expected to pay monthly just to play on a private server is a joke if it turns out to be true? Messaged developers but their answer was half arsed

tha is in advance 

3 answers to this question

short answer is yes.

if you want to play on your own private server you have to rent one from nitrado. or you could just play on one of the many servers out there. "cough" Search DbagZ Livonia "cough"

Yeah dude. Dayz private servers are rented by players. Theres plenty of them already hosted by other people you can join. All the decent ones will never ask you for a penny to have you play on them.

Search the thread and you'll see plenty of links to other private servers that might suit your playstyle.

Download Discord app as most of them use this to allow you to apply to them 

If you want a server it costs, ain't nothing new in that.

And you dont need to make a new private server for 2 people - look at the serverlist and see how many totally unpopulated servers there already are.

Also - DayZ sucks without other players around, then you are just playing a running-simulator with zombies...