Sign in to follow this  
Badlywrapdkebab

Official Servers Livonia & Chernarus = Same Character???

I admit I've been away from DayZ for some time and this is probably common knowledge but I've just discovered the same character on the official servers persists no matter which map you're playing on. Seems wrong to me. I was under the impression the character I played in Livonia would be different to the one I played in Chernarus in the same way I have a different character for 1st person servers and 3rd person servers (or has that changed as well?).

The really annoying thing is if I want to play a different map for a bit of a change I have to put up with the whole changing location thing because I've changed servers. Wasn't this introduced to stop people ghosting during combat i.e. logging out of one server, changing position on another server and then logging back into the original server to shoot your opponent in the back. Obviously this can't work when moving to a different map so why should I lose my position in Livonia just because I want to play in Chernarus for a bit? And why do I always get teleported to Lukow when I change servers in Livonia? A couple of miles from my last location would be OK but to the other end of the map, really!?

Whinge over.

Like you said common knowledge

All good points.

Devs dont care OR Just dont communicate that they do.

These are all easily refutable points when some basic logic is deployed.

1) Obviously players don't want to lose their progress changing maps and don't deserve to. They worked hard to earn their gear and should take it wherever they please. In the real world you can travel to a new location, so it makes sense that you can travel from Livonia to Chenarus and back. So at the end of the day authenticity wins.

2) Server hoppers will simply hop back and forth between Livonia and Chernarus to farm military loot. Debunked with ease.

Wish people on this forum would actually use some critical thinking rather than simply going with the popular opinion to fit in and make the game easier.

Edited by ATrueDayZFan

21 hours ago, Badlywrapdkebab said:

I admit I've been away from DayZ for some time and this is probably common knowledge but I've just discovered the same character on the official servers persists no matter which map you're playing on. Seems wrong to me. I was under the impression the character I played in Livonia would be different to the one I played in Chernarus in the same way I have a different character for 1st person servers and 3rd person servers (or has that changed as well?).

The really annoying thing is if I want to play a different map for a bit of a change I have to put up with the whole changing location thing because I've changed servers. Wasn't this introduced to stop people ghosting during combat i.e. logging out of one server, changing position on another server and then logging back into the original server to shoot your opponent in the back. Obviously this can't work when moving to a different map so why should I lose my position in Livonia just because I want to play in Chernarus for a bit? And why do I always get teleported to Lukow when I change servers in Livonia? A couple of miles from my last location would be OK but to the other end of the map, really!?

Whinge over.

Current hive implementation has no this future. The coord's of player stored in database in stream format with loot and other sh*t. YOu cant read 'em without understanding what do you read.

Why you have different characters on Livonia and Chernarus? - Ok, you go to NWAF picked in some building (for example your cords: 12345 200 54321, so you're located at 12345 / 54321 and height is 200 meters (from ground) at Livonia there's nothing (forest for example) at that place and you'll fall from 200 meters heigh to ground = YOU"RE WASTED!)

Why do you have different characters on 1st person only and 1st/3rd person view? Because there's a assh*les that my loot on 3rd person server and got to Tisy and camp you. That's why there's a different saving systems.

Is there any way to fix that? Perhaps yes. You can share the database (players.db) between 2 servers and also create store with file that contains player location. When player connect to Chernarus he'll get a character from Chernarus and position somwhere at Chernarus, when he connect to Livonia he'll get a character with loot but in default spawn location and this trick will brake a spawn system at all. So no way to use this future or need to create new random spawn system.

I hope that my answer will help you.