Sam353

Please Help!

Just to add to what @TheYetiBum said, after you kill the animal, make sure you wash your hands, or are wearing gloves when you cut it up as this will stop you getting salmonella poisoning.

You can wash your hands at a stream, lake, water fountain or using a bottle or canteen. 

Never drink water from anywhere other than a water fountain or a bottle/canteen you have purified yourself. You can purify water using chlorine tablets which you can find mostly in hunters shacks, cabins, deer huts etc. 

My main advice is stay fed, hydrated and dry. Keep your eyes and ears open for other players; I've had players literally run past me laying prone within 2 metres. Never run into a military camp without scoping it out from a distance and bear in mind that most players will kill you on sight, but particularly in a military camp. 

You can live a long life without an ak or an m4 or even any military loot, so don't feel like the only way to play the game is by gearing up. @DayzDayzFanboy will tell you all you really need is a knife, a long range weapon and a pistol and you can survive for months. I can testify to this, as my oldest character is 4 months. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 2/15/2020 at 11:55 PM, Thunderpants_AU said:

Just to add to what @TheYetiBum said, after you kill the animal, make sure you wash your hands, or are wearing gloves when you cut it up as this will stop you getting salmonella poisoning.

You can wash your hands at a stream, lake, water fountain or using a bottle or canteen. 

Never drink water from anywhere other than a water fountain or a bottle/canteen you have purified yourself. You can purify water using chlorine tablets which you can find mostly in hunters shacks, cabins, deer huts etc. 

My main advice is stay fed, hydrated and dry. Keep your eyes and ears open for other players; I've had players literally run past me laying prone within 2 metres. Never run into a military camp without scoping it out from a distance and bear in mind that most players will kill you on sight, but particularly in a military camp. 

You can live a long life without an ak or an m4 or even any military loot, so don't feel like the only way to play the game is by gearing up. @DayzDayzFanboy will tell you all you really need is a knife, a long range weapon and a pistol and you can survive for months. I can testify to this, as my oldest character is 4 months. 

Good luck! 

Thanks for the tips. I have been doing much better since back when I started. I made some progress, died a few times and was bummed for a bit, but now Its all just in the experience. I kind of like starting out new again and finding an early game rifle, then a rifle scope eventually. That can be just as exciting if not more exciting than finding an AK to me at least! Just knowing I have long range sight to scope out places before I enter an area. I tend to just stick to towns and villages till I'm geared up okay, pistol, rifle with scope, either the 7.62 5 round mag fed one or a Mosin, which ever I find a scope for first, then I dump the other one for less weight. Once I get a scoped rifle, a pistol, a few cans of food, some form of water carrying ability, and a few cooked chicken breasts in my pants and jacket pockets for warmth mostly or emergency food if needed bad enough, I start scrounging smaller 2nd and even 3rd tier military areas for better gear. depending on how long I survive for. Sometimes I get quite well geared up and have a good little run before getting shot in a fire fight or taken out by a random wolf pack, bear or something outside of my control, or there was that one time I even stepped on my own landmine I had set up on one approach to my tent in the woods like an idiot,lol, but it's all good, it's just a game. I learn more from each experience, and each time I start out new again, I feel more and more confident than the time before and try to apply and learn form any mistakes form past characters.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2020 at 10:31 PM, Tierian said:

Surving 101:     all you need is a knife. Running inland is the main goal but pointless if you dont set your self up first.  Priority is finding a knife. Steak knife, kitchen knife, machete, hunting knife combated knife.  Houses and sheds will most like have these except the last two.  If you cant find one  of these then look for a pick axe or sledge hammer. Find the river and use these on the boulders to make "small stones"   2 small stones  will craft a stone knife.   

Step 2: once a knife is acquired use your ears..  livestock is in this game for a reason most towns have chickens, sheep or goats  nearby. Listen for them and locate one..  chickens are the easiest to kill as they have less hp to kill.

Step3. Once you kill, skin and collect  both meat and bones with your knife use the bones and knife to craft a fishing hook. 

Step4- fire:    use your knife on a tree and collect bark 5 pieces will be enough.   Use your hands and cur down a bush.  You want short sticks as well as one long stick.  Use your bark and short stick to craft a fire place.     Use your short stick and bark to also craft a hand drill. Once your hand drill is made use it to ignite your fire.  Add the left over short sticks to the fire.

Step5: grab your long stick in hand and drag your chicken down to combine     roast your chicken  wait one full circle to roast other wise you'll get sick from food poisoning. Once cooked   cook your other piece  as fire will die soon. 

Step 6: Feast!   You have now efficiently managed to feed your self.  Go kill more food!

Keep in mind while looking for a knife find a well and drink till you are full if possible.  Dont just drink till you are in the white.  A full stomach of water will last you a good while.

Craft two knives or find two.  They dont last long if used alot.  Once you have your self feed  collect 2 stacks x6 rags.  12 total and combine to make rope.  1 long stick and one rope will make a fishing rod.  Use your knife to dig for works and add the work to your hook.  Then add the hook to your rod. You can now fish and eat better food.    Chicken dosnt give as much as fish. 

Hope this helps you and others to get your self up and running. Stay safe and good luck

And after step 6 you're dead five minutes later due to sickness from eating with bloody hands.

This strat works only if you get a container to hold water to wash your hands before eating. Other wise you're rushing to find a hospital right after you eat to find charcoal or you're dead.

Also, you can craft a stone knife by having one small stone in your hand and the other one on the ground. You don't need a pickaxe/sledgehammer.

Everything else is spot on. Best bet is to get a horde on you and kill them from the safety of a car roof or building. You can kill infected thru most windows with melee. Infected have all kinds of gear from backpacks to food, tools, etc.