repzaj1234

Lone wolves and predator spawn zones in Chernarus

I recently tried the Exclusion Zone map, I had the itch to explore new places after Livonia's free weekend. One thing that stood out to me was that you can actually encounter wolves in the early game in this map. I stumbled upon a military camp with just a melee weapon with me, as I was headed out I got ambushed by a pack of wolves. They are not a joke when you only have a melee weapon. They are also hard to shake off if you run out of buildings to hide in.

In Chernarus, wolves mostly spawn along the corners of the map or the very far north, by the time players reach these parts most are already decently geared with at least a viable gun/enough bullets to defend themselves with. With the addition of bears to Chernarus I think some wolf pack spawns can be relocated and spread out more... Some of them lingering on the outskirts of small remote towns. Lone wolf spawns placed in this early-mid game zone would make a huge difference imo. Even having one wolf stalk you when you only have a baseball bat or a chambered gun is pretty scary and challenging. Wolf steak drops will need a nerf. Honestly, meat yield on all animals except the chicken needs a nerf or at least buff the detection radius of animal AI. Hunting is a walk in the park right now, you can literally jog up to a chicken a just punch it for an easy meal.

PvE in general just needs some love. When hunger, dehydration, zombies and predators actually pose a threat it'll really change the feel of this game towards survival and away from a drawn out battle royale. I mean think about your last playthrough, what's the percentage of your playtime that was spent engaging in PvP? Probably less than 10%. Majority of play time spent on DayZ is spent on PvE, show it some love devs. Take away the easy way outs against zombies, polish their climbing AI so players can't just hop on top of low objects to avoid them. Give them the ability to break down small doors OR have random houses have open doorways where the door was broken into. Buff their visual detection and buff the aggro scream they make so it attracts other infected further out. When they are in the "aggressive state" they need to generate more noise that can draw in other infected so players need to dispose of them quickly. From what I saw in Livonia and EXP, zombie spawns are getting cleaned up which is really appreciated. It just sucks cause this game is clearly being held back by server performance.

Other survivors can already be pretty harsh, the game itself just needs to catch up.

Edited by repzaj1234

34 minutes ago, repzaj1234 said:

In Chernarus, wolves mostly spawn along the corners of the map or the very far north, by the time players reach these parts most are already decently geared with at least a viable gun/enough bullets to defend themselves with. With the addition of bears to Chernarus I think some wolf pack spawns can be relocated and spread out more... Some of them lingering on the outskirts of small remote towns. Lone wolf spawns placed in this early-mid game zone would make a huge difference imo. Even having one wolf stalk you when you only have a baseball bat or a chambered gun is pretty scary and challenging. Wolf steak drops will need a nerf. Honestly, meat yield on all animals except the chicken needs a nerf or at least buff the detection radius of animal AI.

Wolves and bear spawn points . . . 1.06

Infected too . ..

pPerOze.png