btrizzle

how many ppl will quit when.....

There are lots of posts about this, but seeing as its up, i'll post a story of what just happened to me.

North of Polana, I saw a chopper crash on the road. As I was leaving the forest (about 200 metres away) I see another survivor just reaching the chopper. I ran up to a tree on the outskirts of the forest, aimed and fired. I'm not sure if i hit him or not (iron sights, AK74), but he ran around the other side of the chopper.

My heart was pumping. I thought he was going to use whatever he found and have a desperate shootout with me.

Instead he typed:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAH ITS MINE!"

Before logging off.

This is what the average DayZ player has become.

i really dont see the problem with it, hell i will do it when i have to, i'm not loosing my rare gear because some faggot wants it. Ive worked hard for my shit, you should too!

i really dont see the problem with it' date=' hell i will do it when i have to, i'm not loosing my rare gear because some faggot wants it. Ive worked hard for my shit, you should too!

[/quote']

Cheating homophobe, nice!

i really dont see the problem with it' date=' hell i will do it when i have to, i'm not loosing my rare gear because some faggot wants it. Ive worked hard for my shit, you should too!

[/quote']

Combat logging (period) according to Rocket is an exploit.

(05-27-2012 05:10 AM)rocket Wrote: Disconnecting to avoid death IS an exploit.

You sir are a colossal douchebag, and a blight on the community.

There are lots of posts about this' date=' but seeing as its up, i'll post a story of what just happened to me.

North of Polana, I saw a chopper crash on the road. As I was leaving the forest (about 200 metres away) I see another survivor just reaching the chopper. I ran up to a tree on the outskirts of the forest, aimed and fired. I'm not sure if i hit him or not (iron sights, AK74), but he ran around the other side of the chopper.

My heart was pumping. I thought he was going to use whatever he found and have a desperate shootout with me.

Instead he typed:

"HAHAHAHAHAHAH ITS MINE!"

Before logging off.

This is what the average DayZ player has become.

[/quote']

I laughed.

from the replies....looks like a lot of carebears will quit....which will reduce the amount of servers, but increase the quality of play and fun. it's a pvp game. go play hellokitty online if you dont like it.

ydraB' pid='254453' dateline='1341511649']

[/quote']

why thank you.

In all my time i have killed 3 people all in self defence, whats the big deal with hurr durr i'm gonna kill someone for better gear because i cant spend a few days gathering my shit? Lets see when you get killed for that one piece of equiptment that you have been spending literally days to get, see that rage? that would make me stop playing and i'm not stopping anytime soon.

In the end its not really something you can change, say i find a nice spot to logout and my char stays there for x ammount of time after, whats to stop someone finding me and killing me in that time?

I disagree with this, as the game stands it's currently "shoot on sight", which is cool unless you consider the premise of the game. There is no penalty to simply kill whoever you see and as such no reason for someone to waste their time of dying and starting over just to get griefed or killed by a glitch.

I know some people who d/c at the first sign of danger and unfortunately the mechanics reward this type of survival. In fact, it doesn't even upset me, I can't blame them. How much time do I want to waste collecting the same stuff just to get griefed by someone I didn't even notice was there?

Until there is some inherent danger for randomly killing people for absolutely no reason I don't see why this should be patched. If I understand rocket correctly he intends to make it so "shoot on sight" isn't the defacto way to play and when that time comes hopefully this stuff can be addressed.

Lets see when you get killed for that one piece of equiptment that you have been spending literally days to get' date=' see that rage? that would make me stop playing and i'm not stopping anytime soon.

In the end its not really something you can change, say i find a nice spot to logout and my char stays there for x ammount of time after, whats to stop someone finding me and killing me in that time?

[/quote']

you can try to justify yourself in any way you want, if you alt+f4, you are selfishly ruining this mod and missing out on half the game.

i've been killed with gear most poeple rarely even see. dmr+silenced m4+ghillie+coyote pack+range finder+gps +all the meds and food gathering items you'd ever need.

was i pissed? sure. I didn't quit or cry about it though. the best part of the game is finding stuff and knowing you can lose it anytime.

you will never experience that thrill. the fix for this is coming. and when it comes you will lose your "precious" gear.

query: In calling these guys pussies' date=' are you the guy sitting 300 to 1000 meters away with a sniper rifle from concealment, playing Tom Beringer Jr.? Now if that's not you, then my apologies, but I got a sense of some of that from your post. If it is you, then you're not qualified to call anyone a pussy.

Now don't get me wrong. I would never stop someone from playing that way. Just don't bitch when cheap tactics are met by cheap tactics.

[/quote']

So I am confused why people think that sitting on a hill @300+ meters with a sniper rifle is a cheap tactic. Should we remove sniper rifles from the game (Or sniper scopes)?

The cheap tactic is when those snipers post up on a hill look around for a few minutes then hop to another server over and over. I know my friends do this. So now I just have to run solo :( which sucks because I like running with a squad of 4-5. The funny part is that these people complain when someone they shoot at DCs, then they just DC and go to another server -_-

The issue is that people can go from server to server all day long. Insta log out is also an issue.

Until the bandit issue is sorted out' date=' I consider it justifiable. It's even sweeter because it pee's off the gankers.

[/quote']

There IS no "bandit issue". People who think this was meant to be a PvE Co-op game need pull their heads out of their asses.

[/quote']

why thank you.

In all my time i have killed 3 people all in self defence, whats the big deal with hurr durr i'm gonna kill someone for better gear because i cant spend a few days gathering my shit? Lets see when you get killed for that one piece of equiptment that you have been spending literally days to get, see that rage? that would make me stop playing and i'm not stopping anytime soon.

death is supposed to come all to easy in this mod, and is supposed to have consequences. if you are using exploits in order to avoid death because the game is about gear to you, you completely miss the point of the mod. you may consider playing a game that is more loot centered where dying isn't quite as easy/sudden and has less consequences, like world of warcraft, diablo 3, etc (this is not a judgment on the quality of those games, and i don't wish to disparage you from playing, just to disparage you from exploiting).

[/quote']

why thank you.

I will link you to the full post by Rocket, as this concept has seemed to slip your comprehension.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8029

Please explain how your actions are not directly opposed to Rocket's statements.

"omg omg someone is near me" ***alt f4***

***logs back in*** "man i'm on the coast w/ a flashlight"

can't wait for that day

[/quote']

they-told-me-I-could-be-anything-so-I-became-a-douche.jpg

DCing is no cheaper than sniping, they both render the player untouchable and immune to any form of consequence to their actions.

The only difference is that one is considered an exploit and the other is supposedly the only way "real men" (I.E. Deathmatchers) play. So while DCing should be fixed, it's really a double standard to call it cheap in comparison to long range sniping. They both accomplish the same general goals (total security)

Did this really deserve a thread?

Using the searchbar or even reading the first page of threads is, apparently, a dying art.

go fuck yourself

Ladies and Gentleman: Typical DayZ griefer mentality, right there. This is the "hardcore" we're apparently catering to. No thought, no viewpoint, just jump up and flame because they feel self entitled.

I said that while DCing was an exploit, it is the only counter to the god-like sniping that pretty much anyone that cares about character will say is immersion breaking.

So the question is not should DCing be fixed, the question is what should we do to start levelling out in-game advantages that turn the game into less of a survival game and more into a "play until sniper sees you" game.

CoD 52 and BF 98 will be out soon so a lot of the dc'ers will leave for the next shoot fest then it will not be as big an annoyance.

As soon as they dc you have bested them , all you have to do is smile at their lame game play :) Not worth getting your knickers in a twist over someone else shit 'tactics'.

Sniping is part of the game, you can counter it, and you can scout surrounding area's before you go in to loot. If you are too lazy / bad at doing this, its not the fault of the mod.

What needs addressing as stated before is DC'ing. Basically, if you have been shot or if you have fired your weapon, a 5 minute timer should start, whether you are logging out of not.

If you try and log out within the 5 minutes, the character will stay on the server until that timer is finished. If you stop firing / getting hit for 5 minutes, you can log normally again.

Maybe have a 5 second timer for all non-combat related logging.

This should not be a problem for non-cheating players, because we log off in safe locations (i.e. not in combat or server hopping high loot areas).

The *only* people that would complain over this change are the cheaters themselves.

Sniping is part of the game' date=' you can counter it, and you can scout surrounding area's before you go in to loot. If you are too lazy / bad at doing this, its not the fault of the mod.

[/quote']

In the world of DayZ, you might as well be trying to water with a screen-bottom canteen. It's not like CoD where there are known spots to camp and not much else. It's a chronic game of rock, paper, scissors, but one player wins on 2/3 choices (sniper) while the other only wins if he get that 1/3.

By the time a player sweeps the forest, gets a good view, and scouts the massive area that a sniper could be in, a sniper could just as easily setup in the other 200 square meter forest from logging in. By the time you've checked that area, the place you just checked is already camped. So you spend all your time checking and scouting, wasting food and water. It's super, SUPER easy for a sniper to setup, and it's nearly impossible to counter them. This is even calculating knowing/assuming someone is there, don't even begin about already being in town and they run unharmed through the woods to setup in minutes.

I will say this though: You're suggesting that shooting sends players into the shock status that getting shot/hit causes. That I like, we just have to take it one step further.

DCing is no cheaper than sniping' date=' they both render the player untouchable and immune to any form of consequence to their actions.

The only difference is that one is considered an exploit and the other is supposedly the only way "real men" (I.E. Deathmatchers) play. So while DCing should be fixed, it's really a double standard to call it cheap in comparison to long range sniping. They both accomplish the same general goals (total security)

[/quote']

I've killed so many snipers I've lost count.

Maybe from the persepective of the scrub getting insta-killed with no idea what just happened it sucks, but you shouldn't lower the skill ceiling for bad players.

They won't be lowering the skill ceiling in this mod.

Rocket has made that clear 99999 times.

To him this is his artistic impression -- not a mega selling cash whore series designed to sell to the mainstream like hot cakes.

Can't people understand that?