oDesigns

BaseBuilding and Base Raiding

Hello I’m a big fan of DayZ and I love the game I play on console but theirs a problem that unfortunately I’m not happy with which is the base building and base raiding. 

First of I feel like base building for console should be we could be build in any terrain we want and set up our tens where want like even inside in an apartment. I’m sure a lot of player would love this feature. Also it would be nice to see some new base supply materials like sand bags or something that would make our base more hard to raid. 

Then you got the base raiding it would also good when you guys release the map you would make base raiding little harder by adding more time for breaking down a layer of a wall because after it’s hard looking for nails then having to spend hours looking for loot building cars then have it a get rid of in like 10-20 minutes because it takes less than a minutes to get into your walls. 

If you guys are going to be selling that new map which you will and I will buy I hope you fix base raiding at least for console. 

15 minutes ago, oDesigns said:

Hello I’m a big fan of DayZ and I love the game I play on console but theirs a problem that unfortunately I’m not happy with which is the base building and base raiding. 

First of I feel like base building for console should be we could be build in any terrain we want and set up our tens where want like even inside in an apartment. I’m sure a lot of player would love this feature. Also it would be nice to see some new base supply materials like sand bags or something that would make our base more hard to raid. 

Then you got the base raiding it would also good when you guys release the map you would make base raiding little harder by adding more time for breaking down a layer of a wall because after it’s hard looking for nails then having to spend hours looking for loot building cars then have it a get rid of in like 10-20 minutes because it takes less than a minutes to get into your walls. 

If you guys are going to be selling that new map which you will and I will buy I hope you fix base raiding at least for console. 

Base Building and everything with it is currently a placeholder waiting for an overhaul at a later date... probably year 2020 imma guess it will be either summer or around this time next year 🙂

I suppose it also depends on the layers of the wall and other obstacles. I've broke into bases which have multiple wall layers, so many that I've worn my axe out trying to get in. One single wall isn't going to stop someone getting in. Why would it, it's just wood and a few nails. Not a steel reinforced concrete wall.

I agree , I'm also dissatisfied with base building and raiding at its current state. 
you could throw up a slew of walls, And its nothing to knock down, takes way more
effort building walls and fences, Than to knock them down
might as well not even have locks on them so they don't ruin the fence 

its kinda silly , It should take more effort to take down player built bases 

I learned unless you just building them for fun, They aren't very useful on console
because you could play for 8 hours, go to sleep wake up and within the time you were
away anyone and everyone could have hit it up. 

Raided a couple of bases, 

And I notice once you hit , The owners become demoralized and you may never see them again, 
I think the time to break locks and walls should be upped I mean If it takes a guy 60 seconds or 1 hour 
They will still get in while you are away but at least it makes them put in effort, 

Putting up walls and stuff takes a time, Finding an axe is Virtually the easiest thing one can do. 

• Like 2

Trust me, when breaking into a base sometimes the time it takes feels like an eternity. It's really unsettling using an axe to break down a wall, which sounds incredibly loud whilst looking all around you for the home owners to turn up.

To me it feels about right. I dont think I'd want it making longer. I believe more intelligent base design is the main defence of a base. I recently went to a base where the front gate was the only way in, as it was inside an apartment block. The problem was, the gate hinge was glitched through the wall so there was no way to cut the lock and open the gate. I'm guessing the owners leave a player on the inside to let friends in when they need to get in.

We did break in, twice over two days. By day 3, I ran one of my spare characters up to the base and logged him out inside the base to let me in from the inside.

Do I feel bad about base raiding? Hell no. I understand people put a lot of work into the build, but they also horde lots of good loot including rare guns. So to me, they're as bad a dupers and deserve to lose their loot.

I don’t understand how z’s can climb things we can’t and vice versa?? Strange

Well you could also argue how are the dead still walking, when all live creatures rely on a complex system of consuming various universal elements in order to fuel their cells, bodies and minds into moving, thinking and performing bodily functions.

Whilst the thought of dead zombies is fun for games and film, its pretty much an impossibility that could never happen.

On 11/23/2019 at 11:38 AM, Dodd54 said:

I don’t understand how z’s can climb things we can’t and vice versa?? Strange

Completely agree.  Im glad they introduced the climbing mechanics they did but still think it needs to be fine tuned. Z's should be limited to at least what players are. 

I haven't seen z's climb trees.

I've climbed a tree. Have you guys?

• Like 1

Yeah I was up a tree yesterday to avoid a load of Z's. To top it off two guys appeared across the field and got the Z's attention and were last seen legging it over the horizon with me jumping onto the roof of a shed and off across the field in a different direction. Use trees quite often for sniping as well.

I dont know how to describe them, the apple trees I've climbed, but zero cover and often fall straight back out. Theres also some large trunk trees which have multiple branches coming out but are very hard to get into. It's hard but possible to get into. Sadly you can't get far up the tree as I dont think you're meant to be able to get in them at all.