dexic

How to empty plastic bottles to fill them with safe water? Cook water with meat to make it safe? PS4 V1.05

Dear Survivors,

since V1.05, I have the problem, that I can't empty the plastic bottles that I find on my way. My goal is preventing a disease by emptying the bottle and filling it up with clean water. Diseases have killed me so often ...

I have tried to look at my feet and hopefully empty the bottle with R2, but this doesn't work. As far as I remember, this has been working in V1.04, right?

Is there any other workaround, except emptying them into barrels? I feel that barrels are not easy to be found since they are being used as storage for hoarding stuff in bases.

And does cooking water in a pot still work to make it safe? Does it even work, when you cook meat with it?

Thank you very much in advance and see you on the field!

dexic

Edited by dexic
added V1.05 in heading
  • Beans 1

I had a similar issue when I first tried but I think it was due to the ground I was on.  

I believe you need to be on a dirt, grass or similar surface (looking down) for the action to be displayed.  I still run into this once in a while so I have to be careful to check that the action is available so I don't accidentally drink the contents.

If you haven't already, I would try looking down and moving over different surfaces. 

As for boiling water for purification, I've heard mixed things about it but never tried it myself.  I either use chlorine tablets or clean sources.

• Like 2

Agreed, it all sounds a bit too much like hard work to me.

Just use chlorine tablets. They're easily accessible all over the map and very common. Use once on the bottle and then refill at village water wells for unlimited free hydration. I never have a problem with disease now except every now and then I seem to get a disease from the village wells. Then a quick antibiotic sorts that out too.

Thank you for your replies! 🙂

I have found out, that it really was the ground on which you stand, that makes it possible to empty out a bottle. Outside a house on the green, right. Didn't check it on the streets in a city though.

I have tried to purify water by desinfection with alcohol - works! Next try: Boil something in water and drink the water. What the fuck - I will die anyway. 😁

Cheers!

• Like 1

Like I said, chlorine tablets, works 100% of the time and takes a second to combine. Nothing beats it.

9 hours ago, dexic said:

Thank you for your replies! 🙂

I have found out, that it really was the ground on which you stand, that makes it possible to empty out a bottle. Outside a house on the green, right. Didn't check it on the streets in a city though.

I have tried to purify water by desinfection with alcohol - works! Next try: Boil something in water and drink the water. What the fuck - I will die anyway. 😁

Cheers!

Glad to hear it worked out for you.  I had no clue either until someone pointed it out to me.  

I've never had a problem drawing clean water from a well.  When using unoure sources I will use chlorine tablets or even accept the hit if it's a life & death scenario especially if I have antibiotics on hand.  Hospitals are usually some of the first buildings I try to search to obtain chlorine tablets and antibiotics.

To be honest, I haven't caught an infection in a very long time.  I also stopped drinking water from my hands to see if that could have been a possibility.  Now I just use containers and take water onlty from wells. 

Not sure I would even go out of my way to boil water in this game but it would be interesting to see how it works out for you.  Usually by the time I have the items to do something like that, I already have plenty of sodas, watecontainersrs and already visited a clean water source.    

Good news!
I have boiled some stuff with a pot with about 80% of water (after boiling twice before). The water tastes like shit, but I didn't get any infection. It seems, that you can leave the cooked stuff inside the pot, carry it all with you and drink from the pot. 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, etaab said:

Like I said, chlorine tablets, works 100% of the time and takes a second to combine. Nothing beats it. 

Yes, you are right! I am about 3 days into the game and haven't come across chlorine tablets. So:
- Boiling water in a pot
- emptying bottles and filling them up at a well
- desinfection with (a) chlorine tablets, (b) alcohol or (c) desinfectant
seem to work perfect.

In my opinion it shouldn’t matter on which ground are you on, you should always be able to empty it.

14 hours ago, Smexhyyy said:

In my opinion it shouldn’t matter on which ground are you on, you should always be able to empty it.

I agree and not really sure why it is that way.  .....but it doesn't surprise me.

Either way, I'll gladly take this over some of these other bugs, glitches and workarounds I have to put up with. 

• Beans 1