dexic

Combine function in quickslot menu?

Dear Survivors,

I am trying to use the "combine" function in the quickslot menu. I want to hold an item in my hands and cut it with my knife to make rags. So I have put this item in my hands and then I chose the knife from the quickslot menu end pressed the circle button. But: No R2-function appeared to make rags.

What went wrong?

Thanks in advance!

dexic

• Like 1

Hey bud!  Drop the item on the ground and hold knife in hands to get to the crafting options.  This method will always work, where sometimes, the combine function may not do what you intend.

• Like 1

Yeah, I find sometimes things work and sometimes they don't.  .....or they work better / more consistently some ways than others.  .....or they should work certain ways but simply don't.  

Frustrating to say the least.

You can combine from the quick select wheel ? I didn't know this was even a thing!

@etaab: Yes, there is a function on the PS4. If you open the quickslot menu, you can press the circle button to combine something. It just doesn't seem to work properly. Perhaps it is just for magazines to feed them into weapons, this might be a point. But as I usually use a rifle, an SMG, a pistol and a knife on a pretty lean character, there is no space for a magazine any more.
And since they have fucked up the reload mechanism [triangle] for magazines in 1.05, every magazine has to be fed into the weapon through the menu, otherwise it would jam and the player would need to log out and log in again, which is frustrating.

I see. I dont put magazines on the quick select wheel. I reload by going into my inventory unless in a gunfight, where I'll risk the gun jam glitch by holding triangle.

Does it work on anything else or just mags with guns ?

It seems not to really work. I guess, that it is some kind of bug or intended function which is not fully implemented, while they have assigned the button on the screen.