-Greenie-

Jitters

I started playing DayZ at the start of the mod, been using Track-IR pretty much from the early days.

Currently on the stand alone i get jittering with slow speed track-IR head movements. YouTube link to capture I took https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQc9Pzo1hO8
It has stayed even after a fresh machine build, new mb, ram, card etc
Machine is Z390 MB, i9 9900K, 32GB ram, RTX2080Ti. Asus 144hz G-ysync PB279Q, NO OVERCLOCKING
Tried replacing mouse, keyboard, tried fixed 60hz, tried 10980p monitor, tried G-sync on and off, all Nvidia settings are default
Does it on public and private DayZ servers
Replaced trackir unit with a new one yesterday, fault still there

New Livonia map does it too.

Pulling my hair out now.

ARMA 3 doesn't do it..perfectly smooth there

Love this game..love Track-IR

Tried feedback tracker, no communication there

Cheers

Greenie
New Zealand

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Greenie- said:

I started playing DayZ at the start of the mod, been using Track-IR pretty much from the early days.

Currently on the stand alone i get jittering with slow speed track-IR head movements. YouTube link to capture I took https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQc9Pzo1hO8
It has stayed even after a fresh machine build, new mb, ram, card etc
Machine is Z390 MB, i9 9900K, 32GB ram, RTX2080Ti. Asus 144hz G-ysync PB279Q, NO OVERCLOCKING
Tried replacing mouse, keyboard, tried fixed 60hz, tried 10980p monitor, tried G-sync on and off, all Nvidia settings are default
Does it on public and private DayZ servers
Replaced trackir unit with a new one yesterday, fault still there

New Livonia map does it too.

Pulling my hair out now.

ARMA 3 doesn't do it..perfectly smooth there

Love this game..love Track-IR

Tried feedback tracker, no communication there

Cheers

Greenie
New Zealand

I haven't tried this myself, so use at your own discretion, but this mod apparently smooths out jitters related to varying frequencies between TIR and games...

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Special_K

It looks like a low resolution of mouse sensor. If you set 200dpi on your mouse you will see something like this. It's bug and i am really waiting a fix from BI.

Edited by SYBER1AN

9 hours ago, -Greenie- said:

This is a curious thing, my friend who also uses track ir has jitter issues to the point that he stopped using it altogether because the headshake was too much. I on the other hand have no issues like this, but my tracking regularly freezes in the vertical axis and it take a few seconds to move again. It is definitely much less refined than it used to be. Shame since this game was basically the tech demo for TrackIR, back in the day. Track IR does get noticeably jittery of course with performance drops. 

I'm using this profile for the curves, with  speed 1,5 and smooth 10 https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/250466/
Though it did help my friend a little, it did not solve his issues. The "fault" still maybe at least partially in some settings of your HW but I'd say the main issue is with the implementation in the game. For example, looking through scopes in your hands with trackir is borderline unusable. Movement of the scope is controlled by head movement and there it jitters and flies all over the place. So yeah, bad implementation overall.

Edited by William Sternritter

i have stopped using TIR with the game, it is too jittery.

I wonder if a higher 2000 hertz polling rate mouse would make any difference?

Such a shame, I'm sure BI could fix it if they tried...I would PAY MONEY FOR TECH TIME to get this fixed BI.

Pretty please, can I get a favour BI, from a first day KIWI DayZ Mod player? Man I even got my 75 year old dad playing it! 🙂

Cheers

Greenie
New Zealand

Edited by -Greenie-
mistake

8 hours ago, -Greenie- said:

BI???

They don't really answer on here anymore...it's rare anyway...put in a bug tracker for this if you want responses from BI.

You are not alone. I use Track ir5 with the Track pro clip, and not only do I get some jitters it will randomly get stuck when I grab my axe ( for Zombie dispatching ) the view will change to an of center angle. I also have an issue where the X or Y axis will stop working. I never had these issues with Arma 2 or 3. The suggestion from Natural Point is to disable the mouse movement. I am about to try that but, movement and look are both connected to the mouse so will that mean I can no longer use the mouse to change my movement?

• Beans 1