FirefighterSFVFD_1

Loot Economy Possibly Messed up on PS4

I've been playing DayZ on the same server for a pretty extensive time period as of right now and over the past few weeks the loot has become very scarce. I am fully aware that KA-M's and M4's along with other AK variants are supposed to be rare weapons which I understand and have no problem with. However, since the 1.05 update it was nothing to walk into a barracks and NWAF, Troitskoe, and occasionally Tisy and come out with a KAS-74U or maybe even two. It's been very easy to find the new AK's, however over this past week it seems every weapon has become extremely rare to find including Glocks and the new AK. My group and I have been to Troitskoe, and NWAF a ton over this past week and half the time the barracks are completely empty or very low on loot. We've seen multiple times after going to NWAF and Troitskoe that things have been thrown outside the barracks and tents which seems to be a sign of someone loot cycling the area, and we've been wondering if there is any possibility of Loot Cycling having an impact on spawns as a whole. We can go to multiple military installations across the map and maybe find a Plate Carrier and Tactical Helmet and if we get really lucky an SKS or a AKS. Tonight when my group and I went to NWAF right after a server reset and the lobby was empty (As it remains on Low Populated for the majority of the night and occasionally the day as well) there was a Kitchen Knife and a Hunters Backpack spawned inside the barracks which I personally have never seen before. I was really curious to know if anyone else has been encountering these issues or even seen such low tier loot spawn in a Military Base such as NWAF.  

Edited by FirefighterSFVFD_1
Grammar

I have noticed and also alot others. There is a another post just up about this. Ammo is very hard to find.  Also I have noticed there isn't as much food and water available than before. The trees do not spawn as much as they used to and if they do the food is rotten. I just think they wanted to make the game more difficult.

Edited by Guest

i've been playing since 20th september, so never had the "golden age loot pre duplers", never had better weapon than usg or mosin, for me was normal.

with the patch 1.05 i found many new weapons, but with the passing of days , very scarce as you told

in my opinion the problem is not only dupers but also stashing and digging items: i have 5 digged weapons that for sure nobody will discover: the map is way too large and have hundreds "blank place" where a player hardly walks in.

there is no limit , i could have more stash, so more and more weapons......think is everyone hides 15 or more weapons, in a loot economy where weapons are limited this is a DISASTER.

i'm still hiding and digging items (too helpful if you play without friends) but for me this is a dangerous plague as dupe ones.

Yeah. I've got a guy in my server that I know for sure is hoarding things around Troitskoe area but I have no clue where because he's burrying them somewhere up there. I've walked around in the woods but nothing. I know he has an M4, A KA-M, and like 6 KAS-74U's along with Tundras. I asked him to trade the M4 for the AK-M I have and he's like "No" and I was like "How about a KA-74 for that Tundra" and he's like "If I find another Tundra i'll give it to you". He messaged me shortly after and said he had another Tundra and still won't give it to me. I'm trying to set him up anyways because he's been doing this and he has a base on other servers from what he says where he's been burrying things as well. I mean, I just don't understand what's going on at this point it's just ridiculous and not to mention the fact we still have Blue Screens but PC has the crashes fixed already. It's kinda insane and they don't even wanna recognize the problems although console players paid the same $50 PC players did for an incomplete game. I really like this game but the lack of communication for console players and then the community of it just kinda ruins it. I've also noticed it's extremely rare to find a Heli Crash and if I do find one it has really trash gear on it and maybe a mag if your lucky. Land Mines don't seem to work since patch 1.05 for me as I can't place them down as well, not sure if you've experienced that problem or if it's just me. 

Edited by FirefighterSFVFD_1

56 minutes ago, FirefighterSFVFD_1 said:

Yeah. I've got a guy in my server that I know for sure is hoarding things around Troitskoe area but I have no clue where because he's burrying them somewhere up there. I've walked around in the woods but nothing. I know he has an M4, A KA-M, and like 6 KAS-74U's along with Tundras. I asked him to trade the M4 for the AK-M I have and he's like "No" and I was like "How about a KA-74 for that Tundra" and he's like "If I find another Tundra i'll give it to you". He messaged me shortly after and said he had another Tundra and still won't give it to me. I'm trying to set him up anyways because he's been doing this and he has a base on other servers from what he says where he's been burrying things as well. I mean, I just don't understand what's going on at this point it's just ridiculous and not to mention the fact we still have Blue Screens but PC has the crashes fixed already. It's kinda insane and they don't even wanna recognize the problems although console players paid the same $50 PC players did for an incomplete game. I really like this game but the lack of communication for console players and then the community of it just kinda ruins it. I've also noticed it's extremely rare to find a Heli Crash and if I do find one it has really trash gear on it and maybe a mag if your lucky. Land Mines don't seem to work since patch 1.05 for me as I can't place them down as well, not sure if you've experienced that problem or if it's just me. 

you were in a position to ask the guy to trade, wow.  Well with a lot of loot and such what I learned is people also have multiple accounts. So some people have an account to fool around on and other accounts that hold loot and also some people pull loot from one server and take it to the next, One Low pop server I was on for a while had no guns at any milbase at any given time that wasn't a fx45. 

Loot table is probably ruined though, I wouldn't sweat it too hard. 

Yeah, I was in the position to attempt and trade with him but he won't trade anything what so ever. He just hides things away in the woods and never even uses them. I've killed him three times and he never even carries the guns, he just hides them away. He tries to KOS and has shot at me and my buddies first every single time i've killed him, and i've traded with other people in the server who is actually trust worthy but i'm not trusting someone who shoots at you and then acts like if they knew it was you they would've talked. He's done the same thing three times and apparently just hoards things on other servers as well, just a major d*ck.

I'm as guilty as him when it comes to burying loot. I've got a few back up guns buried as well as a spare ghillie, food, tools and supplies.

Hell, for every active player base we discover we usually bury a hacksaw, pliers, splitting axe and duct tape within 200m so we're always ready to break in when the time is right.

I've even got a dry bags buried on my server full of duct tape, lockpicks, leather repair kits, magazines for every gun there is and car parts.

Surely the idea of burying loot is part of the survival experience. And yes, I've multiple accounts, a main, a secondary and a back up "mule" I use to carry loot across the map whilst my main character stays at its tactical location.

I think I'm just well organised and using the full potential of what's possible rather than damaging the game.

I mean personally, I find it damaging to the game as the Loot Economy just doesn't work with that type of playstyle and it just makes the game unplayable and kinda ruins the point of survival. If this game would spawn more top tier battle rifles or just more of every weapon in general I wouldn't have a problem with people burrying so much stuff but that's not the case and obviously the devs don't wanna change that although it's been something people have complained about for a long time. Another thing they could maybe put to a stop if they just turned the loot spawns up is these kids duping and ruining the weapon spawns. This game at it's current state on PS4 is almost unplayable and the devs still aren't being vocal about it what so ever which to me is very disappointing as I believe this game could be absolutely great if they just got on top of these bugs and honestly at this point mainly just the Blue Screen issue on PS4. 

Well, the items I stash i don't believe are limited by quantity. So I don't believe they're damaging the game.

Yes I've got some guns buried, but only a couple of rare ones, mainly KA guns. I have SGK, USG, Tundra and Mosin guns mostly buried. I just like the idea of being able to gear up quickly after losing a character.