Sign in to follow this  
calabacin2

Weird Map Locations

Will you make any more changes to Chernarus? Because some locations look odd. The industrial zone at Novodmitrovsk for example, where are the walls surrounding the place? It looks like some dude placed random buildings in the middle of nowhere, and when you prepare the zone to build an industrial factory (irl), the workers at least flat the ground.

Don't get me wrong, the game is amazing and the map is beautiful but the guy in charge of the map needs to know some basic things about construction.

I could describe many more locations but I know the devs are not going to fix them.

What location looks weird to you?

I agree with you about some of the industrial areas.  As for me, I've always thought there should have been more use of the vast amount of sea/ocean in the game.  The shipwreck at Rify, for example, should maybe be further out to sea and submerged with some high-end loot at the bottom that you have to swim for.  I know most people don't bother swimming to Skalisty and/or the Prison Islands anymore, but a few more islands or objects not far from the coastlines (like maybe 100-200m offshore) would create some interesting and risky loot locations.

Having said all that though, I'd actually rather have them developing different maps.  Livonia will be interesting at first, but I think is going to have a very similar look and feel to Chernarus, just that much smaller.  Namalsk I think will be one that'll be a bit more different, so I'm looking forward to that.

What would be really nice is a different setting altogether, including a completely new set of all buildings in a new location, perhaps just a very large city and surrounding area, something like how GTA does it with Los Santos based on Los Angeles and its surrounding hills.  I'm completely biased because I live here, but an area such as Vancouver, Canada that has multiple cities, some connected by bridges, four seasons of weather, plus a large island not far to the west that we could travel to.  This would, ahem, of course, *cough* mean we'd need them to develop either a helicopter or a boat to get there!  So I guess, scratch that idea!  😋

As for changing Chernarus though, I don't think the devs should work on that.  At this point, it is what it is.  I think a brand new map for DayZ would be better.

This construction site maybe one odity, but they made quite a few wonderful additions and changes to the map lately. It would be great to have all three Chernarus regions. That way perhaps cars and other vehicles would make much more sense. 

• Confused 1