public server : 9299

little town east of NWFA airport, grishino, i go in the first house to logout and it lies on bed , and it has magazine indeed ;)

against zombies is quite good, little noise shot attract few enemies, my favourite pistols

• Like 1

I need to start rummaging through houses again.

Once I get kitted, I usually stop bothering with homes and police stations for the most part but the new weapons that spawn there now, it kind of makes that worth doing any time.  

Found one yesterday, no clip however.  Was still excited as hell.  Is the .22LR ammo rather scarce so far in your experiences?

in the west city map you should find plenty of them, but beware, don't expect to kill everyone in perfect silence, noise is lower but always noise 

Edited by supernick
  • Thanks 1

can't fix them in some way? dutch or leather sewing kit? if possible use military boots (all types are good), bleeding now is a dangerous enemy 

In Dayz mod, bleeding was always an issue. A lot of people have got used to a bleed meaning very little, now they're back to how they're meant to be, eg life threatening, everyone needs to learn how to look after themselves better as the game is now harder than ever.

59 minutes ago, supernick said:

can't fix them in some way? dutch or leather sewing kit? if possible use military boots (all types are good), bleeding now is a dangerous enemy 

.....or my personal favorite, duct tape.  😉

Yeah, the tweaks to bleeding, sickness, etc. have really made the survival aspect of the game more challenging which normally I would applaud.  .....if it weren't for all the negative impacting bugs that already make some of our lives much more difficult in the game than it needs to be. 

If the inventory issues, mag glitches, no damage bug, freezes, lag spikes with cars, etc. were fixed, I could certainly appreciate things like the  difficulty increase of the bleeding mechanic much more than I do now. I think it makes the interaction with zombies more intense now as the risk of dying is certainly higher than it was if you make a mistake.

8 hours ago, Kean__1 said:

.....or my personal favorite, duct tape.  😉

Yeah, the tweaks to bleeding, sickness, etc. have really made the survival aspect of the game more challenging which normally I would applaud.  .....if it weren't for all the negative impacting bugs that already make some of our lives much more difficult in the game than it needs to be. 

If the inventory issues, mag glitches, no damage bug, freezes, lag spikes with cars, etc. were fixed, I could certainly appreciate things like the  difficulty increase of the bleeding mechanic much more than I do now. I think it makes the interaction with zombies more intense now as the risk of dying is certainly higher than it was if you make a mistake.

So true,

i almost bled out after a tangle with infected! i was lucky to close myself in a shed! and passed out 3times with my blood on empty and flashing! even after i had drunk a bottle of water, a soda can and had a can of beans! still passed out!

took forever for colour to come back (which is awsome!) i can get around the mag glitch by using a shotty or bolt action, but the game crashes are f#@%*ked

• Like 2

It is the collection of things that make it frustrating at the moment. I think we all don't mind learning to get your tabs for dodgy water and I am forever sewing my clothes back to worn and cleaning your guns. Until you just said I find plenty of Leather repair kits so I now realise I need to carry one but if I make it to a mil base I will always change boots if found. I still think bleeding needs turning down as some places are a long way from anywhere on the map. Since the update though I have been trouble free which is about 8 hours play. No blue screen, no lag, no unusual happenings.Got to find better hiding places for AFK moments So with both legs still in plaster and told to rest a full day today of a lot of hours in Console DayZ. I will keep you posted.

36 minutes ago, generalmayhem said:

I still think bleeding needs turning down as some places are a long way from anywhere on the map.

Always have full stack of rags or sewing kits on you and on fast access circle.

• Like 2

I would like to see the wear rate of shoes be about 33% less quick.  Pristine boots (hiking or military) will be damaged after about 8-10km depending on the terrain and rate of travel. Once you repair from Damaged to Worn, it still only takes a click or so before they go back to Damaged state.  This could use some re-balancing.

22 hours ago, supernick said:

in the west city map you should find plenty of them, but beware, don't expect to kill everyone in perfect silence, noise is lower but always noise 

Suppressed, not Silent, is a key distinction!  The movies have blown this non-sense fiction out of proportion, my man.  I've commented on this before somewhere in the forums, but a suppressor in real life gun-firing only reduces the sound approximately 10-35%, depending on your hardware of course.  A suppressor simply makes the gun safer for the user by reducing damaging decibel thresholds, it doesn't make your gun go "tfff" like some shadow assassin. 

Good advice here, supernick!

Well 8 hrs yesterday. No crashes, No Blue Screens, No invisible Zombies, No Glitches and plenty of stuff found. Changed boots twice as found new Pristine ones and no problem in 8 hrs. Spent plenty of time running to the sound of shots to find the instigators long gone and lots of dead zombies. Found quite a few tents well stocked around and about by travelling some more indirect routes.Found a few bases for future referance. For me though still some bad bits that need tweeks in settings. No drinks on coast again, dry bags boonie hats, torches, netting a plenty so I head to a well and am red health drink when I get there. Drink up and having no drink bottle as I have just spawned in proceed back along the coast as I surely will find drink. Nope none on coast none in houses, just make it to another well on full empty red drink and two arrow down red health. I had spawned in with an apple and some rags. On the journey from well to well I found no fruit and one can of fish to eat so am also red food. Somehow I got through but in future I will suicide rather than chase my tail. Not enjoyable surely we should stand a fair chance as a new spawn. Also the reason I died to have to respawn was not enjoyable and maybe I have mis interprated this but getting ill from poor water is countered by taking Codeine Tablets is that correct. I found two packs and four hours in got ill from needing to drink from a stream. Tablets had no effect so have I got this wrong. Died within three minutes. Now I like the way the game is going with having to plan your adventure rather than just spawn in and kill everything that moves without much thought but as a relative Noob to Console DayZ It still leaves me a little perplexed right when you don't need it. One final question In real life at night you can see pretty much plenty around you yet in game its just like looking at an open tin of black paint. the servers empty a lot when night comes. Surely this is a negative effect to the game in general or doe's the game need Low Pop at times for admin or logistical purpose. Another day in DayZ.

Edited by generalmayhem
poor spelling and repeat message

35 minutes ago, generalmayhem said:

No drinks on coast again, dry bags boonie hats, torches, netting a plenty so I head to a well and am red health drink when I get there. Drink up and having no drink bottle as I have just spawned in proceed back along the coast as I surely will find drink. Nope none on coast none in houses, just make it to another well on full empty red drink and two arrow down red health. I had spawned in with an apple and some rags. On the journey from well to well I found no fruit and one can of fish to eat so am also red food. Somehow I got through but in future I will suicide rather than chase my tail. Not enjoyable surely we should stand a fair chance as a new spawn. Also the reason I died to have to respawn was not enjoyable and maybe I have mis interprated this but getting ill from poor water is countered by taking Codeine Tablets is that correct.

Some advice:

• Do not stop drinking when the water symbol goes white. All that means is you are only just out of danger - keep drinking until your stomach is full (you'll see a weird stomach symbol). Be careful so you don't drink too much and puke everything up though. Then wait a few minutes and drink your stomach full again. Repeat this a few times and your character will be fully hydrated, meaning you can run for an hour before needing to drink again.
  • Same goes for food. The best container for food is your stomach. Eat everything you find when you find it and you'll build up an energy reservoir that will last for hours without refilling. 
  • Canned food is emergency food, the most reliable food sources walk on four legs. Hunt and thrive - but don't forget to cook the meat or you'll get sick.
  • Codeine pills do nothing against cholera (the disease you get from contaminated water). They are pain killers and will temporarily remove limping if you are injured, as well as helping against cold/flu.
  • Chlorine tablets will cleanse a water bottle or canteen, one for plastic bottles, two for canteens.
  • If you have become sick you need to stay hydrated, fed, warm and uninjured for your body to fight off the infection.
  • When you have cholera your stomach will be sensitive, you can only eat or drink very small amounts before vomiting - so do that but do it often so you keep yourself hydrated.
  • Tetracycline antibiotics will help overcome cholera and food poisoning quicker, eat one pill and take another one when the pill symbol disappears until the sickness is gone (or you're out of pills). Don't take more than one at a time, that has no effect other than wasting pills.
  • Multivitamins strengthen your immune system so any disease you have does not get worse as long as you are eating them (again, one at a time, take a new one when the pill symbol disappears). If you are otherwise fed and hydrated they will help you fight the disease and - most importantly - stop you from getting sick again.
  • You can stack vitamins, antibiotics and other pills. Only one symbol shows though.
  • Water bottles and canteens can have contaminated water in them. If you don't have chlorine tablets empty the water (look straight down at the ground to get the option), decontaminate them with alcohol and refill at a well.
  • If you have gutted an animal, clean your hands before eating or drinking anything!
Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2

thanks for the hints, yesterday my 4th character died for cholera.......if i know all you tell maybe i can save, some questions:

1) is there a way to know if the water bottle you found is ok? i mean, it is pristine full at 100% and still can be dangerous?

2) cholera go away with passing time? if i have no medicines, i have hope if i sustain with little food/water at time or i must go to hospital as soon as possible?

3) i found a water bottle, i pour on ground and empty it, use alcol spray on it then refill via fountain, you sure i'm safe? 

sorry for all questions but now i'm scared, water bottle is become more dangerous than atomic bomb 

Edited by supernick

1 hour ago, supernick said:

thanks for the hints, yesterday my 4th character died for cholera.......if i know all you tell maybe i can save, some questions:

1) is there a way to know if the water bottle you found is ok? i mean, it is pristine full at 100% and still can be dangerous?

2) cholera go away with passing time? if i have no medicines, i have hope if i sustain with little food/water at time or i must go to hospital as soon as possible?

3) i found a water bottle, i pour on ground and empty it, use alcol spray on it then refill via fountain, you sure i'm safe? 

sorry for all questions but now i'm scared, water bottle is become more dangerous than atomic bomb 

1) No. Them nasty germs are invisible. If you don't have chlorine tablets best bet is to empty and disinfect the bottle and refill it at a well. Wells are always clean while all other water sources (ponds, streams, lakes, swamps) contain cholera to some extent. Some are worse than others, if you are in top health you can drink stream water without getting sick.

2) Yes. If you keep drinking and eating small amounts so you do not provoke vomiting - you will need to learn the limit by trial and error - and avoid drinking more dirty water, eventually your body will fight off the sickness. It can take a lot of time though, especially if you are fighting zombies or getting cold in the rain and so on. It is basically a fight between the characters immune system and the germs, and the immune system is lowered by several factors such as thirst, hunger, cold and injuries.

3) Yes, that bottle should now be safe!

Well it sounds like you picked a good server if you got no crashing or blue screening. I'm having the same, the game is very stable for me at the moment.

If you can't find anything by running on the beach, it means you're probably following someone who is doing the same. I usually always run with the beach on my right, so I always end up in the north. The beaches around the north east coast are usually full of food and drinks, by the time you reach the most northerly village of Berezkhi you'll have tons of supplies and can start heading inland.

The best thing to do is find a water bottle, or military canteen. I always carry two or three on me and never run out of drinks and theres always a well in a village you can top up from.

I would also suggest you eat all your food you find until you're full. Then carry two cans of beans, bacon, peaches etc. They'll last you a good few hours of game time.

I do disagree though that hunting animals is the best. For me it isn't, first you have to find the animal, then kill it, skin it before then looking for supplies to cook it. That's too much fooling around for me. I'd rather just keep a knife on me and use it to open tinned food, requires virtually no preparation.

20 minutes ago, etaab said:

I do disagree though that hunting animals is the best. For me it isn't, first you have to find the animal, then kill it, skin it before then looking for supplies to cook it. That's too much fooling around for me. I'd rather just keep a knife on me and use it to open tinned food, requires virtually no preparation.

Whatever works for you is best for you friend!  As long as you find enough canned food to survive it is certainly easier, especially on servers with a lot of banditry and kos going on. However, cooked meat and vegetables give far more energy than canned food, so eating yourself full on baked wolf will last you longer than filling your stomach with soggy canned spaghetti, which makes sense. There's a bit of hassle to cook food - make a fire and bake it takes some time - but I kind of like messing with it and the quality of the food makes it worth it (unless the cooking fire attracts some psycho who blows your brains out over a slab of wolf meat).

• Like 1

Thats usually my concern. If I do that, I usually wait until night time and cook it in a fireplace of a house. Theres less people roaming around and I can lock myself in a house, therefore nobody can sneak up on me.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

1) No. Them nasty germs are invisible. If you don't have chlorine tablets best bet is to empty and disinfect the bottle and refill it at a well. Wells are always clean while all other water sources (ponds, streams, lakes, swamps) contain cholera to some extent. Some are worse than others, if you are in top health you can drink stream water without getting sick.

2) Yes. If you keep drinking and eating small amounts so you do not provoke vomiting - you will need to learn the limit by trial and error - and avoid drinking more dirty water, eventually your body will fight off the sickness. It can take a lot of time though, especially if you are fighting zombies or getting cold in the rain and so on. It is basically a fight between the characters immune system and the germs, and the immune system is lowered by several factors such as thirst, hunger, cold and injuries.

3) Yes, that bottle should now be safe!

i did as you told, 2 bottles water "purified" with spray, no problem, many thanks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, supernick said:

i did as you told, 2 bottles water "purified" with spray, no problem, many thanks.

You don’t  purify with spray. It’s tables.

Edit: when did people start purifying the bottle? It’s only the water, not the bottle. You can empty a jerry can of gas, fill it at a well, and drink without ever having to clean it. It’s the liquid, not the container. All you need is the chlorine tablets.

Edited by Pauperprince
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

mmmmh, if it is in the liquid, it is enough find water bottle, pour on the ground, fill with fountain water and safely drink, no need of your beloved tablets.

i don't think work in this way :)

Edited by supernick

It is probably enough, I've just been paranoid since diseases became a factor to consider!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supernick said:

mmmmh, if it is in the liquid, it is enough find water bottle, pour on the ground, fill with fountain water and safely drink, no need of your beloved tablets.

i don't think work in this way 🙂

You can’t just poor it on the ground 

Edit: I am clearly wasting my time here

Edited by Pauperprince

19 minutes ago, Pauperprince said:

You can’t just poor it on the ground 

Edit: I am clearly wasting my time here

Yes, you can. Hold the container in your hand and look straight down on the ground. You should get a prompt to empty the container. I’ve done it hundreds of times myself. 

Edit: Or did I misunderstand your statement? If so, I’ll apologise. 

Edited by bossefraise
  • Like 1