Craig Michael Dunbar

UPDATE 1.05 PS4!!!

Since doing update to game today was killed by dehydration even though I drank enough was going down quick just by crouching in corner. Also when i went back for my loot got killed by squad but heard no footsteps on there approach, anyone else have these problems?

Edited by Craig Michael Dunbar

We're you sick at the time?  .....did you have that little bacteria icon on your screen?  IIRC, you'll consume a lot more water when infected / sick now.  I logged on briefly and noticed the same thing. Simply resting I still had two "down arrows" on my water icon. 

Later tonight I'll need to find a hospital to get the antibiotics and other med items I need to try and cure myself.

11 minutes ago, Kean__1 said:

IIRC

I see this used often, Kean__1, but I'm living under this rock here....  What does that abbreviation stand for, good sir?

6 minutes ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

I see this used often, Kean__1, but I'm living under this rock here....  What does that abbreviation stand for, good sir?

"If I remember correctly".  ...and don't worry. Being over the half century mark myself I'm lucky to even know the few acronyms and abbreviations I do know that are used these days.  ....and here I was trying to be hip.  😉

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Craig Michael Dunbar said:

Kean_1

nah mate had no bacteria symbol at all, me and my mate both died with no symbol

Really?  That's not good.  I hope the same thing isn't happening with my character.

Maybe the water was poisoned? I've heard of some players poisoning the water supplies of people they meet and it killing them pretty quickly.

Edited by etaab

8 hours ago, etaab said:

Maybe the water was poisoned? I've heard of some players poisoning the water supplies of people they meet and it killing them pretty quickly.

He already said he didn't have any signs but aside from that, how would his water be contaminated by another player?  If he had been poisoned from drinking tainted water or someone he shouldn't have (gas, disinfectant, etc.), he would have been vomiting and seen one or more of the icons show up indicating a related problem.  

In my case, my character was already infected after drinking contaminated water.  My consumption is two arrows even at rest.  As for the OP, if he wasn't sick, I can only assume that his character save may have been glitched from the update or this is a new bug.  I've heard one other person complain about it o far but didn't really provide much in the way of details.  We'll just have to see how many others are affected and the circumstances in their cases.

btw OP, how is your new character's consumption now?

Well logged back in today after the 1: 05 update. Still no official UK servers as message I got was down 3-4 days while upgraded and transfered. Its been a week I think so i use a Official Dutch server as nearest to the UK and after being tagged by one Zombie like thity seconds later before I  could safely bandage all my blood was gone. Whats that about. Pressed respawn on the coast near Berinzino and no drink 12 boats later still no drink. Thankfully I found a well while red drink warning but twenty seconds later It was being bought back up and I died. Whats that about ?

The blood loss has been increased and from I understand, significantly. 

As for the water consumption, not sure.  ....and definitely don't know why you would die from thirst if your level was being brought back up.

How were your health and blood levels at the time?

btw OP, I logged in with my main character and was surprised to see I was infected.  ....I thought that character was clean. 

Either way, in this case my water loss seemed to be the same as normal (one down arrow) at rest unlike my other character which was two (also infected).

However, this time I had antibiotics.  3-4 pills later the infection was gone and water consumption remained normal.

......although the inventory bug seems to still perisist as I just lost my fully equipped M4 in the trunk. It's stuck no matter how I try to get it out. These things sometimes unstick eventually while other times they don't. I was kind of hyped that may have fixed this problem but apparently not.

Kean_1

since dying and being fresh spawn it seems to be ok i think not sure on the water effects since update on how quick it is meant to reduce etc in regards to the health and blood loss all my symbols were white and maxed.. with the water it was maxed when i de spawned before update stayed the same once i logged in after update, then about 2 mins in my water had 3 bars down and reduced rapidly, i had 3 full bottles of water and 2 canteens of water which were treated to remove any contamination so thought nothing of it but consumed them all had no effect not sick in any way (for over consuming) the bar just dropped with no increase after consuming. Who knows 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ But ohh well lost all of that gotta start from scratch

55 minutes ago, Craig Michael Dunbar said:

Quick question aswell how do i directly reply to post on here? First time using the forum. TIA

"Quote"

1 hour ago, Kean__1 said:

The blood loss has been increased and from I understand, significantly. 

As for the water consumption, not sure.  ....and definitely don't know why you would die from thirst if your level was being brought back up.

How were your health and blood levels at the time?

Surely you should have i drink in your inventory when you are a new spawn. Its the second time I have died from no drink could be found on the coast boats and my health was all white when I spawned full white except drink which was yellow Arrow down but the 12 boats I visited on the coast were loot of Boonie Hat Torch and dry packs with one sardines food which I ate as it briefly increased my liquid. The blood loss was literally full white health and blood to bleed out in thirty seconds which is rediculous.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Craig Michael Dunbar said:

Kean_1

since dying and being fresh spawn it seems to be ok i think not sure on the water effects since update on how quick it is meant to reduce etc in regards to the health and blood loss all my symbols were white and maxed.. with the water it was maxed when i de spawned before update stayed the same once i logged in after update, then about 2 mins in my water had 3 bars down and reduced rapidly, i had 3 full bottles of water and 2 canteens of water which were treated to remove any contamination so thought nothing of it but consumed them all had no effect not sick in any way (for over consuming) the bar just dropped with no increase after consuming. Who knows 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ But ohh well lost all of that gotta start from scratch

Yeah, that's weird.

I discovered that I guess in my case (in regard to contamination) the water loss may have to do with just how sick the player is.  My main character was infected but expereince water loss not too far off from normal (one down arrow).  

I just found a hospital with my 2nd character who was losing water rapidly (2 down arrows).  On my first or second antibiotic pill the consumption went down to 1 arrow at rest instead of two just before it wore off.  On the 3rd pill, the contamination icon disappeared and everything is back to normal.   

Looks like as far as contamination goes, players are really going to have to make sure to prevent it from happening now or make sure to have antibiotics, etc.   .......or plenty of water.  😉 

4 minutes ago, generalmayhem said:

Surely you should have i drink in your inventory when you are a new spawn. Its the second time I have died from no drink could be found on the coast boats and my health was all white when I spawned full white except drink which was yellow Arrow down but the 12 boats I visited on the coast were loot of Boonie Hat Torch and dry packs with one sardines food which I ate as it briefly increased my liquid. The blood loss was literally full white health and blood to bleed out in thirty seconds which is rediculous.

Yeah, they got rid of the free drink in your inventory a while back, no?  I can't remember.  

Seems I have the same rotten luck at boats sometimes.  Now that we also don't have a knife when we spawn, I sometimes I seem to get just food cans I can't open until I find a tool.  lol   

Yeah the blood loss is pretty devastating now it seems.  ....although I though I saw that they tweaked that in the PC experimental servers to lessen the severity.  That was pretty recent though which could mean the version of the update we got still has the original change.  Maybe it will be tweaked for us as well in 1.06 if not sooner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, generalmayhem said:

Your gonna have to ether drink from a pond and risk getting sick or try to secure the nearest well water asap.

Edited by Deathlove

6 hours ago, Kean__1 said:

Either way, in this case my water loss seemed to be the same as normal (one down arrow) at rest unlike my other character which was two (also infected).

Fresh char on a wiped server and I do get 2 arrows down on water at rest. Is this server or local game config related? Anyway I feel like that there is something wrong since 1.05...

11 minutes ago, SillyJoe said:

Fresh char on a wiped server and I do get 2 arrows down on water at rest. Is this server or local game config related? Anyway I feel like that there is something wrong since 1.05...

No idea to be honest. Still trying to figure out the tweaks and changes as well as new bugs that are cropping up.

29 minutes ago, Kean__1 said:

No idea to be honest. Still trying to figure out the tweaks and changes as well as new bugs that are cropping up.

Try to pull a knife out of combat boots or a knife sheath and than put it back in (mag sound, lul)...

Imho BI's quality control is a joke and the devs are delivering sloppy work. They got my money but trust me I will remember this and I will avoid everything from BI in the future.

DayZ on PS4 is simply not playable right now with all the bluescreens. On top the still happening looting, visual and weapon bugs + new the exessive bleeding. Unplayable and unbalanced... I would be ashamed as the responsible dev!

On 10/4/2019 at 5:31 PM, SillyJoe said:

Try to pull a knife out of combat boots or a knife sheath and than put it back in (mag sound, lul)...

Imho BI's quality control is a joke and the devs are delivering sloppy work. They got my money but trust me I will remember this and I will avoid everything from BI in the future.

DayZ on PS4 is simply not playable right now with all the bluescreens. On top the still happening looting, visual and weapon bugs + new the exessive bleeding. Unplayable and unbalanced... I would be ashamed as the responsible dev!

Sounds more like the slide on a handgun but yeah, I chuckled the first time I heard it too.  

Yeah, I feel sorry for those with the crashes.  Been hearing more of these instances occurring.  Luckily (for me), the only similar issues I've had were when loading in usually within a bldg.  As textures are loading in the screen simply freezes.  I have to exit out of the game completely and try logging in again.  Usually works the 2nd time around.