EzyStriderPS4

Aim Assist???

This is a joke! Get this $#@& outta here. The reason to hate console shooters like CoD is because of this and only this reason. User-only input please with wireless squanch.

I have to agree, I was trying to headshot a zombie the other day and it kept pulling me over to the side because another zombie was near! Can't even turn it off.

Really?!! I believe you can disable it under options, it's next to look inversion in the controls tab. I hit disable and it seemed good.  This setting [ON] is a nightmare for trying to snipe at a specific spot long range when leading your shot, it will pull you "backward," or away from your lead direction.  Just non-sense catering to the crying.  BI, please, be not the sheep, lead the flock.

Glad to hear you can turn it off but sad to hear it's even a thing in this game. .....but perhaps the fact that it's proving unwieldy might be a good thing. 

I just hope it's not one of those mechanics that prove to be overpowered once people find ways to use it to their advantage because then those who don't choose AA will essentially be crippling themselves.  ....AA will then become the norm.

Not happy at all to hear that.  I didn't even know many people had asked for it to be honest, only more options to control sensitivity in aiming.

• Beans 1

I have to protest Dayz is not the game for aim assist. The reason I play this game is for the realism. Before it came out i played Red Dead Redemption 2 online. I hate auto aim games. They basically require no skill, they reward trolls and griefers because they're able to kill me, even if I'm the best player there is out there. Which isn't right.

Also, you're forced to have it turned on even if you don't want it, otherwise you're immediately at a disadvantage when you encounter any PVP player. Stupid decision BI !

Edited by etaab
  • Thanks 1

Seems like it was on before this update, and only for aiming Z, not other players, now you can turn it off.

1 hour ago, BodycountAU said:

Wait they added it? 

The only reason I know that is because look inversion is always reset when I log in, so I always have to switch it on. The two are listed next to each other in the controls tab.

7 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

Can you guys confirm that Aim assist doesn't work on actual players?

Want to test it out? get a friend or something and go stand near a zombie and Swing your melee weapon, then get a gun and try the same thing. I know melee has some sort of aim assist where you gravitate toward players melee, I know because I 've hit a people this way trying to hit zombies near them. 

15 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

Can you guys confirm that Aim assist doesn't work on actual players?

Hopefully, I'll be playing with my friend tonight on my server.  I'll test it out and report back if we do.  

• Thanks 2

@SillyJoe,

Sorry, while I got the chance to play a long session last night, it was solo.  My friend couldn't make it so I was unable to test the AA on real people.  The good news is that I was able to pretty well assess everything else in the new update.  .....although unfortunately, the old problems still persist it seems.

yeh AA should not been even in the game i have tested it and when u aim at the head it will keep moving u to the chest and hold it there 4 you!! also yes a lot of bugs still in the game but on a plus note the rendering is so much better i have round being able to run though the town with out all the lag etc.... im happy they have made it more playable finger crossed it gets better in coming months  

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 5:07 PM, Markyd said:

yeh AA should not been even in the game i have tested it and when u aim at the head it will keep moving u to the chest and hold it there 4 you!! also yes a lot of bugs still in the game but on a plus note the rendering is so much better i have round being able to run though the town with out all the lag etc.... im happy they have made it more playable finger crossed it gets better in coming months  

Can I ask the server pop?  I tested a 0 man 16 server, It was pretty smooth ish until I started driving but in a public server full/high pop, It was just lagging to bits 

On 10/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, Markyd said:

.....on a plus note the rendering is so much better i have round being able to run though the town with out all the lag etc.... im happy they have made it more playable finger crossed it gets better in coming months  

I've played a few sessions now since the update but haven't noticed an improvement to frame rate.  Mine wasn't ever really bad though and I'm also running the game on an external SSD drive which has helped me with other games in the regard as well.  If there was an improvement, maybe I'm just not seeing it because of that?

....but yeah, it's the same horrible lag and freezes once I get behind the wheel.  What's funny is that the game hardly lags as badly for passengers as they can usually see what's going on.  ....it's just the driver.  Make me wonder if the dash HUD or something unique to the drivers is at the root of the problem.  I mean, everyone in the car can see exactly what the driver sees in the gameworld otherwise.

11 hours ago, Anwah said:

Can I ask the server pop?  I tested a 0 man 16 server, It was pretty smooth ish until I started driving but in a public server full/high pop, It was just lagging to bits 

i only play high pop server so its always full or close too it, i have had the odd lag spike driving cars but if u keep to a low/mid speed i dont get much lag when taking time and not driving fast as u can.. but the lag and odd freeze 

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2019 at 11:44 AM, Kean__1 said:

...on an external SSD drive which has...

The D in SSD stands for drive. Had to bring out the Grammar Nazi on ya! I'm not trolling, not laughing at ya, dude. You know what's funny though? Shrimp Scampi any time someone says it. Scampi is the Italian word for shrimp. Bunch of folks out there just yelling "Shrimp, shrimp!" It's like, "Hey, I'll have your finest shrimp-shrimp tonight."

Anyways, you make an interesting query about the driver! Have you tried going down the same road at the same speed with a friend, having exchanged seats in parallel experiments? It would be interesting to compare it to some kind of control. I have never put a car together, so I've no experience. I hoof it everywhere, wearing away the world's most durable footwear at beguiling rates in the most extreme region of the world, the gnarly terrain of Chernarus. 

Not to get off topic here, but this post was about auto-aim. It would be nice to hear something from the team on this one. Hit me with some technical knowledge!

On 10/3/2019 at 9:59 PM, S.Kaneda said:

Seems like it was on before this update, and only for aiming Z, not other players, now you can turn it off.

I feel like it wasn't man. That's just me. I've always noticed the gun sway, but not AA. If they nerfed it, it's very noticeable with [ON] setting. 

Edit: I do play on the first person only servers, which are considered to be hardcore. Is that a real thing, and could AA be [OFF] in this situation?

Edited by EzyStriderPS4

It's not actually that bad. I tried it and barely noticed it against a player or my friend. The aim assist is very obvious at close range however, as your entire look will gravitate towards the centre of the mass of the enemy.

For example I raided a military checkpoint and set off the zombies, I usually climb onto the concrete road blocks and shoot them in the head as they stand growling below me. With aim assist on, as I tried to aim for head shots it fights against you to go for body shots.

8 hours ago, etaab said:

With aim assist on, as I tried to aim for head shots it fights against you to go for body shots.

That would annoy the heck out of me! Did you notice aim assist helping in PvP, aiming at other players?

To be honest I don't think it works against other players at all. Following my last reply, I asked my friend to stand still this time to test it. It did nothing, so it works on zombies only. It doesn't work on players or when shooting animals such as deer or pigs. Unless someone corrects me and shows it works.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

The D in SSD stands for drive. Had to bring out the Grammar Nazi on ya! I'm not trolling, not laughing at ya, dude. You know what's funny though? Shrimp Scampi any time someone says it. Scampi is the Italian word for shrimp. Bunch of folks out there just yelling "Shrimp, shrimp!" It's like, "Hey, I'll have your finest shrimp-shrimp tonight."

Anyways, you make an interesting query about the driver! Have you tried going down the same road at the same speed with a friend, having exchanged seats in parallel experiments? It would be interesting to compare it to some kind of control. I have never put a car together, so I've no experience. I hoof it everywhere, wearing away the world's most durable footwear at beguiling rates in the most extreme region of the world, the gnarly terrain of Chernarus. 

Yeah, no worries.  I can take a ribbing.  Besides, I'm old and not a lot really phases me.  😉  ....btw, it would be even more funny and embarrassing if you knew my background.  

Interesting thoughts on testing.  Might just do something like that if we get the mind to.   ....as well as the AA with other players.  If my buddy is on tonight, I'll test that for sure.

Edited by Kean__1