Sign in to follow this  
thesuggestionman

respawns and squads

The suggestions i have i believe would improve the game greatly.there needs to be a better way to squad up and find each other on the map quicker like spawning together or spawning close as possible with current spawn locations to your partner when applicable. say you are in Chernogorsk, your partner would spawn close by in Komarovo instead of Svetlojarsk. this would allow players to find each other much faster instead of having to run for hours to find each other just to play. The second suggestion i have is a crucial one, there needs to be a way to set a re-spawn point such as using a sleeping bag or something. i understand that this is a hardcore survival and that is perfectly fine, however if you or your partner die far away from the coast line it can take hours to get back to each other just to play. you can place a time on the sleeping bag so you can not respawn instantly make it like 5 minuets after you have died that way you cant just re-spawn at your base and get back into the fight right away to stop the raiders. Allow people to place down bags for each other as well, so if one dies but the other lives a bag can be placed down so you may continue playing together without spending hours walking just to meet up again. doing this does not break the hardcore survival and allows people to play together and not feel so punished for dying. I believe adding this feature and timer to the bag not only does it not break the spirit of the game but keeps the hardcore survival feel and allows for more players to come back and enjoy it with their friends. in its current state i feel punished for dying or punished for my friend dying just to have him take well over an hour or two just to run back to me so we can then start playing again. i believe this feature should be added as soon as possible as well, this feature would bring more players back into the community and game because they would be able to play with their friends much more, instead of having to wait for each other for long periods of time.

Edited by thesuggestionman

I already posted this on the steam suggestions but we basically are on the same page, heres what i suggested (ill just copy and paste it): 

The developers obviously care a lot about server hopping and spawning in bases, so heres a possible solution that is better than the extremely lazy and quickly thrown in one that is currently in the game.
Technically there is nothing wrong with spawning randomly, it even gives it more variety but the big issue is if you play with friends, especially with friends that are new to the game. 
So how about you make spawning areas, the map is already split in 4 different tiers so the Map can be split for different mechanics too, the map is big enough that the map can be split in 8-10 areas so:
If you disconnect in one area you get randomly respawned in this specific area so regrouping with mates isnt as hard. 

If you want to make this even less exploitable make it so you spawn in a city (randomly and random buildings) in those zones. 

The solution given by dorks and losers dont seem to be good enough. (hur dur just play on one server only, hur dur community servers will fix it)

Edited by GIULI_JIPPI_

1 hour ago, GIULI_JIPPI_ said:

I already posted this on the steam suggestions but we basically are on the same page, heres what i suggested (ill just copy and paste it): 

The developers obviously care a lot about server hopping and spawning in bases, so heres a possible solution that is better than the extremely lazy and quickly thrown in one that is currently in the game.
Technically there is nothing wrong with spawning randomly, it even gives it more variety but the big issue is if you play with friends, especially with friends that are new to the game. 
So how about you make spawning areas, the map is already split in 4 different tiers so the Map can be split for different mechanics too, the map is big enough that the map can be split in 8-10 areas so:
If you disconnect in one area you get randomly respawned in this specific area so regrouping with mates isnt as hard. 

If you want to make this even less exploitable make it so you spawn in a city (randomly and random buildings) in those zones. 

The solution given by dorks and losers dont seem to be good enough. (hur dur just play on one server only, hur dur community servers will fix it)

i can see your point but i disagree i think you should log back in right where you logged out however if you server hop that is when you should spawn randomly in a nearby town or something to fix those exploits there are 0 community servers where you set a spawn point and when asking about it you get told to piss off or this isnt rust get out of here, so the communities are hurting their greatest resource doing this by shooing away players who think differently 

Edited by thesuggestionman

5 minutes ago, thesuggestionman said:

Yeah, ideally you should just respawn where you left but because the developers really want base building in the game you have to kind of make a compromise.

The problem is that when you log out, go to a different server, move to the "inside" of the base and then log in again, in the server where the base is, you basically can kill people inside. I dont see any way to circumvent this besides the not ideal but okay solution i gave. 

16 minutes ago, GIULI_JIPPI_ said:

Yeah, ideally you should just respawn where you left but because the developers really want base building in the game you have to kind of make a compromise.

The problem is that when you log out, go to a different server, move to the "inside" of the base and then log in again, in the server where the base is, you basically can kill people inside. I dont see any way to circumvent this besides the not ideal but okay solution i gave. 

if you server change make it a fresh spawn? kinda makes sense

1 hour ago, thesuggestionman said:

if you server change make it a fresh spawn? kinda makes sense

wouldnt that kind of defeat the entire point? why even have a hive at that point?

The main issue is: If you group up with your friends and want to do a long roadtrip, that when the server crashes or you need to switch (for reasons of lag for example), that you can stay together, with your loot to continue your journey 

Edited by GIULI_JIPPI_

17 minutes ago, GIULI_JIPPI_ said:

wouldnt that kind of defeat the entire point? why even have a hive at that point?

The main issue is: If you group up with your friends and want to do a long roadtrip, that when the server crashes or you need to switch (for reasons of lag for examples), that you can stay together, with your loot to continue your journy 

hmmm im not sure how to really fix it then with every suggestion raises more questions and potential problems 

These 'issues' pop up a couple times every year.  It is a design decision to not let you tag friends and auto-group with them on official servers.

The 'new player' argument doesn't work.  Part of the intended experience is that you have to learn how to survive.  Even on your own.

3 hours ago, GIULI_JIPPI_ said:

The problem is that when you log out, go to a different server, move to the "inside" of the base and then log in again, in the server where the base is, you basically can kill people inside.

This is called "Ghosting". 

Try whitelisted servers if you're so bent about these issues.  The features you're asking for are not for public hives.  Try private servers if you want TutorialDayZ for new players.

Aside, massive waves of new players isn't even close to reality.  Not nearly enough new players to redesign the basic vanilla experience.

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

These 'issues' pop up a couple times every year.  It is a design decision to not let you tag friends and auto-group with them on official servers.

The 'new player' argument doesn't work.  Part of the intended experience is that you have to learn how to survive.  Even on your own.

Try whitelisted servers if you're so bent about these issues.  The features you're asking for are not for public hives.  Try private servers if you want TutorialDayZ for new players.

Aside, massive waves of new players isn't even close to reality.  Not nearly enough new players to redesign the basic vanilla experience.

there are no community mod servers with the feature to create a spawn point like a sleeping bag, this is not game breaking in any way it actually would make it more enjoyable 

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

Im not asking for a tutorial, Dayz for almost 6 years worked liked that, they changed the spawning system at max 3 months ago, was everything until then a tutorial? 

On 10/2/2019 at 2:30 AM, thesuggestionman said:

The suggestions i have i believe would improve the game greatly.there needs to be a better way to squad up and find each other on the map quicker like spawning together or spawning close as possible with current spawn locations to your partner when applicable. say you are in Chernogorsk, your partner would spawn close by in Komarovo instead of Svetlojarsk. this would allow players to find each other much faster instead of having to run for hours to find each other just to play. The second suggestion i have is a crucial one, there needs to be a way to set a re-spawn point such as using a sleeping bag or something. i understand that this is a hardcore survival and that is perfectly fine, however if you or your partner die far away from the coast line it can take hours to get back to each other just to play. you can place a time on the sleeping bag so you can not respawn instantly make it like 5 minuets after you have died that way you cant just re-spawn at your base and get back into the fight right away to stop the raiders. Allow people to place down bags for each other as well, so if one dies but the other lives a bag can be placed down so you may continue playing together without spending hours walking just to meet up again. doing this does not break the hardcore survival and allows people to play together and not feel so punished for dying. I believe adding this feature and timer to the bag not only does it not break the spirit of the game but keeps the hardcore survival feel and allows for more players to come back and enjoy it with their friends. in its current state i feel punished for dying or punished for my friend dying just to have him take well over an hour or two just to run back to me so we can then start playing again. i believe this feature should be added as soon as possible as well, this feature would bring more players back into the community and game because they would be able to play with their friends much more, instead of having to wait for each other for long periods of time.

I don't understand why you keep saying "hours".  It doesn't even take an hour to run from one corner of the map to the other.  I think some people are just FAR too used to games like Call of Duty where gameplay is more fast-paced.  If DayZ is too time consuming for you, perhaps you're playing the wrong game.  I, for one, would prefer to see MUCH larger maps with less probability of running into other people.  If you're really interested in an Arma style DayZ experience, you might go play some Arma, or make your own mod for SA that will bring you closer to what you're looking for.

On 10/6/2019 at 5:50 PM, NachoNinjaGnome said:

I don't understand why you keep saying "hours".  It doesn't even take an hour to run from one corner of the map to the other.  I think some people are just FAR too used to games like Call of Duty where gameplay is more fast-paced.  If DayZ is too time consuming for you, perhaps you're playing the wrong game.  I, for one, would prefer to see MUCH larger maps with less probability of running into other people.  If you're really interested in an Arma style DayZ experience, you might go play some Arma, or make your own mod for SA that will bring you closer to what you're looking for.

call of duty is a garbage game and unless you have a car it takes awhile to run from one end to the other and to see less people are you insane vanilla only has 60 people as is i have been playing 17 hours and only seen 2 people besides my buddy

16 hours ago, thesuggestionman said:

call of duty is a garbage game and unless you have a car it takes awhile to run from one end to the other and to see less people are you insane vanilla only has 60 people as is i have been playing 17 hours and only seen 2 people besides my buddy

It takes "awhile", yes, but not "hours", was my point.  It takes, maybe, ONE hour to travel from one corner to the other on foot.  And what vanilla server has 60 people?  Also, 17 hours is NOT that many.  Having seen 2 people in 17 hours on a vanilla server is actually pretty standard.