Greensek

Addressing Current Game Issues

23 hours ago, S.Kaneda said:

It seems i pushed the right fanboy trigger 🤣

yes i am a fanboy and sometimes i literally do the naughty when new big update is released it's satisfying DayZ is oddly satisfying for me... it's better then sex xD

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

... it's better then sex

...if you like glitchy, laggy sex where, ahem, things get "bugged" in your hands.  😋

On 9/24/2019 at 11:49 PM, drgullen said:

...if you like glitchy, laggy sex where, ahem, things get "bugged" in your hands.  😋

I just reconnect 😛

On 9/20/2019 at 8:51 AM, Greensek said:

We would like to address some of your concerns about the game and talk about bug reporting in DayZ.

Our team is aware that some elements of the game are not working as intended, and we appreciate the feedback you have been providing us.

The console version is facing a few problems with some particular items. Night vision goggles and car's headlights are not working as they should and will be fixed once the update 1.05 releases. We are also working on the item duplication exploit a.k.a. "duping", and we will introduce some fixes to mitigate its occurrence. We can't still provide a specific date but we are working hard to have the update 1.05 released on console as soon as possible.

We also know that some of you are not happy with the current state of the base building and the bleeding mechanics.

- Bleeding: the team is monitoring feedback on this topic to see how the recent changes are accepted;
- Base building/raiding: we will rebalance the entire process, starting from the resource gathering and building, up to the destruction process.

The DayZ dev team is always working on game balance, and adjusting it in every update in order to provide you a better gaming experience. 

DayZ is a game with a wide variety of mechanics, and things don’t always work exactly as they should. So if you would like to report an issue, especially something that hasn't been mentioned above, please follow please check this link: 

This is all well and good, but what about cars being literal death traps? This feels like one of the biggest issues in the game right now, and there's been absolutely no communication on solving this problem in 2019.  

If I had to pick one bug that kills immersion, it has to be the fact you cannot see light sources when zooming in.  Scoped and regular zoom are both the same.  How likely is it that this is addressed in 1.06? 

On 9/20/2019 at 11:51 AM, Greensek said:

@EzyStriderPS4 From what I’ve heard, it’s impossible. I don’t know exactly what’s going on but it’s because light sources at a distance are different from regular light sources. They are ‘faked’ to give a similar effect. Zooming in messes with that. If they don’t ‘fake’ the effect, I imagine it’s a HUGE resource drain. The choice we have either to accept it, or not see lights at a distance.

Anyway, doesn’t it mess with your immersion when your character magically zooms in with their eyes? 😉

@ThePugman -- Dang... that is really unfortunate about lights.  I hope they can fake it 'til they make it! It's so busted right now because if you zoom in with a scope, you can see the point where the light originates but there is no environmental light or cone from the source.

As for the magical bit about zoom, I see it this way (no pun intended): The "zoom" feature allows me to see what my eyes would normally see for resolution/detail into the distance in the real world.  I was blessed with 20/15 vision, for which I am grateful, and with which, my eyes can see well beyond the limited resolution presented within the regular FOV in DayZ (without the zoom).  Therefore, I don't qualify this feature as a "zoom," but rather, it is similar to the actual focal point of my eyes' visual field.  For example, to test this, focus your vision on any object in the room/place you find yourself in, and you will notice that the area in your visual field that can see fine detail is very small. The other 80-90% is all periphery, even the spaces 2-3 inches away from your point of focus.  So when I "zoom," that focal point becomes a greater portion of the screen, allowing me to see that portion of the screen as I normally would, with the detail I normally would, if looking into the distance IRL.  That's how I've been justifying it, man, hahaha. I hope that wasn't too complicated of an explanation.

Edited by EzyStriderPS4

Buenas a todos, seria mucho pedir más hincapié en los fallos y bugs? por que llega a ser desesperante jugar. Es muy triste que un juego de esta calidad esté de esta manera y se te quitan hasta las ganas de jugar, de verdad, cuidadlo más por que tenéis aquí una mina de oro y cada vez que me pongo estoy más tiempo cabreado por los errores y bugs que por morir cuando voy bien equipado. Un saludo

Edited by Gitanse14

A general question before I file a bug report.

Sometimes I get kicked for high ping, although the average ping is under 30 ms. Is it possible that the auto kick  mechanism is to sensitive and immediatelly kicks players when they have a few short time lag spikes?