Greensek

Addressing Current Game Issues

14 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

if you want to have a nice experience on DayZ with a console buy an SSD...

I'm playing DayZ on a PS4 Pro with Internal Samsung SSD and it still runs bad. I guess the rendering is a bit faster/better but all the bugs, bluescreens, freezes aso. are still there!!!

Its just bad coded and it's not the fault of the console platform it's the fault of the lazy and unproffesional devs. BI is asking for such a high price for DayZ on console so they should hurry give their customers the state of the game that they deserve and paid for. It's not a freaking Beta game anymore they god damn RELEASED IT and they can't even bring out Hotfixes for simple problems. They don't post any progress of the console version and they let the console players in the dark. Their last livestream was a complete disaster imho and they should be ashamed how they treat their customers!

Insane Loot bugs, blue screens/server crashes, ultra bad performance which result in bad pvp expirience, Rubber Banding/Lag/Teleporting, Guns not working (no dmg), Dupers/Duping, Cars freezing + dissapearing, bad physics + endless amount of other bugs...

If they don't manage to get rid of the gamebreaking bugs/problems with 1.05 I will be done with DayZ and I will also avoid EVERYTHING from BI in the future. I don't like to get scammed!

1 hour ago, S.Kaneda said:

You can use sewing kits to heal your wounds.

In 1.05 (i assume you're on PC) it's 5 wounds per kit, and it takes 2 slots.

I’m not worried about slot sizes, I’m concerned about how quickly blood drains.

4 hours ago, andro_dawton said:

And Bleeding is nearly fine. But you bleed out too fast. Just rebalance the ammount of blood per secound so that you have the chance to bandage after you wake up after beeing uncon.

That’s a good point, actually. Unconsciousness MUST compliment blood loss. In 1.05 it just kills you. 

What’s even worse is, with several cuts, you die so quickly that you don’t even have a chance to go unconscious!

1.05 blood loss definitely needs a slight nerf. Perhaps they could reduce the time of blood loss-related unconsciousness. Make it more akin to blacking out/fainting. I’m pretty sure DayZ Mod did this. Sometimes you’d only black out for a few seconds. 

Also, more visual/auditory cues for bleeding (all status effects need this - we talked about this in the 1.05 experimental thread). Why don’t characters react when they receive a cut? I still, occasionally, don’t notice that I’m bleeding. I’ve seen many others do it, too. In 1.05 this really screws you over. Characters don’t even yelp when they get shot... 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

That’s a good point, actually. Unconsciousness MUST compliment blood loss. In 1.05 it just kills you. 

What’s even worse is, with several cuts, you die so quickly that you don’t even have a chance to go unconscious!

1.05 blood loss definitely needs a slight nerf. Perhaps they could reduce the time of blood loss-related unconsciousness. Make it more akin to blacking out/fainting. I’m pretty sure DayZ Mod did this. Sometimes you’d only black out for a few seconds. 

Also, more visual/auditory cues for bleeding (all status effects need this - we talked about this in the 1.05 experimental thread). Why don’t characters react when they receive a cut? I still, occasionally, don’t notice that I’m bleeding. I’ve seen many others do it, too. In 1.05 this really screws you over. Characters don’t even yelp when they get shot... 

My suggestion would be to make the red phase and red blinking phase of blood loss to take significantly longer. With blinking red being the phase where the player is unconscious. 

3 hours ago, ThePugman said:

I’m not worried about slot sizes, I’m concerned about how quickly blood drains.

I'm quoting you :

"Right now, there is no advantage in carrying bandages over rags. Sure, they are 1 slot smaller, but a stack will only heal 2 cuts, compared to 6 with a stack of rags."

With sewing kit, you have 5 for 2 that's all i said.

Edited by S.Kaneda

The most pressing issues right now in my opinion, sorted by priorities:

1. Since 1.05 you half of the time the cannot lood dead bodies anymore. Even if you can loot bodies, you often cannot access the main weapon from the hands of the body. Bodies very often glitch into walls, surfaces, trought textures. There is no collisions to the bodies in the moment they fall down.  Even if not near any buildings, in open grass it often happens that you cannot access the body.
  2. About the bleeding:  You are bleeding out wayyy too fast right now.  While i think that bleeding should have some effect, its the wrong approach.  0.62 did it right.  You could go unconscious way faster but depending on your injuries it could take up to 10 minutes to bleed out.  So what i mean:  Make bloodloss cause unconsciousness more often, but not instant death.  Friends or enemies should have the possibility and choice to bandage you, stabalize, you CPR, give you saline or blood and do some first aid.
  3. too less bullet damage or too high protection values on simple clothing and non armored vests, or delay of injury feedback when getting hit anywhere else but in the head.
  4. MK22 Ambibia is still with bugged sound. Even its a silenced effect, you can here it kilometers away.
  5. A lot of shots are not heared by everyone who should hear them. Some shots 20meters away cannot be heard.

More detailed feedback, including ideas about base building and broken limbs, take from my 6 side long Feedback letter (you hopefully know this already) 🙂

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1spMW2b-O37aTWNeX_YtuLUD4eE8KVXMCOSK4nmW8LXQ/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by krazikilla

14 hours ago, S.Kaneda said:

If that's for telling shit, please just pass your way...

This topic is about games bugs and improvment.

Lot of game works great on console, and if controller is implemented the right way (for ex : using the PS4 touch pad for inventory), it can  be fine.

For the OP :

- Fix cars : physics (flying and rolling cars first, then adjust it like in real life, were you can climb a hill faster than 15 Km/h), despawn, freeze and stuck issue.

- Fix inventory, like items stuck in tents/barels, or the fact that if there is a lot of loot in a tent/barel, navigate the stuff is a pain in the *ss (some item won't even appear, they're in hidden slots).

- ADD TOUCHPAD for PS4 inventory management!

- Make battery powered scopes work again (most are broken since 1.04)

- so many things i forgot...

So true...

I wasn't using this glitch, but after 2 cars despawn, 1 stuck in a tree (because of freezing issue), 2 flying others, one character wiped (good bye the only KA-74 i ever found...) and closing public server that made us loose 3/4 of our stuff (how to travel with 1500+ slots between servers with anti-hoping system? Not talking about moving barels, or car lost in the process...), i reward myself with now just one duct tape... (before character wipe bug, i had sewing and leather sewing kit, firearms kit, duct tape, always on me, because i hate glitching, but i'm so bored with all that bugs...)

And i can tell the same with the sewing kit for patching wounds, actually it's 100 patch per kit, after 1.05 it will be 5...

But hey, duct tape "glitch" and sewing kit (not a glitch i believe) are issues that HARD BREAK THE GAME 🤣

if games work on console with a controller why ArmA isnt on consoles then smart guy?

@S.Kaneda I suppose that makes bandages even more useless! I believe they plan to reintroduce wound infection via rags and sewing kits. Bandages, being sterile, won’t be affected. I just want bandages to be quicker to apply for extra balance. It would make them a valuable item worth scavenging.

I also think it would be cool if you got 10+ uses out of a sewing kit, but it took much longer to stop the bleeding. Using a bandage vs stitching a wound, would definitely be faster.

@amadieus That’s a good suggestion. I’d like to see that for food, water and health, too. Or maybe it would be better to make the red phase longer, so that it acts as a warning. I kinda feel like flashing red should make you panic, which might be lost if it’s the longest phase.

3 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

if games work on console with a controller why ArmA isnt on consoles then smart guy?

Do we talk about ARMA here?

Did i say "ALL games works on console"?

I don't think so...

Go play ARK on console : IT WORKS, far better than DayZ.

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

@S.Kaneda I suppose that makes bandages even more useless! I believe they plan to reintroduce wound infection via rags and sewing kits. Bandages, being sterile, won’t be affected. I just want bandages to be quicker to apply for extra balance. It would make them a valuable item worth scavenging.

I also think it would be cool if you got 10+ uses out of a sewing kit, but it took much longer to stop the bleeding. Using a bandage vs stitching a wound, would definitely be faster.

Wound infection actually is on on 1.04 on console with rags and sewing kits, since i sterilise my sewing kit, never get infected after zombie cuts wounds.

And yes, bandage is useless in its actual way, and it's nonsense.

Edited by S.Kaneda

19 hours ago, S.Kaneda said:

So true...

I wasn't using this glitch, but after 2 cars despawn, 1 stuck in a tree (because of freezing issue), 2 flying others, one character wiped (good bye the only KA-74 i ever found...) and closing public server that made us loose 3/4 of our stuff (how to travel with 1500+ slots between servers with anti-hoping system? Not talking about moving barels, or caran lost in the process...), i reward myself with now just one duct tape... (before character wipe bug, i had sewing and leather sewing kit, firearms kit, duct tape, always on me, because i hate glitching, but i'm so bored with all that bugs...)

And i can tell the same with the sewing kit for patching wounds, actually it's 100 patch per kit, after 1.05 it will be 5...

But hey, duct tape "glitch" and sewing kit (not a glitch i believe) are issues that HARD BREAK THE GAME 🤣

Yeah, don't get me wrong......  I'd be totally cool with little exploits like the duct tape glitch being fixed if we didn't have the issues with weapons and mags not loading/unloading properly or simply becoming completely unusable at some point where they have to be scrapped.  ....not to mention lost or stuck in a tent, trunk, etc.  

So, as a result, I have to carry several weapons including magazines for them, ammo, etc. just in case one or more of them permanently glitches out on me.  I find enough tape rolls while looting around but at a cost of 4 inventory spaces, it's space I don't have.  

If the weapons, mags and inventory glitches were fixed, I'd be happy to stick with a main weapon (perhaps two) and maybe a sidearm knowing that as long as I keep them maintained, I can keep them for good.  .....but as is, that's not possible. 

It's just that when I hear they want to fix the duct tape exploit or want to add damage to players in car crashes when the cars crash way more often due to spikes in lag rather than player fault, it really makes me question just how well they understand just how extreme these problems are that we keep telling them about.  

• Like 1

Could we get an update on private server admin tools/increased server logs? (PS4) or otherwise. 

Thanks

Duping is not the issue. The issue is that you limit maximum number of guns per map. Even if people hoard guns the same issue occurs. You punish people who play properly for the actions of dupers and hoarders. I have stopped playing and will not play again until this has been mitigated. And I was going to rent a server. You do not deserve my extra cash untill issues that have existed since launch are fixed 

Edited by Doug Fuoco
Typo

8 hours ago, S.Kaneda said:

Wound infection actually is on on 1.04 on console with rags and sewing kits, since i sterilise my sewing kit, never get infected after zombie cuts wounds.

Yes, but they removed it in 1.05 because it didn’t actually have an effect. I asked them about it, and they say they plan on revisiting it at some point.

On 20/09/2019 at 14:56, Anyeurysm said:

1. Problemas de dessincronização.

2. Desassociação de veículos e física de condução.

3. Gerenciamento de estoque.

4. Melhores controles administrativos e lista de permissões.

Aborde essas questões e pare de desperdiçar nosso tempo.

rendering too, scarce items

On 20/09/2019 at 12:51, Greensek said:

Gostaríamos de abordar algumas de suas preocupações sobre o jogo e falar sobre relatórios de erros no DayZ.

Nossa equipe está ciente de que alguns elementos do jogo não estão funcionando conforme o esperado e agradecemos o feedback que você nos forneceu.

A versão do console está enfrentando alguns problemas com alguns itens específicos. Os óculos de visão noturna e os faróis do carro não estão funcionando como deveriam e serão corrigidos assim que a atualização 1.05 for lançada. Também estamos trabalhando no exploit de duplicação de itens, conhecido como "duping", e apresentaremos algumas correções para atenuar sua ocorrência. Ainda não podemos fornecer uma data específica, mas estamos trabalhando duro para que a atualização 1.05 seja lançada no console o mais rápido possível.

Também sabemos que alguns de vocês não estão satisfeitos com o estado atual do edifício da base e com a mecânica do sangramento.

- Sangramento: a equipe está monitorando o feedback sobre este tópico para ver como as alterações recentes são aceitas;
- Construção / invasão da base: reequilibraremos todo o processo, desde a coleta e construção de recursos até o processo de destruição.

A equipe de desenvolvimento do DayZ está sempre trabalhando no equilíbrio do jogo e ajustando-o a cada atualização para fornecer uma melhor experiência de jogo. 

DayZ é um jogo com uma grande variedade de mecânicas, e as coisas nem sempre funcionam exatamente como deveriam. Portanto, se você gostaria de relatar um problema, especialmente algo que não foi mencionado acima, siga este link: 

Joke? Are you laughing at our face?

3 minutes ago, Gamer PPKBR said:

Joke? Are you laughing at our face?

Uhm, he just gives a small update? 

21 hours ago, S.Kaneda said:

Do we talk about ARMA here?

Did i say "ALL games works on console"?

I don't think so...

Go play ARK on console : IT WORKS, far better than DayZ.

And yes, bandage is useless in its actual way, and it's nonsense.

DayZ and ArmA are very similar games and you are comparing ARK which is made on an engine made for consoles and pc to DayZ a game made for PC with the engine also made for PC and is ArmA based also ARK is on consoles waaay longer then DayZ ... 🙂

3 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

ARK is on consoles waaay longer then DayZ ... 🙂

DayZ SA is "alive" WAAaaYyyYYyyyyyyyy longer than ARK, and still is full of bugs, breaking game issues.

And ARMA is a totally different game than DayZ.

And they released it on console as a finished game, full priced.

Honestly, bug reporting for DayZ has always been convoluted and terrible.  It says a lot that you have to create a thread to explain how to bug report, and then at the end of Impulz's thread it says to use social media.   

Why do we have to use social media?  I thought this was the central spot for DayZ info.  Why do I have to travel around the internet to get official info instead of going to the official site for said information?

This is the only game I've played where the bug reporting option is very not-user-friendly.   Players have been saying this for years.  I'd rather wait it out instead of trying to use your bug reporting option.  I'd rather die to random nonsense, respawn, and make my way across the map again instead of trying to navigate this non-intuitive bug reporting garbage.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, S.Kaneda said:

DayZ SA is "alive" WAAaaYyyYYyyyyyyyy longer than ARK, and still is full of bugs, breaking game issues.

And ARMA is a totally different game than DayZ.

And they released it on console as a finished game, full priced.

It's alive way longer then Ark but up until 0.60 it's been on Take on Helicopters engine which was basically somewhat better ArmA 2 engine and it was pretty much ArmA just bit different and with survival aspect it looked like ArmA and played like ArmA just a lot buggier arma... They wanted to do a lot of things as said on 2015 road map but they changed that and opt to make a whole new engine called Enfusion which started at 0.60 they made Enfusion rendering which was Dx11 and had better perfomance and graphics and later itterations were graphics related and then on 0.63 they switched fully to Enfusion and had to start from scratch and just that engine switch allowed enough perfomance to be pushed to consoles and only blind people do not see that they released it as Full game on consoles for money it was a cash grab to fuel the development how else would you explain jump from 0.63 to 1.0... They skipped 37 updates for that 1.0 name so really 1.05 is... Well... 0.69 update lol wait till we hit real 1.0 everything will be better and you don't realise that DayZ is way more complex then ARK as it's an in house engine made by Bohemia and not something you can download and make your games on it and have built in console support Unreal Engine is alive for like 2 decades maybe bit less while Enfusion is only like if you are counting from official release old like 2-3 years since 0.60 and full Enfusion is barelly even 1 year old since the release to the public and if you are counting the development it's like 5 years old 

So just stop comparing Ark to DayZ totally different games on totally different engines If you like ARK so much get off this forum and go play it 

Edit:

Ark also released a "FULL game" and charged 60 euros for it and it's full of bugs and optimization issues and shit that should not be charged 60 for it... Same thing as DayZ did just worse

Edited by KajMak64Bit2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

If you like ARK so much get off this forum and go play it

It seems i pushed the right fanboy trigger 🤣

• Beans 1