Anyeurysm

Server log reader app

Let's here it for Don Sibley ladies and gentlemen!!! 

But how shameful is it for Bohemia that this guy had to go out and hire a programmer to build an app to sort through the 1000's of lines of text in the log files so he can better administrate his server?

Bohemia could have made an app in a single afternoon and made it available to server owners, but in typical BI fashion they sell you an unfinished product and then remain silent on the issue.

Take note Bohemia, you should do something to compensate Mr. Sibley for his continued hard work and dedication to the game many of us still love in spite of your continued gaffes.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

"how shameful is it for Bohemia that this guy had to go out and hire a programmer to build an app to sort through the 1000's of lines of text in the log files so he can better administrate his server?"

Shameful? Not at all, if a person cannot summon the strength to read lines of plain text then, really, they're not the right person to be admin'ing a server in the first place.

Content within the current logs is easy to read and understand, nobody should need any kind of app to do that.

9 hours ago, FJinn said:

"how shameful is it for Bohemia that this guy had to go out and hire a programmer to build an app to sort through the 1000's of lines of text in the log files so he can better administrate his server?"

Shameful? Not at all, if a person cannot summon the strength to read lines of plain text then, really, they're not the right person to be admin'ing a server in the first place.

Content within the current logs is easy to read and understand, nobody should need any kind of app to do that.

As he highlights in the video the logs can be 1000s of lines long... 

Yeah I'm sure reading a log for a 10-20 person server is not an issue.

But on a big server with greenzones and differing rules it can become quite the task. Especially for people with real world responsibilities.

It must be lonely up there for you.

• Like 1

be nice to work out how to get into into a excel type format so you can sort by position to try figure out offline base raiding!!

On 9/11/2019 at 8:57 AM, Djyoz said:

be nice to work out how to get into into a excel type format so you can sort by position to try figure out offline base raiding!!

I think he posted another video doing exactly that 

On 9/11/2019 at 9:57 AM, Djyoz said:

37 minutes ago, Siva Saravanan said:

really? whats the link

its easy enough, just download the adm, rpt or log file. Open excel, from excel open file (looking at all files) Import it into excel, and you can filter it to your hearts content. . Not too much of a big deal .. . I review the data on a daily basis from the day before, usually takes me an hour . . check all the players, see whats going on.

On 9/9/2019 at 7:57 AM, FJinn said:

Clearly this person I've quoted has no idea what they're talking about.  The server log is an atrocious and useless feature.

We are talking big boy servers with 100 slots with heavy traffic.   Good luck sifting through that.

Edited by LnS247
  • Like 2