remoz

Best way to Kick/Ban users

Hello,

i've a simple question: which is the best/correct way to kick or ban users (permanent or temporarily) from a DayZ Server? 
I've tried with DART and with EPM RCon, but no way... i can see users, i can send admin messages, global messages, individual messages (and this works correctly) but no way to kick or ban user: the software give me a "successfully" feedback, but the player is in game and he can join even after a restart... No Kick and no ban... idk why...

The only way i've actually found to ban a user is to place the SteamID64 of the user to ban in the bans.txt file under BE config folder, but i need to restart the server to make it taking effect!!

How do you do this operation?

Many thanks,

bye

Remoz

Set 

RestrictRCon

to 0 in your BEServer_x64.cfg

If it is not in there, add it.

Thanks so much to both!

Bye

Remoz

Edited by remoz

On 9/4/2019 at 6:14 PM, philippj said:

Set 

RestrictRCon

to 0 in your BEServer_x64.cfg

If it is not in there, add it.

Hello!

I've tried with RestrictRCon 0, but after this setting (was 1 before) everybody get kicked at join cause not whitelisted... there are a way to enable it without enabling whitelist? Or whitelist "ALL" but who is in bans.txt file...

Thanks,

Remoz

13 hours ago, remoz said:

Hello!

I've tried with RestrictRCon 0, but after this setting (was 1 before) everybody get kicked at join cause not whitelisted... there are a way to enable it without enabling whitelist? Or whitelist "ALL" but who is in bans.txt file...

Thanks,

Remoz

RestrictRCon will just enable 3rd party tools to use the BE RCon commands to kick, ban etc. 

I don't know which admin tool you are using. Go into the configuration for whatever it is and disable the whitelist.