Sign in to follow this  
TheDrifT3r_Cz

Idea with First person view

Hi,

in this moment, it's too complicated to put out walkie-talkie and put it on, or light on chemical light.

What about to do feature, when you look in free looking (holding L1) on your body and center on walkie-talkie, or Chem light, there appear option to turn it on and change channels (same as if walkie is in hand). 

That should work nice, don't you think? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The walkie-talkie would make sense, the chem light wouldn't. In order to make the chem light light up, you need to break it. So taking it in your hands makes sense. Also, have you tried putting your walkie on the hotbar and holding the key and see if that gives you the option? That might work as well.

27 minutes ago, IMT said:

The walkie-talkie would make sense, the chem light wouldn't. In order to make the chem light light up, you need to break it. So taking it in your hands makes sense. Also, have you tried putting your walkie on the hotbar and holding the key and see if that gives you the option? That might work as well.

Yeah, I know how Chem lights work, but there could be animation for taking it from that bag, break it, and give it back.. 

I'm wearing tactical shirt and cargo pants, bulletproof vest all times, so I have only 5 quick slots.. 

1 hour ago, IMT said:

TheDrifT3r_Cz correctly suggests. There is no need to remove chemical light or a walkie-talkie from a backpack to turn it on. This should work in inventory just like you send a cartridge or magazine to a rifle in the open inventory screen. Everything that the player moves to the hands in the inventory screen should receive a menu of actions on the item.

Edited by lex__1

This is something that is in several Arma 3 mods, it works perfectly.
So much easier and more logical than to open your inventory.

6 hours ago, Christoffer.s said:

This is something that is in several Arma 3 mods, it works perfectly.
So much easier and more logical than to open your inventory. 

But it’s all the same, it only works when you hold down the left mouse button and look at the animation. But I suggest that the same actions can be done in the inventory screen, so as not to keep any button pressed.

Sign in to follow this