Sign in to follow this  
Hashbrix

Killed by flashbang????

Private server owner here. Apparently a few of my players messing with each other, accidentally killed one of themselves with a flashbang and its in the logfiles. Anyone have any other info on this?

Thats intended, they make a bit of damage to players close by. A not-so-healthy player might die of this.

Not quite on the subject, but also make sure you don't accidentally defibrilate yourself.  A buddy of mine did that....HILLARIOUS!!!!!!!  In case you don't know, the only way to bring them back to is to zap them again and perform CPR.  

18 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Thats intended, they make a bit of damage to players close by. A not-so-healthy player might die of this.

Player in question that died was full health with nothing around them. White screen then death. I could see the small amount of damage because it is something that technically explodes but from full health???

2 hours ago, Hashbrix said:

Player in question that died was full health with nothing around them. White screen then death. I could see the small amount of damage because it is something that technically explodes but from full health???

Sadly i don't have any values to work with, but an educated guess would be that a flashbang right on the head can hurt big times. Maybe i can find a guinea pig to test this.

Edit:

I was asking around in our community. Turns out our members did some testing, usually die flashbang doesn't do any damage, even when laid right on the head. But there seems to be a bug that would instantly kill a player when in the reach of a flashbang explosion, most of the times it was the player standing the furthest away from the explosion.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ

I have messed around with a lot of flashbangs and have had 3 or 4 of them explode in my hands.

We were trying to see if it was possible to pick a thrown grenade up and throw it back before it exploded (spoiler, it ain't!) and the best result we got each time was to be able to pick it back up but we never had time to get it thrown back.

I never lost the top-layer of white though.

Sign in to follow this