skJF

Wosrst server hopping solution ever

31 minutes ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

Idk why they ever created the hives to begin with.

Take a look at the history of DayZ. Its been there since Dean gave access to the mod with 3-4 servers. I remember spending more time trying to get on a server then playing on some days. You can bet that we would not be here if this "solution" would have been in place since day 1.

Pre 1.0 it was also possible for communites to share their hive-shard with slave servers. If ghosting was happening it wasnt too hard for admins to detect it with logs and act accordingly. Was it fun? Nope. Was it better then this teleportation nonsense? Yes. I wouldnt even think about setting up a Master/Slave now.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:38 AM, ThePugman said:

I’ve also used it in a good way. After a long journey to Tisy, I felt I needed a fresh start, so CHOSE to server hop and spawn in a random location. It was kinda cool. Post-Tisy often feels like a bit of a slog. I know it’s not exactly realistic, but it’s a nice option to have if you want to mix it up a bit. 

...and, as already stated, this is just one example of abusing the system. Got into trouble somewhere? Eh, just hop and teleport to safety.

7 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Take a look at the history of DayZ. Its been there since Dean gave access to the mod with 3-4 servers. I remember spending more time trying to get on a server then playing on some days. You can bet that we would not be here if this "solution" would have been in place since day 1.

Pre 1.0 it was also possible for communites to share their hive-shard with slave servers. If ghosting was happening it wasnt too hard for admins to detect it with logs and act accordingly. Was it fun? Nope. Was it better then this teleportation nonsense? Yes. I wouldnt even think about setting up a Master/Slave now.

Ah... I never played the mod, and it makes sense why it was started, considering the lack of server abundance, but now, with there being as many servers as there are players, it seems completely unnecessary.

Every time I think about reinstalling this game, that I once loved, I check here and see it is a total cluster.

On 8/11/2019 at 5:10 PM, skJF said:

Found a car last night, spent hours fixing it...  12 hours later, servers full.  I got to another server to go find some food in the mean time...  I'm literally all the way across the map.  This is out-fkn-rageous...  What kind of functioning adult actually thought this was a good idea?

Much better than the previous solution which was to allow server hopping

On 8/27/2019 at 7:59 AM, elaintahra said:

Much better than the previous solution which was to allow server hopping

You're wrong.  But, you already knew that.