Dancedwithlions

This is a long shot but....

I still need to ask these questions.

I am on the verge of deleting the game, but being an old gamer I always try to bypass issues and continue regardless. However that said my experience on Dayz so far has been less than enjoyable. I know many of you have had great play time and would be completely different to me, I envy you.

Lag: Regardless of which server I play on I experience it, I have tried the EU servers ect. they are all the same. I normally die as a result of it, not to other players but zombies, every time. I run into a building close the door and still be hit by them, only to find that I was never actually in the building but due to lag I was still outside. I have a very good internet connection and play on a PS4 PRO there should be no reason for the lag what so ever. Does anyone else experience such issues?

When I first played Dayz I was using an official PS4 headset, other players could me and I could hear them. Then all of a sudden I found that other players could no longer here me, I could here them though. I bought a new headset, not a PS4 headset, and that resolved the issue. Until tonight, now not only can players not here me I cant hear them. Well not all any way, but they certainly cant hear me. Again, does any one else have a similar issue and if so is there a solution?

I tried contacting Bohemia but as with most gaming companies they have not replied, I even asked them how to get a refund I was that deterred.

I am a bit gutted, I have watched a few YT vids on the game and watched people having great fun playing it, I just do not quite understand why it is so fecked up for me.

If any one can give me some information on the above I will be very grateful. As said I do not want to just give up.

Thanks. 

Are you from the Eu area. Do you have lag or a mic issues in other multiplayer games ? Do you use a wifi or  an ethernet connection. Next week comes out the new big update for the Dayz. Hopefully it fixes some performance issues.

I refunded on xbox but still have my ps4 version. During my 900+ hours i have never had a problem players not hearing me or i hearing them. 

I used the ps4 gold headset and turtlebeach ear force 500p.

Your not in a party? Because that does not work. 

Have you checked settings>devices so that all sound is through the headset? 

Is it 3.5mm jack? Is it pushed in all the way? 2 clicks. 

Does it work with other games? 

As MaximusDickus mentioned, we are getting the update next week that should fix these issues regarding lag, server hopping, etc.

Every console player has been waiting for this update as most others who you have seen play it on YT are usually the PC players (that will always be ahead of us on updates) and or console as well. They make the most out of it because they find something to make content out of and yet I enjoy watching any of their vids just like you. It gives me hope that the devs are working their hardest even though they're trying.

I do agree that I did spend the money that wasn't worth the price of what is still a broken game, but the devs are at least doing what they can. Even if it means having their communities ask for refunds or just rant about the same ol' issues we have as well.

My console setup is the same as yours, with great connection speeds on either ethernet or wifi and yet I'm also met with your same problems with lag and all when assets need to render in.

I have a Asto A10 wired headset that I connect to the controller and I have no issues with the audio on my end when playing unless the game decides to cut off the audio on its own at random times.

Other than that, my only guess is to close the game and restart to fix the above mentioned that you stated. Not 100% sure but it's a start.

You'll enjoy the game at your own pace as most others will not. Just don't give up what you expect out of it.

I would wait until next week’s major update to see if your problems are improved. 

• Beans 2

I am in the Uk London to be precise. My PS4 headset works fine on BF5 just not on Dayz! I use ethernet connection as it is supposedly a quicker connection. Which as said no reason for internet delay but there is. No not in party chat this was just proximity chat.

I now have a headset that connects directly to the controller, as said it worked fine until recently. Now it has stopped working.

I will, as you have mentioned, await the new patch and see what happens then.

Thanks for your replies.

Could also be that OTHER players are in a party which would prevent you from hearing each other. Doesn’t have to just be you.

2 hours ago, Dancedwithlions said:

Okay thanks, Im in the UK I will be on at about 19:30 GMT if that is okay with you. Is that your PSN username?

I'm cet so time here is 19:25

I just died and spawned back at the coast, do you know where you are right now? 

Edited by bent.toe

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

I'm cet so time here is 19:25

I just died and spawned back at the coast, do you know where you are right now? 

I am just about to start playing, which server are you on?

Hmm not sure what the issue could be but would be willing to help. Also from the UK (north west) and play mainly on UK servers, if you are playing during evenings/nights I usually have one other guy I play with from UK (he’s recently just died and I’m about to make my way from Tisy to Balota) and we could meet up to try and help. 

Do you have many people you play with to test it out as well? Do you have this issue in party chat?

Let me know how you get on man.

2 hours ago, namrednels1 said:

Hmm not sure what the issue could be but would be willing to help. Also from the UK (north west) and play mainly on UK servers, if you are playing during evenings/nights I usually have one other guy I play with from UK (he’s recently just died and I’m about to make my way from Tisy to Balota) and we could meet up to try and help. 

Do you have many people you play with to test it out as well? Do you have this issue in party chat?

Let me know how you get on man.

I play alone, would have however prefer to play alongside a group. Not sure how to share usernames here if you know let me me know.